Trump Serves McDonald's food at White House

Gori the Grey

The Poster
I used to think the first of these pictures would become the iconic photograph representing the Trump presidency:

pair.jpg

Now I think it might be this one:

new.jpg

By the way, the indictment allows me finally to satisfy myself regarding a question I had formed. I had two theories about when Trump might have spirited away these documents: 1) that he did it all through his presidency, or 2) that he started doing it when it felt to him like he was going to lose the election, i.e. around June of 2020, say. It turns out it's the former. Some are dated as early as 2017, several through 2018. He was just all through his presidency stashing away top secret documents.

Last edited:
The first photograph is still very much the defining depiction of Donald Trump's stint. A stooge in all senses.

The first photograph is still very much the defining depiction of Donald Trump's stint. A stooge in all senses.
It's still a **** move mocking people's food.

It was a dinner for some college basketball champs. Besides, if it was President John Kasich all those burgers would have had a bite out of them.

Yeah people can get really pissed. One time at the airport I told my gf that chic fila isn't healthy, she didn't appreciate it
It's about a 60 minute drive(each way) to get one of those chicken sandwiches. They're unreasonably high up on the "uncommon treat" list. Kiddo likes Steak n Shake, too. McDonalds was sort of a "mom treat" for him. I don't really go there anymore now unless I'm driving and want a coffee.

Either way, Culver's is a better option, and they seem to actively hire the neurodiverse, which has made a dramatic quality of life difference in one woman I know.

Last edited:
It's still a **** move mocking people's food.
I know, Trump using food to make a statement and mock everyone was a **** move.

Amazingly enough, that's not how that comes off. We're entirely more basic ***** than that. We know, heard it all pretty constantly. Campbell's Soup, too. Somebody should save us with legislation.

Yeah people can get really pissed. One time at the airport I told my gf that chic fila isn't healthy, she didn't appreciate it

Chick-fil-a is also kinda homophobic

prosecuting every single Republican in the United States!

god i wish

Chick-fil-a is also kinda homophobic
So is Pence. But if a Democrat had gotten the first protections of gay people enshrined in Indiana state law, they wouldn't be. So I don't really trust in this narrative at all.

So is Pence. But if a Democrat had gotten the first protections of gay people enshrined in Indiana state law, they wouldn't be. So I don't really trust in this narrative at all.

My guy their founders get in trouble all the time for donating to homophobic hate groups

Also, <citation needed> on Pence

Ve vud capture un agent und pump,
Seeft tru deeseenfo crafted to stump.
Dat vas back in dee day,
Now dere's easier vay:
Just go rummage vere Trump takes heez dump.

Ve place camera inside chandelier.
Da! Da! DA! dee location vas clear.
No! no glitch vith transmitter!
Da! Da! DA! "in the s**tter."
Look, you just have to trust in me, here.

Last edited:
Amazingly enough, that's not how that comes off. We're entirely more basic ***** than that. We know, heard it all pretty constantly. Campbell's Soup, too. Somebody should save us with legislation.
Well, we have different cultural POVs.

For example, over there in the U.S. of A. McDonald's seems to be the poor man's food (and certainly with poor man's wages) while here it is not exactly a luxury but certainly above average prices - your trash is marketed as luxury for us.
Of course, this is from the POV of someone who's not a Unitedstatesian.

There's also the marked contrast between having a black First Lady promoting a healthier lifestyle and food sources for children being replaced by a white dude who's made a fortune out of racism (inculding selectively evicting black people from their homes to cash in) as well as a political career (‘Obama was born in Kenya’) and showing off with junk food.

And the man's being a corporate shill.

Also there's the great symbology of a man who is all about hollow branding and corporations who happily will do anything that allows him to spite anything and everything that other people stand for just for the value of making fun of them.

Don't try to shame me for ‘dissing the man's food’ when the entire stunt was just like the rest of his presidency. Crass and insulting at so many levels all together.

Its less about the food and more about the man and the setting. It's the Republican POTUS posing as Ronald McDonald, a literal clown, under a painting of a pensive Abraham Lincoln, the undisputed greatest Republican POTUS.

The image is an iconic snapshot symbolizing a sliver of what was wrong with Trump. "Making fun of food" isn't nearly the point.

It never is, when it's not your food. It's about the people who eat it. When you're you.

People really shouldn't eat that garbage tho.

