1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tides of Crimson (FANTASY MOD)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by haluu, Nov 19, 2010.

1. haluu

haluu Confused Troglodyte

it only says "mb" ?
    there is no file location or anything like that?
    because i have no idea what "mb" means either =(

2. probmfixn

probmfixn Chieftain

i'd probably be able to fix it if it said more. what should i do?

3. haluu

sorry for the suuuuper late reply. the only thing i can recommend is a re-install of Tides of Crimson. this is the first time i've ever come across anyone with a problem like yours. =(

4. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Hey haluu,started playing tides of crimson today and ive fallen in love with it,but ive had a few crashes here and there,so I downloaded the attachment.php patch and I don't know how to apply it xD.Looked online for some help but im having trouble figuring this out,any help would be awesome ;D

5. haluu

i assume that you are talking about the version 0.63 patch?

after downloading the patch....

place the "Tides of Crimson" folder and .BIQ file (from the patch) into this directory:

Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios

When prompted to overwrite, select yes for all.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your interest in the game. i hope to have version 1.0 out by later this month. =)

6. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

Hey Haluu --

I'd love to help with your mod if there's any way I can. I have some ideas for it, if you're interested.

7. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

I have a lot of ideas, actually, and I've been experimenting with modding it some myself too :)

8. haluu

well version 1.0 is pretty much finished. so i don't think i'll be changing it much. i just have to polish a few things up and then i'll release it to the public.

but if you have any good ideas i'd love to hear them! i might even implement some of your ideas into a subsequent version like v1.1. =)

9. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Yes the Version 0.63 patch,ive downloaded it and its saved as a .php file type,perhaps I downloaded the wrong one or is there something else I must do to open it?>.<

10. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Ok,i was able to fix my problem,i reset all my internet security options in internet options(windows explorer)back to default and was able to download it as a rar file.I love this mod,ive been playing it nonstop since I found it,cant wait for 1.0 ;D.

11. haluu

i'm so glad to hear you got your problem fixed! =) version 1.0 will be out by the end of this month!

12. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Yes,but now another problem xD.Playing a game as the beastmen ,turn 293 and I get this "Missing entry in"Scenarios\Tides of Crimson\text\Pedialcons.txt":Animname_PRTO_Hells_dragon the game will now exit.

13. haluu

that's very strange, but it's fixed in the next version. it looks to me like that it might simply be a capitalization issue. if you go to the pediaicons.txt in your Tides of Crimson folder, maybe try changing 'Animname_PRTO_Hells_dragon' to 'Animname_PRTO_Hells_Dragon'?
    i'm not sure but it may be worth a shot.

14. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Ok,ill give it a shot.

15. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Ok,i found the problem,Animname_PROTO_Hells_Dragon was missing an underscore between Hells and dragon and Animname Meglodon was Megolodin xD.

Also,not sure if this is a bug or not,but in some games when I adjust the science slider in the domestic adviser screen to 0% science it pushes it back up to 30% after every turn.It seems it only does it though when you put it below 30%.This isn't really a big issue for me,just kinda annoying xD.I can live with it though cause everything else in the game is so awesome ;D.

16. haluu

good to hear you've fixed that! yah i'm guessing the science slider gets pushed back up to 30 to keep the player advancing technologically. that's probably a hard-coded civ 3 feature and not a mod-specific bug. =)

17. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

ah,gotcha.;)

18. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

What government did you have at the time? The government rate cap affects what you can and cannot spend on research. IIRC, a rate cap of 7 (70%) means that neither the science nor luxury sliders can be above 70%. Also, the two together must add up to at least 70%, or the tax will also end up higher than 70%. Hence, the advisor will reset the science slider to the minimal level so that none of the three are above that 70% threshold, which would be 30%.

19. haluu

I have finally released version 1.0 folks! click on my signature for more information and to download this new version! enjoy! =)

20. Cotten

Cotten Chieftain

Yea my lux tax was at 0% xD,thats probly it.