Tribal Council Faction

1) Well, I've put some stuff about our platform in the private faction subforum area.
2) However, in the interest of getting our platform finalized, and since I have greater access to the site than others during the day, PM me a nominee for our chief. FYI, I'm nominating DaveShack for the following reason: (but feel free to nominate whomever you wish via PM) Even though he has less time than some of us to be on these forums, he has the respect at least of other influencial members of the demogame, and understands how people like Provolution, Strider, Ice2k4, and other members from previous demogames, think.
3) PM me your top two picks from the following list for our leaderhead:
Huyana Capac (FIN/IND), Pericles (PHI/CRE), Pacal (FIN/SPI), or Alexander (PHI/AGG), Sitting Bull (PHI/PRO), Shaka (AGG/EXP), Augustus Caesar (IND/IMP), and Darius I (FIN/ORG)

Still looking for PM inputs concerning the platform or posted comments, too. Need to have platform nailed down by tomorrow.

The main function of the faction subforums was simply an organization function -- it would be a lot to ask thunderfall to keep making and deleting Faction subforums in the event the faction was large and needed a lot of threads to discuss their internal workings. The idea to make them private for metagame discussion was introduced by others. Mine were going to be at least read only to other members.

Remind me again which faction platform is the current version?

As for the position of Chief, I'm certainly able and willing but I'm not sure that choosing me is the right direction to go. The game is oriented towards role play, or at least that's what we're aiming for, and I am far from the best at that aspect of the game. In fact, I may not be far from the worst. Also my RL tends to get extremely intense, often without warning, though you can always role play that with some interesting dialogue about the Chief being missing who's in charge, etc.

Dave, so far, out of 4 PMs I've recieved, you are the leading candidate for Chief. Here is the latest version.

We still need to decide on a leader head:
Huayna Capac is leading the nomination process for our leader head, but there is also strong pulling for Augustus Ceasar and Darius I (these are the only leaders with more than one vote.

As for positions, it seems wise to combine Axe and Falcon under the Falcon position, and put Axe and Oracle in reserve. For now, Shaman would be in charge of tech, religion and culture, Falcon would be in charge of military and exploration, and Hammer in charge of domestic issues.

The rest seems to be ok with every one of the 5 PMs I've recieved. There is some significant call for clarification regarding the designated player.

Those are the items that need to be cleared up ASAP.

I just registered myself in the croxis site (thanks methos for your help).
I got immediately the automatic answer and now I'm waiting croxis allows me,please.
BTW, I also vote on DaveShack for Chief.
Best regards,

Well since DS has already been nominated and in fact would make a great chief, I'll also throw my support in for kwarriorpoet. As Ravensfire has stated, kwarriorpoet has really shown his enthusiasm and willingness to help keep the game moving.

For leaders my vote would be random. I don't really care who we play.

Well since DS has already been nominated and in fact would make a great chief, I'll also throw my support in for kwarriorpoet. As Ravensfire has stated, kwarriorpoet has really shown his enthusiasm and willingness to help keep the game moving.

For leaders my vote would be random. I don't really care who we play.

So far, by my count, that's 4 for DS, and 2 votes for me. I will serve whomever and however I am needed.

PM sent -- what's the updated count?

Given we're not getting much traffic in the private forum, maybe we should just go open and do it here? Don't just dive in though, see if anyone (yourself included) thinks we need a little more polish first. :)

DS, et. all, we have a tie now between myself and DS for chief at 4 to 4. I don't think I've heard from CivGeneral, lord_joakim, mrief, georgeop, goodgame, and irondrum.

I am now working on including some more updates based on excellent inputs for our platform. I will post again soon.

As for leaderhead, Huayna Capac is now solidly in the lead. Any serious concerns with Huayna?

Updated platform coming soon this afternoon.

Huayna works for me. Got the PM - I'll try to reply this evening.

-- Ravensfire

Not too shabby!

Comment 1: Role playing, not Roll playing. The second is generally considered to be a Bad Thing(tm).

Comment 2: More detail in the game play section than I'd like, but that's just me - no worries.

Comment 3: Put Research last - while we must focus on it, the other goals are more important at first.

-- Ravensfire

Just sent a reply to Pm didn't realise we were voting for leaderheads :blush:

Huayna is not a bad choice at all.

Comment 2: More detail in the game play section than I'd like, but that's just me - no worries.
That's my doing, hoping to sway a few voters with a couple of the features. It is much more verbose than I would have used, but does pretty much say the same thing as suggested.

