1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Timelines, Dates and Eras

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Praetyre, Jan 20, 2012.

1. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

In my experience when fiddling around with the BBAI iTech one it does make a difference if set to VERY high, otherwise it's a negligible difference.

Cheers

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I believe i said the opposite, its to slow, not fast.:crazyeye:

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Well, I've noticed myself that it gets a bit too fast in the Classical Era, although I agree with you that Prehistoric is a bit slow, but just a bit. I saw AIAndy's earlier response, and now have no idea how to modify tech costs by era, except to go through individually.

I committed a 'band-aid' fix that just increases research generally, but I would hope that Koshling or AIAndy could make the BBAI techcost tag work, and then modify things that way. Would you like for that to happen before V22, or can it wait until after?

4. strategyonly

As AIAndy has requested, it will be coming out RIGHT after Tuesday.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I agree, and if anything writing and alphabet both should be earlier. And don't tie writing to Polytheism please. The religion giving techs are already way too bunched and this would only make it worse.

@SO or Hydro,
    The link you guys have for the tech tree uses a form (google docs?) that I can't use with Excel, notepad or wordpad. Is there a working copy in any of those 3 forms? And if so could it be posted? Thanks.

JosEPh

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Can't you just copy and paste it?

Note its in google doc form so it can easily be accessed to those that do not have excel. Also its always up to date because its online.

7. strategyonly

It might be that you have too much Security stuff working, but you really dont need that, as much anymore, its not like the hacker is coming for "YOU" and he only wants your ONE folder, just doesnt make sense anymore, they target corporations mainly.

8. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Except hackers in training, or practicing. Though it's a lot more likely that you'll get something via email than a hacker actually targeting a personal computer.

Cheers

9. strategyonly

Nah, even hackers in training will only do it to other hackers back and forth, its too easy for them to get caught nowadays, and the time for the crime just doesnt pay.:deal:

10. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Well, crime doesn't pay, right, except in C2C. *wink*

Cheers

11. strategyonly

ahahahaha, hey Hydro i think thats a "swipe" at you.:lol:

12. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Could be true though. Set a city with as many -crime as possible and build one or two medium crime high gold yield buildings and, voila, crime pays off. At least if it's enough to avoid getting too many -gold crime buildings.

Maybe, maybe not. The main importance from crime buildings would be the additional units it allows.

Cheers

13. strategyonly

Here here:thumbsup:

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I was try to use Save As and that just gave a garbled mess.

I just copied and then pasted to an excel worksheet. I seem to have most of it. But the dependencies are not there. Where can I find the preqs and And/Or pathing? Will I just have to do it by hand by studying the Techtree in game?

JosEPh

15. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I made this tree. It's actually a CSV, so you could change the extension to open it in Excel (or probably just open it with Excel manually).
    One of the reasons for me to make this is to look for redundant prerequisites in the tech tree. For example:
    • Armor Crafting is a prerequisite for Armored Cavalry.
    • Armored Cavalry is a prerequisite for Chivalry.
    • Armor Crafting is ALSO a prerequisite for Chivalry.
    • But if you need to have researched Armor Crafting already for Armored Cavalry, why is Armor Crafting a prerequisite for Chivalry? Is there something going on that I'm not understanding?

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thanks Vokarya.

JosEPh

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Probably just a redundant mistake. As far as I can tell those techs were set up in RoM/AND and not tweaked by C2C. But I could be wrong.

18. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I counted the Prehistoric-Ancient-Classical-Medieval eras and I found 48 technologies that have redundant prerequisites. I will admit, some of them are not easy to spot. One redundant path is 11 technologies long.

19. strategyonly

Pls post them.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Be careful, some people like me turn options off that include technologies so what you think is redundant may not be. I play with Advance Economy off, which means that a number of techs, like Insurance, are not in my tech tree. I must try it some time.