I understand it's subsidized and food deserts are a thing but if junk food is part of your identity you should work on that, it's pretty sad and you're a chump (similar to if smoking and drinking are part of your Identity)

Note : I'm not saying this in a holier than thou way, I've had addictive tendencies towards food for decades but for many people if "I should eat better" isn't energizing enough "I shouldn't give money to organizations that our profiting off of harming me" might be more so. It should be a point of pride to not support companies that abuse you and your community.

Last edited:
If you're going to get one trip to the White House in your life you maybe don't want to be served what you eat in an ordinary day--and a necessarily sub-standard version of that food to boot (fast food loses its appeal very quickly as it cools). From all of the glitzy serving dishes in the shot, Trump seems to realize that ordinary citizens making a trip to the White House want that to feel an exalted, not an everyday, experience. So it's the incongruity between the glitz of the accoutrements and the ordinariness of the food that's part of what makes the scene quintessentially Trump. But then further, the way he's mugging for the shot-as though he is offering something special. That's Trump in a nutshell: giving people crap, and telling them that because it has his name on it, they should think of it as special. Then too, there is the composition of the shot. The man who always wants to be thought (and imaged as) a big man looks small within the shot: dwarfed by fast food of all things. So the shot displays his actual worth, like when the curtain is pulled off from the Wizard of Oz. Add to that what Sommer has mentioned: that Trump is unconscious that behind him there is an image of a president looking presidential, and he doesn't realize that that intensifies that he's a president looking clownish--Ronald McDonald-level clownish. That adds to the picture's meaning Trump's utter cluelessness. He's alone. Instead of showing him milling about with the Tigers, he's chosen to be pictured there all by himself, before they arrive. You want the fact that he chose ordinary people's food to testify to the fact that he's a "man of the people," Farm Boy. But he in fact hates other people, and the image conveys as much. Nobody here is making fun of fast food, or the people who eat fast food, Farm Boy. Trump unwittingly reveals lots of things about himself by how he chose to be depicted and that's what makes it an iconic image of his presidency.

If you're going to get one trip to the White House in your life you maybe don't want to be served what you eat in an ordinary day--and a necessarily sub-standard version of that food to boot (fast food loses its appeal very quickly as it cools). From all of the glitzy serving dishes in the shot, Trump seems to realize that ordinary citizens making a trip to the White House want that to feel an exalted, not an everyday, experience. So it's the incongruity between the glitz of the accoutrements and the ordinariness of the food that's part of what makes the scene quintessentially Trump. But then further, the way he's mugging for the shot-as though he is offering something special. That's Trump in a nutshell: giving people crap, and telling them that because it has his name on it, they should think of it as special. Then too, there is the composition of the shot. The man who always wants to be thought (and imaged as) a big man looks small within the shot: dwarfed by fast food of all things. So the shot displays his actual worth, like when the curtain is pulled off from the Wizard of Oz. Add to that what Sommer has mentioned: that Trump is unconscious that behind him there is an image of a president looking presidential, and he doesn't realize that that intensifies that he's a president looking clownish--Ronald McDonald-level clownish. That adds to the picture's meaning Trump's utter cluelessness. He's alone. Instead of showing him milling about with the Tigers, he's chosen to be pictured there all by himself, before they arrive. You want the fact that he chose ordinary people's food to testify to the fact that he's a "man of the people," Farm Boy. But he in fact hates other people, and the image conveys as much. Nobody here is making fun of fast food, or the people who eat fast food, Farm Boy. Trump unwittingly reveals lots of things about himself by how he chose to be depicted and that's what makes it an iconic image of his presidency.
Ronald McDonald is the face of their charities. Ronald McDonald Houses do God's work.

But yes, necessarily low class. And yes, it means he hates people. Got it. The culture has been pretty loud and clear for over half a decade. We're not confused, here.

Ronald McDonald is the face of their charities. Ronald McDonald Houses do God's work.

But yes, necessarily low class. And yes, it means he hates people. Got it. The culture has been pretty loud and clear for over half a decade. We're not confused, here.
You're right. I dignified Trump by comparing him to Ronald McDonald. Trump maintains charities only to serve himself. Maybe Ronald could teach Donald how to do some of that "God's work."

And it is not his low class that means he hates people. It's his narcissism. The event was designed to honor the Clemson Tigers on their national champion win. Funny, I don't see a single Clemson Tiger in the picture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom