The World Turned Upside Down

Chinese Empire

Chi Yuan stood over the corpse of a russian soldier. He stabbed him and ordered 2 of his men to bury the man.

"Orders from HQ. Put 2 sticks tied together in their centers above every russian killed today. There will be a photographer from America here tomarrow to see what has happened here today." he says. Noone says anything, but his men obey.

As the Russian men are being burried, General Zhou Yun goes to commander Chi Yuan. Chi Yuan's men all stand at attention, as well as Chi Yuan himself, untill the general gives the signal, then all goes about their business.

"Good, you see... These western countries pay attention to their newspapers. There are always people in every land who sees their own country as decadent. Good for us, we have such people hanged. Western countries, however, give such people more power than they should have. This is good for us. You keep following my orders, Commander Chi, you shall see that there will be victory for us."

Chi Yuan bowed to the General without saying a word, and the general dismissed him and went on to the next company, and talked with another commander.

Chi Yuan went about the rest of that day observing Russian soldiers being burried. All the Chinese men were put in a pile with a sign in Russian saying "Chinese cockroaches". The next day a photograph was shot by an american reporter for the New York Times.

These photographs showed crosses above every russian grave. Showing the Chinese as civil in this war. Then the picture was taken of the pile of chinese soldiers killed by Russians. The story was that this pile of men were found when the Chinese took back the position from the Russians. The reporter of course believed such tales, as he thought himself a man of the human rights cause, and was abruptly outraged when he seen the pile of stinking filthy boddies.

Later on the night that the reporter was at the base where Chi Yuan was stationed, he had orders to retreat to a position more strategically sound to confront the Nipponese. Him and his company did so, and waited for 3 days.

"There they are. There are the nipponese!" said one of Chi's soldiers.

"Take the bushes off of my cannon." said Chi. The soldiers took the camoflage cover off of the anti-tank cannon, and aimed it toward a tank that they seen in the enemy lines.

"Boam!" cried general Zhou Yun's lietenant, Zhang Liao, and all anti tank guns fired. Some enemy tanks burst into flames, some enemy soldiers died, and the overall effect was shock.

Chi Yuan's Nipponese wasn't fluent by any means, but he could tell that the screams of the Nipponese soldiers were not screams of pleasure.

After a second volley of anti-tank fire, Chi Yuan himself rose and yelled "Kill the robbers who rape our wives!"

His soldiers raised from their trench, with their weapons, more modern than some european countries, and charged the nipponese in front of them. His men, after 10 yards or so, stopped, knealed to one knee, and adjusted the sights on their rifles and then shot at the nipponese, dropping the enemies.

The Nipponese were in flight all the way around, and Chi Yuan's unit charged onward further. This charge continued unprotested by their enemies untill they met a line that was prepaired for this circumstance. This line opened fire on Chi's company and his men started dieing. He signalled a general retreat to his men, and they fled from the scene, to the same place where they await another Nipponese attack.

They remain vigilant against all foreign powers who seek to destroy their country. Chi Yuan's unit is just one of the thousands of others who will die rather than see their country raped. The foreign powers seeking to expand their influence within chinese borders will be saddened in the coming months, for the Chinese do not capitulate. They will survive, as they always have, and will send the invaders back to their homelands, or kill them.

OOC: Does General Zhou Yun fight with a spear like the original badass?

To Germany and Nippon
From Italy:

Turkey is a free and sovereign state which has won its independence. Whether Russia recognizes this or not is their own fault. They are not simply a rebel group as you so claim. It is a free nation-state. As for the matter of Constantinople, it may be the religious center of Eastern Orthodoxy via the patriarch and Hagia Sophia, but it is ethnically Turkish. It was the capital of the Ottoman Empire for about 400 years after all. As such it should remain in Turkish hands.

If Germany truly wishes for peace and diplomacy why does it ally itself with a nation such as Russia which does nothing but oppress all who seemingly stand in their way?

Constantinople has a sizeable Greek population which does not legitimize the Turks claim to the city. The Turks took the city in the same way the Russians took Anatolia through war. We must forget that this is a city which has changed drastically ethnically during Russian occupation. The Italians do not have updated ethnical figures on the region with a combined Russian & Greek population outnumbers the Turks. The Turks are rebels wishing to form a state which Germany does recognize but winning their independence through war will not be good. Also, while we are on the topic of oppression what about the Albanians which the Greeks brutally crushed an ally of yours? Understand the problem with Italy is that it as well does oppress people within her colonies and has no moral ground here. If we look at eachother as equals in these negiotations we can accomplish much.

We will work towards negioations and will offer Italy along with Nippon a treaty. Until then lets call a cease fire to prevent this conflict from esculating further. We also suggest a seperate conference with Dar-Al-Islam and the Palestinian territories occupied by Italy.

Since when did Germany have some sort of claim to southeast asia? What's so different with what you're doing in southeast asia and the turks and italians doing to Russia? Not a thing. There's a couple of thugs trying to sieze Russian lands without warrant just as there are a couple of thugs trying to sieze chinese, and siamese lands without warrant. What claim do the turks have to Russian lands? What claim does Germany have to southeast asia? What claim does Nippon have to Manchuria? Your war is going to cost millions of lives as well, do you not care about those lives? What is the difference in Italies war against Russia from Germany's war against the Sino alliance? There is none.

