1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead: AMC-channel series Anyone psyched?

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by GoodGame, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

This time I have to agree - their dialogs are not that good, I find them on borderline of "acceptable", then again, I'm not a native English speaker (so I'd probably not know what is considered "normal" or "good" or "realistic" conversation"). Pacing is bit slow and instead of showing useless searching and random conversations, one could have shown more bonding between Ricks group and Hershels (Spl?) group (like where and how they got their food, how they slept and what conflicts rose ((We only saw glimpses of survivors making food, helping to make food and one dinner together with hershels group))). Then again, IMO its waaaay better than first season. Also, I did like the ending *spoiler*.

2. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Ha, I liked the first season a LOT better.

But they should really use the comics material better. It seems like they're afraid to, because its way too dark for mainstream TV.

3. Dachs

Dachs Intelligence Officer

So, I don't know anything about this series, because the sum total of TV I watch is

1. Sports
    2. There is no number 2

But I saw this on another website and thought it was funny:
    Spoiler I don't know if this is an actual spoiler :
    "In the midseason finale of Walking Dead this past Sunday, Shane served as the character proxy for many of the show's viewers. Sick of sitting around and debating the same moral questions over and over again while the rest of the cast endlessly chased after a character that nobody really cared about, Shane took a stand. He freaked out, started picking fights with everyone, grabbed the guns, and found some zombies to kill. And of course, by taking that action, he found Sophia and moved the plot along. Yay Shane!"

4. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Keeping Shane around instead of killing him while they were camped near Atlanta was one of the smarter things they've done in the TV version.

5. PeteAtoms

PeteAtoms FormulaRandom

I feel like Shane's attitude in the show is taking away a bit from Rick's transformation that he goes through in the comic series. In the comics, IIRC, Rick is torn up about trying to hold onto his human decency and altruism, and is constantly put into positions where he is faced with choosing him and his family over the well being of others, which is basically what Shane is all about in the show.

i really hope we see Rick start heading down that road of darkness and doubt about his humanity.

I dunno, basically, I'm feeling like the darkness that Rick and Carl end up going through in the comics is being played out through Shane in the show, as if they want to keep Rick the "good guy" and turn Shane into the "bad guy." I don't know if I'm articulating it very well, but there ya go, my 2c :p

6. Eat_Up_Martha

Eat_Up_Martha Chieftain

While we're on the subject of Shane, something came up in conversation today that I'd like to discuss. I think the scene where he tried to rape Lori was a cheap gimmick by the writers.

I think that, up to that point, Shane had been an unstable person but who was still trying to do good by the people he cared for. He was conflicted, confused, and he rarely made the right choice. He was someone that the audience could relate to.

Why did he have to go and try and rape her? I think that the whole Shane/Rick/Lori thing would be a much more emotionally compelling concept if the audience could genuinely root for both men. But now they can't. Rape or attempted rape is not something a person (fictional or not) can ever really redeem themselves from. The show needed a villain (apparently...) and the writers just hamfisted one into the show.

7. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

So when does season 2 part 2 start?

8. NovaKart

NovaKart شێری گەورە

I think some time in February.

9. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

February 12

10. Justo

Justo Chieftain

I generally enjoy this show quite a bit. Quite different from most other shows on TV these days. The first part of season two was quite well done although did drag on in some parts. Like most others I felt that it could probably have been wrapped up in 3-4 episodes.

I recently rewatched the first episode of season one. Definately by far the best episode of the entire show. Has a completely different feel to all the other episodes.

11. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

I cannot wait for Sunday :D, I am really anticipating this next episode, if it's crap I'll be really bummed :(

12. Murky

Murky Chieftain

I like the show, but doesn't each episode follow the same basic formula? It's like they begin with some relationship management (for drama I guess), then move on to basic survival(to stress they are living through an apocalypse) and then zombie killing (to make things more exciting)?

13. Aroddo

Aroddo Chieftain

Yeah, the second season was quite a letdown ... on the other hand, this chapter was one of the weakest parts of the comics, too.
    Apart from being a bit boring it was performed quite well, though. But I really missed the lack of significant additions to the story to differentiate itself from the comics, which was the case in season 1. Season 2 just felt stretched.

14. Murky

Murky Chieftain

So do you think they will kill Randall?

Spoiler :
    I think they might have Carl kill Shane at the end of this season

15. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Shane is the only good character left besides Daryl. Everyone else are idiots that would die within minutes of a real apocalyptic situation. Man, just kill people and take their stuff. Screw being civil.

16. Murky

Murky Chieftain

So you think he was right to kill Otis?

17. Luckymoose

Yes. Otis was a fat, useless slob that served his purpose as bait.

18. Murky

Murky Chieftain

Wasn't he the one who put all those zombies in the barn solo? That doesn't seem useless to me.

I can see why the writers took this direction. They wanted the audience to feel less sympathy for Shane before they kill him off.

19. Luckymoose

Bringing zombies into the barn was a poor decision. Shane is the hero of the story, and time and time again he is saving people and being crapped on for it. He saved Rick numerous times, he saved Rick's family and took them in as his own, etc. Shane and Daryl are the only characters worth watching the show for.

20. Murky

Murky Chieftain

So what will you do when they kill Shane and/or Daryl?