The World Turned Upside Down II

NOOO! Please, don't die, NESy! I have been waiting for a long NES in which I could really play for a lot of time! And Andalusia was really doing well under my guidance!

Hey don't worry it's EQ his NES wont die he's the best, just give him another day or two he'll have the update up and runnin. He probably had some personal issues to attend to that is occupying his atm.

Hey don't worry it's EQ his NES wont die he's the best, just give him another day or two he'll have the update up and runnin. He probably had some personal issues to attend to that is occupying his atm.

I hope so, this NES is really good and I had been making all sort of planning for my country... I just don't want to lose all that job I have been doing!!

Yeah, 'tis a shame if my plans of total carnage go to waste. On the plus side, I'll post my first terrorism orders on the Orders/Battle Plans thread for your enjoyment after this update. ;)

EQ, just focus on your real life problems for now, just remember to do the update in those little free time periods. :)

Yeah, 'tis a shame if my plans of total carnage go to waste. On the plus side, I'll post my first terrorism orders on the Orders/Battle Plans thread for your enjoyment after this update. ;)

EQ, just focus on your real life problems for now, just remember to do the update in those little free time periods. :)

Best wait until after the game's over and everybody's forgotten about you. ;)

Why the bloody hell couldn't you take another resistance? I'm going to take the hammer down on you.

As long as they aren't German monuments... Wait, you're targeting German monuments? Verdammt!

Yay! for the resistances of the world!

Boo for the monuments!!!

Then I don't know what you could attack. I took care of much of those so-called monuments in the nuke war. ;)

Well gee, thanks. I suppose.

Four days ago I recieved a letter from a graduate school I applied to. I was rejected due to a GPA which was .03 below the school's required for admittance. Last semester was one of my worst semester's I've had in school, and it alone likely cost me admittance for the fall semester in grad school. I was forced to reassess my priorities, and with this next year my life will be undergoing a plethora of changes. I'm getting married, have another semester of college, and I'll be moving somewhere new and a family of my own.

My first step to changing things around was to cancel my World of Warcraft account, a game which devoured my freetime for the past month or two, helping to kill A Brave New World. I looked at the other things which distracted me from my school work and getting good grades, and NESing was the only activity I felt I could cut.

In the past I confess to usually just vanishing whenever real life called and leaving ongoing NESes to die among confusion and chaos like above for numerous pages. This time, I'm doing something different. First of all, I'm not leaving NESing for good, simply cutting back on the consumption of my time by doing this, I will remain as a player in a select few NESes, and I have been talking with several encouraging them to launch NESes of their own. Bestshot and TLJ, get those NESes going, whether you've started them already or not!

Quite frankly, most of the time when I leave NESing, I've already lost interest in the NESes that I was moderating, and usually don't care if they die or not. For this one, I put in a lot of time and effort and it hurts like hell to imagine that it was all wasted. The problem with a ruleset like the one I've devised is the amount of time it takes to change things and so forth. I just will not have the time for this NES. Therefore, if there is someone out there does have the time and/or will to moderate this NES, please contact me and we'll sort something out.

The current ruleset is complex and detailed and takes into a variety of factories of real economics and politics. However, the essence of NESing is the player interaction, not numbers and facts. The plotting and diplomacy is what makes an NES truly fun and exciting. To work with my time constraints I will be soon returning to much simpler formats for NESes, in order to reduce the time it takes to update and to emphasize the politics of various situations.

When I do another NES at some indefinite point in the future, it will likely be a return to the simpler IC system and on a far smaller scale. Despite this, it pains me to see this die, and I hope that someone out there has the stamina to moderate this in my place. Once again, please send me a private message if you can manage it, and I'll be more than happy to assist you in setting it up. My apologies to those involved with this NES.

On a lighter note: Happy New Year!

Its ok mate RL calls and RL is well RL it keeps going when your nesing or not so best to keep it well fed and healthy.

Happy New Year.

Sorry to hear this, but if Real Life is a problem, you gotta deal with it.

Hopefully, someone will pick this up so as to allow me the satisfaction of utterly destroying Crezth. :p

I would offer to pick this up, except:

a) I'm busy with my own NES
b) I like playing rather than moderating in this case.

On a brighter note, I'll post my orderset for the first turn.

Crap... :(:( I knew this was going to happen, I didn't know it would happen so soon... :sad::sad::sad:. Like Carmen, I would offer myself to run this NES, however there are lots of points against me, the main being that I hardly have an idea of how to actually play a NES, much less being able to do the running of the game. I truly hope that someone else is able to take this NES where EQ has left it, or that EQ finds the time to come back.

Anyway, Happy New Year! (It has been 2009 for about 2 hours here in Spain as I write this message...)

P.D: EQ, we'll miss you, you really rocked as a NES-runner!

Top Bottom