Unit requests thread

Could someone make a British soldier from the Crimean War? It is the closest thing IMO to making a British unit that is as close to the vanilla rifleman as possible. I know there are other British riflemen units here, but they seem to be later in the 19th century and use the Martini-Henry rifle. Unfortunately the Martini-Henry is a breech loading rifle that is clearly more advanced than the rifle of the vanilla rifleman, which obviously is using a muzzle loading caplock rifle. However a British rifleman from the Crimean War would be using the Pattern 1853 Enfield which was in fact a caplock rifle thus more befitting of the vanilla rifleman to be a British replacement.

NMAH-ET2012-13936[1].jpg

37d3bd74984bfd4f176e7e6a99bda85b[1].jpg

Could someone make a British soldier from the Crimean War? It is the closest thing IMO to making a British unit that is as close to the vanilla rifleman as possible. I know there are other British riflemen units here, but they seem to be later in the 19th century and use the Martini-Henry rifle. Unfortunately the Martini-Henry is a breech loading rifle that is clearly more advanced than the rifle of the vanilla rifleman, which obviously is using a muzzle loading caplock rifle. However a British rifleman from the Crimean War would be using the Pattern 1853 Enfield which was in fact a caplock rifle thus more befitting of the vanilla rifleman to be a British replacement.

Modified the Civ5 Rifleman to look more limey. I spliced the vanilla rifleman's hat onto his head. I used the gun you posted for the rifles texture. I think it may be a bit too long.

Attachments

• Anglo_Rifleman.rar
    128.6 KB · Views: 183
Can someone make something like this?
View attachment 554885

An American soldier from the Spanish American War.

Modified the Civ5 infantry. Just used the same rifle from last time. I don't know exact weapons they used during the defensive war of mexican aggression. With the hat I would say a pair of Walker Colts would be more fitting. :lol:

Attachments

• Yank_Rifleman.rar
    85.3 KB · Views: 204

Modified the Civ5 infantry. Just used the same rifle from last time. I don't know exact weapons they used during the defensive war of mexican aggression. With the hat I would say a pair of Walker Colts would be more fitting. :lol:

Yeah I forgot to put an image of the rifle they used. It was the Krag Jorgensen rifle, a 5 round repeating bolt-action rifle.
aceef2c5a868b04c330b30f256c7086f[1].jpg

And because its not a muzzle loading rifle I believe the vanilla infantry animations would do better for the unit.

Yeah I forgot to put an image of the rifle they used. It was the Krag Jorgensen rifle, a 5 round repeating bolt-action rifle.
View attachment 559285
And because its not a muzzle loading rifle I believe the vanilla infantry animations would do better for the unit.

I had the wrong war in mind. I was thinking of something contemporary with your British dude. Anyway, i got it switched to the infantry animations, and used the new rifle. Also included an easter egg you can see in the picture.

Attachments

• Yank_Infantry.rar
    102 KB · Views: 180
I wouldn't call this a "request" as I don't have a mod to put it in, just some musings about units I think would cover ground not heavily trod: modern and futuristic naval units. For the former, a Ford-class carrier, an Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship, and a Type 055 destroyer. For the latter, a Dreadnought-class boomer and to go further out, the RN Dreadnought 2050 concept would be cool:

Hello,
I don't know how it goes here... Should I just ask for unit designs?? It feels a little bossy!
Here's what's in my mind:

a) I have not found early maceman units, which is kind of strange as before ~1200 BC there were few if any swords so most melee combat was either with spears, axes or clubs/maces. The famous image of Egypt's first pharaoh uniting Egypt for the first time by subjugating a competing king, has the pharaoh with a club for example:

Here's a reconstructed version:

Taking many models from several guys here at Civfanatics the closest I could get is shown in this picture. As you can see, it's far from "correct". The African, Inca, Mesoamerican, Native American, and Indian models are reasonably acceptable. The Middle Eastern and Eurasian (Central Asian) ones have the correct weapon but look "too dressed up" for an early unit. The rest are plain wrong, having the wrong weapon (I had to basically choose between getting the weapon wrong or the look wrong (there are macemen available but all medieval-well-armored looking), and I tended to incline to the former).

early macemen.png

So would you get interested in early, ethnic, macemen??

b) I have not found a Mesoamerican (Aztec, Maya) simple swordsman, that is, an ethnic unit actually holding a sword. Most Aztec/Maya swordmen I've seen are either heavily armored, or have other weapons in hand but call them swordmen anyway. Some people have created units that instead of a sword use a neat historically-accurate mace-with-obsidian-blades, which is cool, but I'm looking for a "what if" unit with a sword. Would you consider it?

c) In Southeast Asia many (most?) sailing ships had canted sails. That is, one or at most two canted rectangular sail hanging from a top spar, as in the following pictures. As you can see, these ships had some times complimentary oars as in galleys, or no oars at all. The last picture should be considered the most accurate for medieval times, as it is a real drawing from the times by some european observer. "Prahus" is the carchall term for most southeast asian ships.

