two weeks after, do you like the forum split?

do you like the forum split?

• Total voters
From an meme site:

Ah - nice cat.

Can we post links in with the F word in now. :)
(obviously people may not notice a F in comment #567 but Fs near the top should be spotted)

Moderator Action: :blush: oops, no, removed :mischief:.

Hell no. The tavern is a spam infested cesspool and the mods do not care in the slightest. Despite the description saying, "lightly moderated", I'm convinced that it is actually zip. Furthermore, multiple polls have demonstrated the split's lack of popularity, but this appears to go unnoticed.

Despite the description saying, "lightly moderated", I'm convinced that it is actually zip.
You'd be wrong. Actually, there's been at least one ban so far for Tavern activity.

You'd be wrong. Actually, there's been at least one ban so far for Tavern activity.

That comforts me somewhat. But take a look at that thread about the Mexican elections. That's been happening in a lot of threads. And all those polls about useless stuff and there's even a poll about polls! Plus bad OPs and nothing but links to a crummy article with three sentences.

I think you're under a false impression as far as what the Tavern is supposed to be. The main - arguably the only - rule is basically "don't be a dick"; spam and useless garbage are tacitly condoned.

I think you're under a false impression as far as what the Tavern is supposed to be. The main - arguably the only - rule is basically "don't be a dick"; spam and useless garbage are tacitly condoned.

Well then, the Tavern needs to bloody change because it's hell in there. I'm a refugee coming here.

I definitely like the fact that there is now a place in off-topic where we can post stuff that is actually off-topic.

Interestingly, we've received far more reports from the Tavern than from the Chamber as well, which struck us as kinda odd. A fair few of them seem to reflect an attitude of "I like this new freedom as it applies to my side of the argument, but I don't like it when someone pushes back" in their selectivity, and almost all of them have been met with an NAT.

Yeah, I don't get that. I was recently tempted to report a post in which I was accused of knowing nothing about the subject matter, but thought to myself "if I can call Cutlass a troll and point out that everything he says about libertarianism and the Constitution is the exact opposite of the truth, then I'm going to have to let this other person call me ignorant".

Moderator Action: Not acceptable in this forum.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Very skeptical initially but it seemed to go well for the first couple of weeks.

And now it's starting to get really bad. The level of spam in tavern is shocking. The large quantity of threads with a poor OP - seriously, the rules about a good OP are sorely missed - makes it harder to find interesting threads. And then with interesting threads routinely get hijacked by pet issues. The decline in quality due to the reduced level of moderating is unpleasant.

The Mexico thread is a perfect example.

The large quantity of spam threads that everyone is talking about are (almost) all created by the same poster(or two), but you people would rather whine about the split i guess (instead of complaining about specific users or trolling the daylights out of them or at least not letting a lame troll dictate how you all should act in the tavern).

It's not just the number of poor OPs but also the number of threads that have potential that are derailed. The number of people guilty of that is a lot bigger.

And my primary complaint is a lack of moderation, but if the moderation in the Tavern increases what is the point of the split? Or, rhetorical questions aside, the forum split and the lack of moderation in one of the resultant subforums is the same issue.

I suspect that complaining about specific users in this thread is against forum rules.

General opinion of the split: pointless and inconvenient

I find it a bit annoying, to be honest, to check both subforums.

The more fora I have to scan, the less useful it becomes

Is there an echo in here? Because all of the above are my thoughts exactly.

But, IF the split makes things easier for the moderators, I don't mind. I like having moderators, especially when I don't have to pay for the service.

The large quantity of spam threads that everyone is talking about are (almost) all created by the same poster(or two), but you people would rather whine about the split i guess (instead of complaining about specific users or trolling the daylights out of them or at least not letting a lame troll dictate how you all should act in the tavern).

If only there was some body of people that had the power to do something about the unnamed troll.

The mods seem to be letting the trolls get away because of the fact that it is the Tavern. Therefore I have no choice but to blame both the troll and the tavern.

There is too much middle ground between the two forums. The Tavern needs more moderation.

I suspect that complaining about specific users in this thread is against forum rules.

We've never actually mentioned him by name so I think it's appropriate. We all know who it is though.

I was in favor of the Tavern because I was happy to finally have the opportunity to post in a faster looser environment. I still think it would work; things are just starting to get problematic because 3 or 4 specific individuals have now discovered that they can be dickwads and hijack any and all threads with whatever inane drivel they want with literally no consequences. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that they only two rules in the entire damn subforum prevent posters who actually give a crap from dealing with the problem themselves.

Either the mods need to deal with the problem personally (as in ban the individuals; c'mon, we all know who they are), or remove the Tavern restrictions so we can deal with it personally, because as it is now the Tavern is dead in the water.

I'm glad you differntiate spam and the useless garbage, seeing as they're not the same.

I'm glad you differntiate spam and the useless garbage, seeing as they're not the same.
Spam is objective, useless garbage is subjective.

Spam is good, useless garbage is bad. :p

What logic? Spam being good is a tenet of faith. See my signature.

Top Bottom