1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Joij21

Joij21 Warlord

Cool! Looks great, I'm surprised you actually made it this quickly. :thumbsup:

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

3. Joij21

Joij21 Warlord

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

5. Joij21

Joij21 Warlord

Ancient rocketeers fire rockets (ex. the hwacha) while firelancers utilize a long polearm with a bamboo cylinder attached to the shaft near the tip of the weapon that is loaded with small pebbles, lead shot, or broken pottery shards. They can only fire at close range, usually once before having to rely on the polearm to engage in melee.
    Handgonnes come in a lot of varieties, some on the larger end are in fact hand cannons. However a lot of them are much smaller like the one shown above and are actually the predecessors to the arquebus and later musket.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Firelancers seem like they'd be a good candidate for a very culture specific unit rather than a generic one for all civs.

The Hand Cannon line should probably cross promote to arqeuebus at that stage so I'll give that some consideration in the unit plan I'm working on.

I know this is all more mod specific than perhaps this thread should be discussing ;)

7. Joij21

Joij21 Warlord

Yeah besides this is a personal request, not one for your mod ya silly. :crazyeye:

8. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient :)

Does anyone could help me to change the behind standing soldier to stand normal and not with open hands?
    no animation for the soldier required. the animation of the scorpio works great. for me, I'd happy with the standing soldier (but without arms wide open)
    :)

scorpio1.jpg

Attached Files:

9. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

I would like to request more sailing ship units. Specifically small sloops. Square sail and lateen are well represented, but there are zero fore and aft rigged ships. No schooners or bermuda rigged ships. I've been making do with the xebec with lateen sails to represent sloops of war. Bonus would be crab claw rig.
    Thanks

10. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

See if this works for you. Had to switch things around a bit, but should not be pretty much like the original as far as I can tell.

Enjoy. :)

Attached Files:

pie_at likes this.
  11. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient :)

You are my savior! and hero! SaibotLieh! It works as descriped! Wonderful! Thank you very, very much. It's just one unit, but I think the whole PAE community will praise you for that! together with kathy, she included the unit behind the roman scorpio. thank you!

12. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

No worries, happy that it works fine. :)

13. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I am not sure if I have asked this before.
    I am looking for a railroad passenger car, maybe converted from Sid Meyers Railroads.

14. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

I would like to help you Kathy. If you can upload the model and tell me what skeleton you would like it rigged to.

15. Kathy

Kathy Prince

That is very kind of you, but I do not have Sid Meyers Railroads, so I can not upload any model from it. :sad:
    I know there was at least one user in past who had this game and could convert the model, but I am not sure if he is still active.

16. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

Google turned up this ancient thread:

http://smrsimple.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4495

I d/led a few of what was posted and got a couple nifs to convert. Not a passenger car though. The animation that came with them apparently do nothing other then make the wheels spin. Surprising they do anything at all really.

Attached Files:

17. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Thank you very much for your efforts.
    Do you think you could convert the gold car? That would be great.
    It is not really a passanger-car, but could maybe be reskinned - or otherwise, it is the best of the cars for a military train.

18. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

That one was a mess. Threw a lot of errors for missing children because it had several nifs pasted together or something I've not seen before. Also was missing the gold texture. Referenced a previous version of the file thats MIA. I grabbed a gold bar texture off google and it looks OK from a distance. Also opened the side doors so you can see inside better.

Attached Files:

19. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Thank you very much for for your efforts. I will test it soon.:goodjob:

20. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

That unit had a confusing amount of crap attached to it. One head is shrunk and another pasted over it. I combined everything into one mesh, but had to eyeball the scale and location. Then rigged it to the musketmans skeleton. I took it for a test drive and it seems to work alright.

Attached Files: