Tides of Crimson (FANTASY MOD)

it only says "mb" ?
there is no file location or anything like that?
because i have no idea what "mb" means either =(

sorry for the suuuuper late reply. the only thing i can recommend is a re-install of Tides of Crimson. this is the first time i've ever come across anyone with a problem like yours. =(

Hey haluu,started playing tides of crimson today and ive fallen in love with it,but ive had a few crashes here and there,so I downloaded the attachment.php patch and I don't know how to apply it xD.Looked online for some help but im having trouble figuring this out,any help would be awesome ;D

i assume that you are talking about the version 0.63 patch?

after downloading the patch....

place the "Tides of Crimson" folder and .BIQ file (from the patch) into this directory:

Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios

When prompted to overwrite, select yes for all.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your interest in the game. i hope to have version 1.0 out by later this month. =)

Hey Haluu --

I'd love to help with your mod if there's any way I can. I have some ideas for it, if you're interested.

well version 1.0 is pretty much finished. so i don't think i'll be changing it much. i just have to polish a few things up and then i'll release it to the public.

but if you have any good ideas i'd love to hear them! i might even implement some of your ideas into a subsequent version like v1.1. =)

i assume that you are talking about the version 0.63 patch?

after downloading the patch....

place the "Tides of Crimson" folder and .BIQ file (from the patch) into this directory:

Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios

When prompted to overwrite, select yes for all.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your interest in the game. i hope to have version 1.0 out by later this month. =)

Yes the Version 0.63 patch,ive downloaded it and its saved as a .php file type,perhaps I downloaded the wrong one or is there something else I must do to open it?>.<

Ok,i was able to fix my problem,i reset all my internet security options in internet options(windows explorer)back to default and was able to download it as a rar file.I love this mod,ive been playing it nonstop since I found it,cant wait for 1.0 ;D.

i'm so glad to hear you got your problem fixed! =) version 1.0 will be out by the end of this month!

Yes,but now another problem xD.Playing a game as the beastmen ,turn 293 and I get this "Missing entry in"Scenarios\Tides of Crimson\text\Pedialcons.txt":Animname_PRTO_Hells_dragon the game will now exit.

Yes,but now another problem xD.Playing a game as the beastmen ,turn 293 and I get this "Missing entry in"Scenarios\Tides of Crimson\text\Pedialcons.txt":Animname_PRTO_Hells_dragon the game will now exit.

that's very strange, but it's fixed in the next version. it looks to me like that it might simply be a capitalization issue. if you go to the pediaicons.txt in your Tides of Crimson folder, maybe try changing 'Animname_PRTO_Hells_dragon' to 'Animname_PRTO_Hells_Dragon'?
i'm not sure but it may be worth a shot.

Ok,i found the problem,Animname_PROTO_Hells_Dragon was missing an underscore between Hells and dragon and Animname Meglodon was Megolodin xD.

Also,not sure if this is a bug or not,but in some games when I adjust the science slider in the domestic adviser screen to 0% science it pushes it back up to 30% after every turn.It seems it only does it though when you put it below 30%.This isn't really a big issue for me,just kinda annoying xD.I can live with it though cause everything else in the game is so awesome ;D.

good to hear you've fixed that! yah i'm guessing the science slider gets pushed back up to 30 to keep the player advancing technologically. that's probably a hard-coded civ 3 feature and not a mod-specific bug. =)

Also,not sure if this is a bug or not,but in some games when I adjust the science slider in the domestic adviser screen to 0% science it pushes it back up to 30% after every turn.It seems it only does it though when you put it below 30%.This isn't really a big issue for me,just kinda annoying xD.I can live with it though cause everything else in the game is so awesome ;D.

What government did you have at the time? The government rate cap affects what you can and cannot spend on research. IIRC, a rate cap of 7 (70%) means that neither the science nor luxury sliders can be above 70%. Also, the two together must add up to at least 70%, or the tax will also end up higher than 70%. Hence, the advisor will reset the science slider to the minimal level so that none of the three are above that 70% threshold, which would be 30%.

I have finally released version 1.0 folks! click on my signature for more information and to download this new version! enjoy! =)

Top Bottom