Election Platform
Tribal Council Faction
In the Beginning…

Leader head
Huayna Capac (IND/FIN)

Game Goals
Research
  • This will largely depend on our strategic position. Factors such as our civilization’s starting technologies, nearby resources, terrain, and proximity to other civilizations will have a major impact.
  • However, our over arching desire is to try and secure one of the three early religions, while also getting bronze working, pottery, and agriculture early on.

Domestic
  • Our current Domestic strategy is to optomize the strategic situation once it is made known to us.
  • Our faction will focus on growing our industrial, economic, and technological might while maintaining flexibility to handle our strategic situation.

Exploration
  • Explore as much of the initial landmass as possible.
  • Find new sites for additional cities, preferably within reach of resources.
  • Find new civilizations, to assess our strategic position.

Strength
  • The best way to win civilization is to be strong enough to control your own destiny. We will strive to make our civilization the most revered civilization in the world.

Start an Ancient Wonder
  • The choice of wonder will depend on our strategic position in the world.

Flexible diplomacy
  • Always start on peaceful terms, and then allow necessity to dictate future posture towards other civilizations.

Faction Description
The Tribal council faction is lead by a council of equals with the Chief at its head.

The Chief is chosen by the members of our faction, and represents the wisest voice among us.
  • In general, the Chief presides over the council, and consults with them, recognizing their position of respect within the faction, but his voice is a command to the rest of the tribe and the members of the council.
  • The Chief has final authority in all matters, but only a foolish chief ignores the advice of his council.
  • Chiefs are chosen by the tribe, and may either step aside voluntarily or be pushed aside by a unanimous council vote. An election can also be held at the beginning of every new election cycle should the tribe wish to do so. (Needs to be discussed!!!)

The council is seated by individuals, who have demonstrated their superior quality in the position charged to them by the Chief.
  • These individuals will be chosen based on merit demonstrated through their deeds and their words, and serve at the will of the Chief.
  • Council decisions are passed by a simple majority, however, the Chief always has the power to override the council.
  • A seated council member cannot be removed from the council during a moot (meeting) concerning confidence in the Chief.

Current Council positions:
  • CHIEF
  • Seat of the Hammer (Domestic Affairs, workers, infrastructure, cities)
  • (Future Seat) Seat of the Axe (Military Affairs)
  • (Future Seat) Seat of the Oracle (Research)
  • Seat of the Shaman (Research, Religion, and Culture)
  • Seat of the Falcon (Military, Exploration, Foreign Affairs)

Delegation of authority
Each council member has the right to delegate their function temporarily to another member.​

Game Play
Will occur during open chat with Civnation when possible, and to encourage roll-playing of significant events. In order to streamline this roll-playing experience, the Chief will disignate a player, who may be in faction or non-aligned, based on consent of the faction. This would also require a designated surrogate who does not have to be a faction member. The Council will present their plans at the beginning of the chat. The members of the faction, who do not have a seat on the council are still free to make statements in the chat, and we’d urge roll-playing reactions, especially for enhancing the fun of the experience.

Additionally, we’ll allow citizens to “inhabit” cities and to “move” to other cities. Moves would be done before and during game play, but only one move allowed per session. This is just for roll-playing aesthetics. However, this could be a great way to run local politics to try to persuade a council member to get a certain building or unit or improvement accomplished.

Sessions will typically run fluidly until one of the following happens (the list is just an example, and just a pause for RP reasons, but depending on what happens, could result in a true stop for discussions), but be no more than 10 turns long, with a 2-5 day break. The expectation is to complete 50 turns.

• Finding a new kind of resource
  • Meeting a new people
  • Animal sightings or attacks
  • Coastline found, if that is novel
  • Tech finishes
  • Build finishes

Land Usage
Land is granted by the will of the Chief to his most honorable and deserving subjects/tribe members.​
Land may be passed on to another tribe member.​
Land may be taken away by the Chief.​
What roll land usage will play, other than a signifier of honor within the tribe/faction, in the future, has yet to be determined.​

Guiding Principles
  • Mutual respect between faction members.
  • Open discussions
  • Chief consults with the council but has the final say
  • Only a wise and noble Chief will hold power over the council, and only the worthy may sit at the council.
  • RP encouraged but not a requirement

The above was posted as our final election platform for the prime faction election! Thank you all for the great work and comments to help get this platform completed! We appear to be the first. Best of luck to us all.

We need to identify the top 3 (or more) posts and who will hold them.

Those willing to serve in the seats of the Hammer, Falcon, and Shaman should post their interest. In the faction's spirit of openness, independent citizens are also encouraged to apply, as they will be considered.

Just to clarify, who's the chief? :)

Top Bottom