The Chinese Emperess is a mad women believing she owns the world. Her diplomatic dialogue is not of equals but of superiority. This war is to bring down a mad tyrant. Our countries will gain little land but free millions of Chinese from the oppressive regime which rules. If China sees no difference between the two wars then maybe it should look at the radically different reasons both wars were started.

To: Germany

It is not Germany's role to restrict our trade, and we are offended you make such an affront against our sovereignity. We refuse your demand.

From German Empire
To Wales and Scotland

We are not violating your sovereignity. Our nation was trying to negiotate a deal so we can end this war in the British isles as soon as possible with the least amount of damage. If you took this offer negatively we apologize and ask if there is anyway that imports of Commonwealth goods through your ports can cease.

Edit: EQ, can I get a response from Siam?

Siam's lack of response is the response.

Also, Warman does have updated figures on Constantinople, the region IS currently 80% Turkish.

And if everyone could get orders in by 9 AM Sunday EST, that would be just great. Of course that means only 24 hours, but i have 3 orders already.

We ask that our allies, the Italians, refrain from attacking Russia, as a bloodless approach is viable. At least until we find out what Russia has to say about the matter.

We say: Constantinople is was Greek, Roman/Byzantine a long time ago, but now it is mostly Turkish. Turkey is an ally, and we trust that if it regains Constantinople–Istanbul–that it will protect the Orthodox Church, its followers, and the ethnic minorities from persecution.
_____

Albania is a near-autonomous region operating under Greek protection and Turkey is part of the European League. Dar-al Islam, with its daring statements, is a threat to the peace around the Mediterranean; with Turkish allies secure we may yet reach a consensus with the militant Muslim states.

To:Germany

Opressive rule? The chinese people have no taxes! We are a free market society nowdays, and I am here only for their defense. Have you not been keeping track of chinese interior policy? This is not a regime of tyranny, but a light handed push in the right direction for China. You would push it back into the dark ages, just because the current regime is prosperous.

lurker's comment: Just say this is a crusade and be done with it, silly hypocritical western nations ;)

Also, Warman does have updated figures on Constantinople, the region IS currently 80% Turkish.

That figure seems a little high don't you think? Considering that there was always a large Greek population even today within the city. Also, I am sure Russians also immigrated into the City. Russians are not very nice to the people they conquer which probably has killed lots of Turks. I can understand a majority but that seems a little high. Just why is it so high?

That figure seems a little high don't you think? Considering that there was always a large Greek population even today within the city. Also, I am sure Russians also immigrated into the City. Russians are not very nice to the people they conquer which probably has killed lots of Turks. I can understand a majority but that seems a little high. Just why is it so high?

ooc:
Turks kicked out/killed the Russians who had lived there, scaring off some other minorities who believed they may be next. EQ told me this.

ic:
To Germany:
We will agree to a ceasefire at this time to begin negotiations about the return of Constantinople to the Turks. In regards to your comments on our colonial policies; may we remind you that with the election of the current Liberal government several years ago Italy instituted a new colonial policy which has made our colonies more autonomous, with local secular officials working with colonial officials to ensure both parties can get the most out of Italian rule. Russia's tyrannical rule is far removed from our style of colonial policy.

We will have no conference with Dar-al-Islam concerning the Levant. It is part of Italy. No one there has been subjugated, Mahometans are free to practice their faith.

Russia's claims are this: Turkey must be returned to Russia, all of it, whole and complete. No negiotiation on these terms will be had. They will regain their status as semi-autonomous under Enver Pasha's rule and Ataturk will be placed in custody.

To World
From Eire:

It is to be known that in any coming conflict Eire will stand by her allies Italy and the UCS in our European Alliance as we hope all who are a part of it will. Though we by no means wish for war if it comes to that Eire will fight beside its allies.

To UCS
cc World
From Boer Republic

We stated after the conflicts across the world were made public that we wanted the Cape to be turned over to our control so that your enemies would not follow your troops to Africa. We are dispatching soldiers to peacefully aprehend the cape territory as we have recieved no response please do not take this as an act of agression it is meerly a safety concern for the African people.

To: Boer Republic

Our soldiers will await your arrival. If you attack, we will defend ourselves.

Any idea when next update will be started?

well i didn't get enough orders, your's included Amon. Send orders and the update will most likely be Thursday again. So let's just say 9 AM Thursday EST is deadline this time.

...well, let me clean up my orders and elaborate a bit on some things. I'll resend them for the new deadline.

I need a response and then I will send orders

Russia's claims are this: Turkey must be returned to Russia, all of it, whole and complete. No negiotiation on these terms will be had. They will regain their status as semi-autonomous under Enver Pasha's rule and Ataturk will be placed in custody.

To Germany
From Italy:

Could you speak sense into your ally? We have agreed to a temporary ceasefire to discuss the situation, but it seems like Russia wishes for no negotiations and thusly no ceasefire.

Top Bottom