1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

I modified the chinese spearman to fire his spear like a fire lance when acting as a ranged unit. It uses the same animation as the melee attack, so, looks odd. But,I didn't think they would fire it like a rifle. I made the spear look like a "fire lance" that I saw on google. Most looked more like a bottle rocket with a spear point. This one might actually be a literal Fire lance. As in a torch. IDK

Attached Files:

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Thankyou Toad I certainly wasn't expecting this!

3. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

TBH that is one ugly unit. BTW :lol:

4. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I think it was the best donal could do to make it look like the art i posted.

5. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

Oh, well now I feel bad. Donal, if you see this I think you're beautiful. :hug:

6. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient :)

Great stuff, mighty toad!
    I'd wonder, if it's possible to create a siege tower for Civ IV like in Civ V ?

perhaps a mixture of the battering ram and the siege tower, that appears during city attack... ram animation.

7. Kathy

Kathy Prince

There is one in the mod "History Rewritten", I have uploaded it, maybe this is good for you. Ram animations are included.
    If not, it might be the base for some modder to change it.

Attached Files:

8. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I am wondering if there is an amerikan MRAP-Vehicle somewhere. I use the German Dingo for it, so it is not important, but it would be a nice modell.

9. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

10. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Sorry, I had visited the english page before and though it was this link I copied :blush:

11. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

That looks what he is looking for. Although, they may be stingy with their "proprietary" units. May not be the case. IDK
    One thing i will add is to set ranged to 0. Otherwise, it just stands off ramming ineffectually into thin air.

12. pie_at

So, shall I take it? I would of course write down credit.

13. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

Looks like "xyth" is the History rewitten dude. Try asking him I guess.
    I don't have Civ5. If you can upload the assyrian siege tower I can see if it is an EZ covert.

14. pie_at

look to the download threads of civ v units... are they?

15. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

I went with "Plan B". https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/siege-engine-tower.28212/
    I based it on the warlords siege tower, and it uses it's modified skeleton. I felt like I needed to top the previous siege towers for it to be worth doing. So, it has all the goodies including a battering ram.

16. pie_at

THIS looks almost perfekt!
    almost because, the catapult is wrong here. a catapult is a distance weapon with which you don't move to the walls. and for the Assyrians, who build the first siege towers - like this- , the catapult hasn't been invented.
    you could make a second version with catapult for fantasy mods. :)

and, because Assyrians flaunted with metal, are you able to add some metall parts onto the wooden planks ?
    and bigger wheels?

17. MightyToad

MightyToad Warlord

I agree the "catapult" is wrong. It's actually a simple trebuchet. I had medieval/late iron age in mind. But, its still more "what if" than historically accurate. The wheels are the only part of the warlords siege tower I reused, and are comically tiny. Real ones would have been 15 feet in diameter. As depicted here it would have trouble rolling over a penny.

18. Kathy

Kathy Prince

I made this models form the old Wehrmacht-Biker and the Quad from the Dune-Mod (which is not quite accurate for a real quad / ATV). But there is one problem left: I use the complete bike and tried to make its wheels invisible with the Alpha Channel, but is did not work. Can somebode remove the wheels (or at least make them invisible) from the bike within the nif with the quad? For the trike I could hide it, but I am not happy with the quad.

Attached Files:

• quad.7z
      File size:
      162.1 KB
      Views:
  19. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

The bike was missing the NiAlphaProperty node, which is necessary for the Alpha Channel to make things invisible. I added the NiAlphaProperty of the rider to the bike's Properties, which seems to do the trick (at least in NifSkope).

Enjoy. :)

Attached Files:

20. Kathy

Kathy Prince

Thank you very much. I will test it immediately. :)

SaibotLieh likes this.