Unique City-States

Would you play this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These database.log entries were created by VP, about v3. I told them about that, but they said I'm wrong and they leave them as they are. I get them all the time.
What I would need to verify if the CTD is my fault is lua.log. I don't think CSL causes crashes. Did you try without it?

These database.log entries were created by VP, about v3. I told them about that, but they said I'm wrong and they leave them as they are. I get them all the time.
What I would need to verify if the CTD is my fault is lua.log. I don't think CSL causes crashes. Did you try without it?
I tried playing without ige. And now it proceeds to the next turn. Weird

Getting a bug where I have city state bonuses when I am not allied, even at war.

Save:
Zulu is at peace. 2zulu is at war with two city states who still provide bonuses.

Mods:

Attachments

• 2zulu.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • zulu.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Further testing, it's only their unique ability, the normal +culture/whatever goes away with war.

Further testing, it's only their unique ability, the normal +culture/whatever goes away with war.
Do you happen to have an embassy with them? That's one of the possible conditions to get the unique bonus.

Getting a bug where I have city state bonuses when I am not allied, even at war.

Save:
Zulu is at peace. 2zulu is at war with two city states who still provide bonuses.

Mods:
I've had something similar happen to me, when any unique bonuses acquired once would stay with the Civ forever. Turned out I'd just accidentally disabled the Events system during setup.

I've had something similar happen to me, when any unique bonuses acquired once would stay with the Civ forever. Turned out I'd just accidentally disabled the Events system during setup.
I have events disabled on purpose, that effects it?

I have events disabled on purpose, that effects it?
Yes, this mod relies on events which fire when you stop being a city-state's ally to properly remove the bonuses from the alliance. If you don't want any of the regular random events, you can enable the event system, but disable positive events, negative events and neutral events (separate checkboxes in the setup). If you play with a lot of other mods, you may also find that some custom Civs use events for their inner workings as well, so that setup will work for them too.

Heavy Tribute issue was caused by CSL. Download v16.
Here you have v11.3 with 1% chance for new units gained from CS.
@adan_eslavo I don't know the ins and outs of what aspects of mods break savegames. Is it possible to use this version on an already started game? The generalise my question can you use an updated modmod if it makes changes to SQL tables in addition to lua changes?

@adan_eslavo I don't know the ins and outs of what aspects of mods break savegames. Is it possible to use this version on an already started game? The generalise my question can you use an updated modmod if it makes changes to SQL tables in addition to lua changes?
I'm not an expert, but usually during my tests any sql changes make the savegame crash. Lua is ok.

Yes, this mod relies on events which fire when you stop being a city-state's ally to properly remove the bonuses from the alliance. If you don't want any of the regular random events, you can enable the event system, but disable positive events, negative events and neutral events (separate checkboxes in the setup). If you play with a lot of other mods, you may also find that some custom Civs use events for their inner workings as well, so that setup will work for them too.
Wow I had no idea, thanks!

I'm encountering a problem that I think has been flagged before in this thread, but I can't find the post by searching.
City state imports are contributing to player monopolies, and said players did not take statecraft.
Also encountering a problem where attempting to load IGE and this mod at the same time causes a crash

I'm encountering a problem that I think has been flagged before in this thread, but I can't find the post by searching.
City state imports are contributing to player monopolies, and said players did not take statecraft.
Also encountering a problem where attempting to load IGE and this mod at the same time causes a crash
I'm able to load this mod and IGE no issues

With VP 3.7.4, something broken with this mod...
I tried with and without enabling events in advanced setup, just in case

Attachments

• 2023-06-30 13_20_39-StrokesPlus.net Gesture Surface.png
    2023-06-30 13_20_39-StrokesPlus.net Gesture Surface.png
    554.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2023-06-30 13_23_54-StrokesPlus.net Gesture Surface.png
    2023-06-30 13_23_54-StrokesPlus.net Gesture Surface.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
I will check. I still have to resolve the Jerusalem bug, and I think it's right time for that. It is still present I suppose?

Top Bottom