U.S. Military Taught Officers: Use ‘Hiroshima’ Tactics for ‘Total War’ on Islam

I think you are confusing total war and using weapons/methods of mass destruction.

I don't ... fire bombing cities indiscriminately with napalm even the sides cities you are there to protect ( south Korea/south Vietnam) is total war more so than WWII... i mean the British did not fire bomb PARIS, to denign it to the Germans

I just think your meaning of total war is meaningless when more ordnance is drop in Vietnam than during WWII... if total war depends on whether or not US citizens get to eat hamburgers/go surfing at home and listen to rock music in the sixties or not .... well the wikki definition becomes kinda useless

its probally something we will just have to disagree on.... because weapons of mass distruction kindof suggest total war to me... didn't we just fight a war over that...

I don't ... fire bombing cities indiscriminately with napalm even the sides cities you are there to protect ( south Korea/south Vietnam) is total war more so than WWII... i mean the British did not fire bomb PARIS, to denign it to the Germans

However, the brits did sink french ships during Operation Catapult to deny their use to the Axis.

However, the brits did sink french ships during Operation Catapult to deny their use to the Axis.

rightly so too...
they also ordered the ramming of any surfaced submarines during WWI, leading to the sinking of the RMS Lusitainia, bringing the US into the war...
rightly so too...
I am not arguing against total war... just the narrow definition that wikki gives it

Top Bottom