Theater of War

Question:
1) Is it against some rules of THIS game not to declare?
I purposely left rules of engagement out of the rule set. Basically there is no rules in war, only how
you and your ally perceive what is happening.

Question is War Happiness. If you strike, I will get it.
If not - I can move interior...
War weariness would occur as it would in a standard game.

The close proximity of allies and then (potential) enemies will create many possibilities. Information about another could potentially turn the tide of any situation.

We now know......

@Eclipse: I.Larkin is talking about war HAPPYNESS. And although he is the aggressor, he forces Cyc into declaring to get the war happyness.

It's not very nice, but the game mechanics allow this.

WAr happiness occurs when a civ declares war on you.
You got some turn (how many ?) during withch your citizens are more happy than usual.

About war weariness, i doubt it occurs now as republic hasn't been adopted yet.

GPS to both.
Declare to both.
Should I put details here on in e-mail only?

GPS to both.
Declare to both.
Should I put details here on in e-mail only?

If you attack (or are attacked IBT) you need to post the Battle Log with your GPS. Only post current actions with your current GPS. The details of any actions should always be posted with the current GPS.

In regards to reports on attcks please refer to post #1 in the "spoiler"

I wanted reports to be secret to all but who are directly involved. This in my thoughts were to help protect you as an Empire. If we knew you were invading, invaded, winning or loosing others could use this informtion to hit were they might not have.

Is this agreeable to everyone? I'm ok if if everyone disagrees and wants what is a standard anywhere else.

Eclipse, can you expand on the final report mentioned?

Yes thanks, here's an example;

When (?) attacks you, he will send you an email with the same details you would normally see included with a GPS. (not declared publicly)
He should update HIS ally but not necessarily the defender's ally. Essentially you are allies and the defender should (?)forward the email.
(edit);The aggressor is responsible to inform who he attacked, it is the defenders job to keep his ally up to date.

The Defender in this case should be in communication with his ally to repress this enemy, this is not commonly posted nor should it be here.

On the Defenders turn, he counter attacks, he must send an email to the defender and if you are coordinating this with YOUR ally to him too.

So those that have a need to know the situation gets it directly and those not involved are none the wise. If all actions were to be posted here dog piles would/could occur. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to know I'm vulnerable.:)

My original intention was to play a fast and furious fighting game, those that play towards wonder building or progress into an uber economy are risking invasion. If you choose to play as an empire builder and you succeed than you would be a powerful Empire, but anything could happen, it is up to you and your ally to work together, hopefully closer together here than in any other game.

Play on the strengths of your ally and compensate for his weakness, play as one, take the time to stratigise. A well coordinated alliance is certainly more powerful than one who thinks he can do it on his own.

In a small way this is simular to a Democracy game, knowone here is perfect, you might be very good, even great, but reflect on actual History and those that felt they could take on the world themselves were mistaken.

Play on the strengths of your ally and compensate for his weakness, play as one, take the time to stratigise. A well coordinated alliance is certainly more powerful than one who thinks he can do it on his own.

In a small way this is simular to a Democracy game, knowone here is perfect, you might be very good, even great, but reflect on actual History and those that felt they could take on the world themselves were mistaken.

Somehow I have the impression that is a hint for me :blush:

Ah, well in that case, my apologies, I. Larkin, for exposing you at your weakest moment. I should have re-read the rules before posting. No need to post Battle Logs here.

Eclipse, I like your idea of keeping battle-logs non-public.
As a matter of fact: what had been the original purpose of the battle logs? To give you those details that you would see in a normal single-player game, but which for some reason the PBEM game doesn't show you. So in a single-player game, when two AIs fight, you don't see their battles either (unless you have an observing unit close by).

(Might be even a good idea to use this procedure for future PBEMs?!)

Lanzelot

@Calis, no it was not directed towards you, it was for all.
@Lanzelot, not sure exactly but it has always been done. I enjoy writing them!

Next, we must engage our missing players, playing as/for your ally is losing the possible richness of working as a team. There is little loss of strategy controlling both sides. I am not meaning anything bad about this. I have seen many times "Dogpile the Leader".

Last, "Alliance" here is locked, a "Mutual Protection" should be honored, therefore when civ "A" declares war on civ "C", civ "C's" ally should also declare war on "A". At this point it becomes 1 vs a pair of allies, but then becomes 2 vs 2 when he counter attacks.
Example; if an aggressor is dominating his enemy giving him no chance to attack, he might want his ally to stay Home. But is only a small chance of this. If the defender attacks it is normal MPP vs MPP.

We are only a few turns away from each other and with this any number of strategies could be deployed.

I will add these notes and any you have to Post #1

Knutis and I have not yet met in the game, so he will not be able to declare war on the French, even when I attack I. Larkin.

Knutis and I have not yet met in the game, so he will not be able to declare war on the French, even when I attack I. Larkin.

Hmm I didn't think of that, If both I. Larkin was an AI under the same circumstance would the AI equivilant of Knutis declare war?

It looks like I am making a simple thing more difficult than it needs to be, i looked up locked alliance and MPP and this is what I hope for, nothing more. :)

Top Bottom