Unit requests thread

i need leaderhead art that looks like a mouse in a green habit and a flag with a picture of a walled abbey for my mod HELP:confused:

NATO style Interface buttons for RtW.

I have ***, ****, *****, ***** for infantry and tank corps/divisions/armies and army groups, but need

**, Division
*, Brigade
||| Regiment
|| Battalion
| Company

For infantry and tank units.

Yes. Those are the symbols used on NATO maps for units of various sizes. However he's obviously been brought up (despite being a citizen of the Commonwealth, and therefore cultural heir to the greatest system of military organisation ever ;)) on the US system - the regiment symbol is correct, but || denotes a battalion (or US regiment), | a company and below that we have ... for a platoon (or armoured troop), .. for a fighting section and . for a fire team or a below-strength section (for example, a recon patrol of four men).

I'll find a diagram if I can.

EDIT: Got some!

Formations by size:

A section (c 10 men commanded by a corporal, sergeant or occasionally a colour/staff sergeant) is made up of 2 fire teams commanded by lance-corporals. A platoon (cavalry troop) is made up of three sections commanded by a lieutenant (pronounced leff-tenant) and contains 32 men (3 sections + OC + 2Lt) or 3-4 tanks in which case it is called a troop. A company (or squadron in the cavalry) is made up of three rifle platoons plus a company HQ (the OC and his people to co-ordinate the unit in battle; think intelligence men and that sort), and a batallion is usually made up of 3 rifle companies plus a HQ company and a manoever support company. A battalion forms the core of a battlegroup, the smallest 'unit' that is deployed into a theatre (generally an infantry battalion, an armoured company, plus assets like REME, Signals and so on). In the cavalry, battalion and regiment are synonymous (regiments are 1 battalion) and a Royal Marine battalion is called a commando.

Multiple battalions form a regiment which has a common identity but is almost never deployed together and rarely share a role - for example, 1 RIFLES is a commando-trained light infantry battalion while 5 RIFLES are armoured infantry. The SAS is known as a regiment, but each constituent part (21, 22 and 23 SAS) are also called regiments. A regiment is often officially commanded by a very senior officer (the parachute regiment CinC is a general), and a battalion by a Lt-Colonel.

Battalions are grouped together along with auxiliary bits to form brigades (for example, 3 Commando Brigade is composed mostly of 3 RM battalions (or commandos), 1 infantry battalion (1 RIFLES), 1 Royal Artillery battery and a Squadron of royal engineers). These group into divisions commanded by major-generals. A division is the largest force that the modern British army will deploy in 'peacetime' and if all ground forces (british army, RAF regiment and RM included) were mustered together they could probably make 8 divisions.

Above that we have a corps which has two meanings, the first being as in 30 Corps which means 'a group of divisions making a bloody massive formation'. The UK used to keep one of these in Germany, designated 1 (BR) Corps, whose role it was to defend West Germany from a Soviet attack; the second being as in 'Royal Corps of Signal' or 'Army Air Corps'. A Field Army is made up of at least one corps with some extra units, probably divisions, added on, and will have responsiblity for the best part of a theatre. Army Groups, Regions and Theatres come above that in that order (a Theatre would have responsibility for all of Europe, a Region for Western Europe, and an Army Group for France).

Silly me - forgot Battalion.

I have managed to create some interface icons for infantry and tank, companies, battalions, regiments, brigades and divisions, using Paint.Net.

Can some one make Assyrian units for the mod i am making if some one can make these units look like this that would be great:D

Attachments

• Assyrians.jpg
    Assyrians.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 141
Can some one make Assyrian units for the mod me and the capo are making if some one can make these units look like this that would be great:D

Whoah there little dogie!!!

I never said I was making this mod with you.

In fact I explicitly CAN NOT make this mod with you. Don't confuse help with collaboration.

Having said that, a nice Assyrian set would be great. :goodjob:

I'd kindly request an Aborigine Boomerang wielder:

I attached the Aborigine javelineer and The Coyote's rotating axe animation.
So the main task would involve creating a boomerang object, attaching it to the Aborigine javelineer as a weapon, and then attaching the rotating axe animation as an effect to it. (These steps most probably exceed my limited skillset, thus I'm hoping someone will do this for me)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• aborigine longbow.7z
    45.5 KB · Views: 63
  • rotatingAxe.zip
    16 KB · Views: 61
Hi everyone :)

I'm turning CRAZY !

:crazyeye: :rolleyes: :confused: ( sorry for the red bold )

I try in 3DS Max ( version 8 ) to transform a bit some body part of a japanese longbowman ... everything is fine with the part I modify. But EACH TIME, whatever settings I try, I get the same problem ( on a part I don't touch at all ) ... the hands !!! ( both left and right )

The problem seems to happen when importing the .nif file .............

Here some pictures :

I import in Max with these settings ( are they wrong ??? )

Asap I imported the unit, the hands are turning -90° ... :rolleyes:

On the right side of the picture, in "advanced parameters", if I leave as it is ( default ), I get this in Nifskope :

still in "advanced parameters", if I uncheck "always deform" , I get this in Nifskope :

THIS SEEMS to be the right position for hands ... ( = same position than the starting .nif file which works really fine in game ) but it's just an illusion, a chimera ...

Whatever I choose, in game, in fact, both hands positions are WRONG ! :sad: :sad:

And now, I'm blocked here and I need serious clues !

I made much tests with heads and separate stuff and for eveything not related to a unit, it's OK. But not in the case of a full unit :sad:

so ....... please ......... Help !

I'd kindly request an Aborigine Boomerang wielder:

I attached the Aborigine javelineer and The Coyote's rotating axe animation.
So the main task would involve creating a boomerang object, attaching it to the Aborigine javelineer as a weapon, and then attaching the rotating axe animation as an effect to it. (These steps most probably exceed my limited skillset, thus I'm hoping someone will do this for me)

Thanks in advance!

Anyone make this for you it sounds cool

Hi, can anyone re-skin the Bakuel's Italian grenadier unit (the one in the middle):

to fit to this one?

Spoiler :

I don't care about the different uniform, I'd need a simple re-skin (black pants with the red line, black headgear with the red knots, black jacket etc..).
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Granatieri_marcia.jpg
    Granatieri_marcia.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 624
  • Granatieri_Bush.jpg
    Granatieri_Bush.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 553
If you call him that, I don't want to be around to hear what you call the people who voted for him twice. :mischief:

10lire@
I will take your request.
I already redid the Italian Industrial units (but haven't uploaded them) so I may as well do this as well. Are you sure you don't want the uniform? It would be very easy to make and would set it apart from the older one.

Top Bottom