Maritime historians of Asian ships pay mandatory attention to the so called "Borobudur ship", a ship depicted in one of the walls of the gigantic Borobudur temple in Java. It is usually considered to represent a typical mid-size southeast Asian ship during the centuries preceding european intrusion, and it shows canted sails and an outrigger. Larger ships (as in the ship above this text) had no outrigger. Here's the actual bas relief and some stylized versions:

So, would you try a prahu?

c) Also in southeast Asia, war at sea was carried out mostly in oared vessels, many quite big with many rower-warriors. Although some models had a complimentary sail, it was normal not having one. Rowers seated in big outriggers (not on the ship main body!), while the central part had a platform for extra warriors. Raids and piratical activities in these ships were widespread and much feared by Europeans. In the Phillipines they were called Kora-Kora and some times the term is used to cover all like ships elsewhere. They looked like this:

Would you try a Kora-Kora?

d) During China's first empire (and somewhat before), when sailing was still meagre, war at sea was practiced in sail-less oared ships with a deck that eventually evolved to multiple decks. Later trebuchets were added, and then later firearms. Like in these pictures:

tower ship.png

china castle ship 1272.png

batalla.png

Would you consider making one of these "tower ships"?

Thanks in advance.

If somebody could make a unit skin/model for these knights...
And these pikemen, that would be very nice. Please and thank you in advance.

This is not a request for a totally new unit graphic, but for some help with a modification.

I tried to combine dacubz145's mortar with a truck, to use it as an artillery truck like ARCHER or CAESAR. But for some reasons it looks good in Nifscope but does not look good ingame. The truck is only half visible and the mortar stays on the ground, not at the top of the lorry. I do not know which nodes I have to edit, all my tries failed. Can someone have a look on it?

Attachments

• New_Mortar.7z
    75.5 KB · Views: 170
This is not a request for a totally new unit graphic, but for some help with a modification.

I tried to combine dacubz145's mortar with a truck, to use it as an artillery truck like ARCHER or CAESAR. But for some reasons it looks good in Nifscope but does not look good ingame. The truck is only half visible and the mortar stays on the ground, not at the top of the lorry. I do not know which nodes I have to edit, all my tries failed. Can someone have a look on it?

I played around with the Z settings for the truck and the mortar's "damage texutre" bone. The animations will move the others back to their original locations. I figured they wouldn't touch the root "damage texture" bone. Seems to work like you intended.

Attachments

• Mortar_Truck.rar
    41.3 KB · Views: 190
  • mortartruck.jpg
    mortartruck.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 526
I wonder if someone could do a amphibious car like the Volkswagen 166 Schwimmwagen.

Also, an amphiboius tank and amphibious APC would be interesting.

Took a while, but I got your car Kathy.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/schwimmwagen.28400/

The animations don't include anything for water. I don't know how that would work. I figured it would be dumb if the car was driving around with water effects. I suppose you could set the XML for it to be able to drive on water, but it wouldn't "swim".
Anyway I've never heard of these before now, but it is kind of cute. Like a killer Herbie armed with a machine gun. :sniper:

Wow, it is great. No matter, there are now swimming anomations - I will not use it to enter water tiles, the amphibious part will be done with "start with amphibious promition" - it is made to swim short distances in rivers and lakes, not in oceans.

Greetings,

I need Satellite and Military Satellite units. The pictures below already contain the existing units in other mods; however, I need the method to insert the unit into the Wolfshanze mod. The units are specifically for reconnaissance of land and units (friendly or hostile). I understand MaxRiga has the units; however, I need help in installing the units into the Wolfshanze mod. I'll appreciate anybody's help in developing an installation procedure.

upload_2020-7-12_20-3-31.png
upload_2020-7-12_20-3-56.png

I am looking for some cold war tank models. There are very much units for the world war II, but only few more moder.

First of all a cold war tank destroyer (for example the Kanonenjagdpanzer, but is also may be a sowjet or american modell. It only should be a tank destroyer, not a main battle tank.)

Secondly a light tank/tankette/armoured weapons carrier, e.g. the German Wiesel.

In this case, I really prefer this unit, but I also would work with another one.

Top Bottom