two weeks after, do you like the forum split?

do you like the forum split?

• Total voters
So far, so good. For those posting in the Tavern, I hope there is some backbone and less hitting the report button. No use burdening the mods except in extreme situations. Personally, I like the opportunity to hit back a bit, so the report button is not necessary.

open them. seriously, as i understand it there's no problem with having duplicate OPs in both forums.

Yes and yes.

I have always enjoyed the level of moderation here, it makes posting interesting as conversations do not descend into name calling as they do elsewhere; as has been said before, I have always appreciated the fact that every now and they I look at what I have typed in angry response and realise that i have to delete it and be more civil. OT would never have become the institution it is if it was not moderated the way it has been.

The forum split seems pretty pointless to me: I am simply keeping two tabs open to refresh instead of one and I do not even pay attention to which forum the thread I am reading is in.

I thought I'd enjoy The Tavern and spend most of my time there, but it's moderated so losely nothing stays on topic, intelligent, or sometimes even civil. I haven't spent much time in Chamber, but it seems to be too serious much of the time. Certainly well over my head most of the time. I wouldn't be able to keep up in a debate here. But Tavern offers even less and is just so...pointless most of the time I don't like spending time there. I wish there was a happy medium. Wait, that was Pre-Split OT. I guess I do kinda miss it. If Tavern was moderated slightly tighter and kept to a more sane level I wouldn't mind that.

No. Or rather maybe ... not yet.

I heard stuff about merging some of the niche forums. If the end-result of the split is a less fragmented forum experience I would probably love the split.

I've changed my mind about the split - I like having a forum that is relatively spam and flame-free where people talk about interesting subjects. I don't really care what goes on in the Tavern as long as it's interesting sometimes and amusing other times.

Top Bottom