The Wall Street Occupation

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, there is a catch 22 going on with recent grads. You need the job skills to get the job, but where do you get the job skills if even an entry level job has requirements? That's a barrier to entry in most people's eyes and it's what's ticking many of the youth off.

That doesn't make sense. Why would a company create job requirements that restrict themselves from hiring new employees? Kind of suicidal eh?

Bohemians, hipsters, punks, no-good hippy beatniks, whatever. The terminology is honestly rather secondary to the substance.

Yes, Orwell could be an out-of-touch old fart at times. What's your point, exactly? I'll remind you that the Spanish anarcho-syndicalists, for whom he expressed nothing but admiration, ended up as being very much an example of what I'm talking about. (Their women's section was headed up by a lesbian poet, ferchrissake.)

Edit: Also, do you actually have any particular reason to believe that the "hipsters" in question are predominantly "middle-class", in what I assume is the British sense of the word, the American sense meaning "not actually poor", a far less exclusive category. It seems to me that you're approaching class a cultural genre rather than as a meaningful sociological category; presumably the same logic that allows Tories of your sort to hail obnoxious petty bourgeois like Stephen Yaxley/"Tommy Robinson" as meaningfully representative of the "white working class" because he sometimes drops his 'aitches.

Hey I thought if I beat on the Middle Class you would warm to me? :(
..and man I'm not a tory. I don't even know who Tommy Robinson is! And your the guy who sprinkles his posts with what I guess is working class Scottish slang, too what..boost your "working class" credentials. Look at me, look at me i'm working class too! You can trust me, I'm one of you!

The top 1% should show their pride and wear these tee-shirts

Just wondering, do you get a kick out of pretending to be some douchebag corporate warrior (not to imply that you are one)?

Do you think that's funny?

It's hilarious to be jobless and poor!

How about you guys walk into the Bronx, South LA or Detroit wearing that shirt. Tell me how it goes!:goodjob:

Don't go around telling me how to troll effectively. I have been banned from countless servers in my time.

It's good trolling though.

Nah, trolling generally has to be funny.

Although, if you think it's good trolling, by all means troll those that would get trolled the most. Quackers, you live in London, amirite? Why doncha go to the East End and troll all the sorry plebes!:)

Don't go around telling me how to troll effectively. I have been banned from countless servers in my time.

You need to step your game up. Any small fry can get banned from an internet server, I'm trying to show you how to get "banned" IRL.;)

When was trolling meant to be funny?
In my book trolling is about getting sadistic pleasure from poking somebody at a sensitive spot and getting a reaction. Nothing amusing about that. Of course you can get some LOLTROLLS but it's not essential to count as a troll.

Or the trolling could just be completely inappropriate and/or simply not funny at all.
This.

Who ever wears that horrendous shirt deserves to be tared and feathered by the 99%ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom