1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This IS a Conservative C2C MP game Thunderbrd! :p

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by JosEPh_II, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

I wasn't talking about the cultures you build, I was referring to the base culture. When I conquered Joseph's ex-capital there it gave me access to North American base culture, as I was the Goths (with European Culture as base culture). Just after that, a building, which you can only build with North American base culture, was available to me in every city I had.

Say a leader has some traits that combine with builds that only certain base culture can build, and one of us knows that and it can be exploitable. This would be an advantage to this player. I'm not aware of any because this mod is new to me, but I wouldn't like to feel in disadvantage because of something like that. I'll believe if everyone says they don't know any ocurrence of such a combo, and then I'll be in favor of choosing leaders.

That's my plan if we do choose leaders ;)

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There's a few leaders that have more traits than they should I think. Those should be out of consideration if we are to find one I would hope.

3. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

That's a good example. Thanks Tbrd, it's not the same situation, but falls in the same category.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

So far (and I'll double check) with the No Negative Trait Option On, all Leaders only have 2 traits. If I find one with more than 2 with this Option I tell which one(s) it/they is/are.

Dom Pedro as a leader is a smart choice. If we were using random and you got him that would be a nice plus. And no matter the scenario and options used just starting place alone can be a big advantage, neutral, or disadvantage. My Map choice should help in that regard. And it is, after all, all about getting the upper hand in the long run.

JosEPh

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Bad news Magnus, StrategyOnly took the Pirates out. No Henry Morgan available in v37.

And I also went thru the whole Leader List. With No Negative Trait On ever leader has but 2 traits.

JosEPh

6. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

As far as I know, there are no buildings that only require a base culture to be built. Thus the city that you had captured must have also had a Culture Wonder in it, and that unlocked a new building.

Well, that was rude of him. Any idea why the Pirates were removed? I guess I'll have to select a different one.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We COULD get it back with Sparth's additional cultures modmod, which we already use an older version of in the games we're currently playing. But there could be some bugs introduced if we use that.

8. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of Civilizations were removed from the new version. Guess I should have looked at it in the first place, rather than the older version. No worries, I'll use Elizabeth of the English instead. Best to avoid adding unnecessary bugs.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

10. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

If this is choosing time I'll stick with Dom Pedro II of Brazil

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Taking Notes. Will post my selection in a bit.

JosEPh

12. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

This in the Massive MP version

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Do you all want the Barbs to be a serious early threat? If so, then Barb World and Barb Generals Options would need to be added. Neanderthals will be there in Preh Era as well. They are also very different than they were in v36. Much has changed with v37 vs all previous versions.

Also what difficulty level. Something to note for those that have not played v37 yet, All Difficulty levels above Noble are a step to a step and half harder than v36 Diff Lvls. I was thinking Emperor or Immortal. Need a consensus please.

@Koshling,
    Any preferred Leader?

@At All,
    I would suggest you start a game set up with No Neg traits checked and see how your Leaders are listed for their respective traits. If you have not done so already. Don't think it will change anybodies choice so far but it could.

EDIT: Roosevelt for Leader.

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  14. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Well, that is a building that I was not aware of offhand. I am now. Point conceded.

I would not prefer the barbs to be a serious early threat. Perhaps activate Barb Generals, but not Barb World.

I did look at the Traits in the Sevopedia for v37, but actually starting a game with that leader might be a good idea. I did notice that many Traits have changed slightly between v36 and v37 as well.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Was looking at my favorite leader list and noticed one combo that I don't think exists with any of the Leaders now in v37. This is something I need to discuss with T-brd for the Main mod.

T-brd's pick is right up his alley. I expect koshling's to be somewhat similar.

No word from Vokarya yet either.

JosEPh

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There were a few I noticed were missing and some were doubled up.

I figure after we get the new trait structure in place as an option and tested to the point that it can become core potentially, then we would do well to include enough leaders to try to get a combo of each type (though that could mean we need every additional leader and civ from Sparth's set included in the core. And still may come up short!)

lol... yep! But it was also selected based on options you have going. I may have gone for Aggressive/Charismatic if I didn't feel so many factors were going to make launching invasions so difficult (even with a promotion edge.) that's going to have to be tackled in another manner I think.

I would have chosen Mansa Musa but African cultures are a bit weak imo. And Hitler was an attractive option. What I really wanted I couldn't find, which would've been Sci/Cha. I figured that would've captured the best combination for this game.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I was looking for Phil/Indus myself. But settled on old true blue Roosevelt.

Some of SO's last Civ/Leader changes I'm getting tired of already. Would like to see some of what I consider "fringe" get trimmed. But that's another conversation for another time and place.

Another item I want to bring up is for the Map. Most ppl pick Temperate, but for this game I would like the current set of players to think about Tropical vs Arid instead of Temperate.

JosEPh

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If we are picking leaders then I will need to research it. To do that I need to install whatever version we'll play, so can we pin this down and get the the SVN for it sorted out so that the assets are there for this game. I'll need a day or so research it once the mod is fixed and I have it installed. Hadn't realized we'd be choosing so no pre-research done...

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Version should be close to the current SVN.

And be sure to set up a game with No negative traits On. Then you can study the available leaders from the set up screen.

JosEPh

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm going to be putting the fileset on the MP SVN here by the end of the weekend.