Unit requests thread

I wouldn't call this a "request" as I don't have a mod to put it in, just some musings about units I think would cover ground not heavily trod: modern and futuristic naval units. For the former, a Ford-class carrier, an Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship, and a Type 055 destroyer. For the latter, a Dreadnought-class boomer and to go further out, the RN Dreadnought 2050 concept would be cool:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/hms-dreadnought-2050.28546/

I finally got around to doing the Dreadnought. I was also going to do the boomer. I think it is dumb to have WWII vintage subs carrying missiles. But, I will settle for a Typhoon from the downloads for now. I think the old soviet boomers are more impressive looking anyway.

Thanks MightyToad, that is awesome.

Agree that the Typhoon model out there is pretty good. Timely reference too (RIP Sean Connery).

Somewhere (I think) I read about ho to convert .ALO foles to .NIF. I'd like to convert Universe at War - Earth Assault models to Civ4.
Anyone knows how?
There are plugins for 3ds max. That would be the way to go.

A possible work around would be to see if 3D Object Converter can import it. Then export as an obj file. Then you could import that in blender and proceed as usual.
3D Object Converter is kind of flaky sometimes. Exports corrupted files a lot. I seldom use it except for viewing obscure files nothing else will open.

Does anyone know, if there is a more modern (post-WW) Machinegunner somewhere, e.g. Vietnam-War (American - I know there is a Vietnamese one) or Iraq-War-Era?
If not, would someone be able to do a one? Due to the different Bones, I cannot just add a more modern soldier to the existing model.

Does anyone know, if there is a more modern (post-WW) Machinegunner somewhere, e.g. Vietnam-War (American - I know there is a Vietnamese one) or Iraq-War-Era?
If not, would someone be able to do a one? Due to the different Bones, I cannot just add a more modern soldier to the existing model.
I'm not up for an entirely new model, but If you can point me to what soldier model you want swapped to the machinegunner nif I can do that for you pretty easy.

I think this Marine (the 1970-Modell) would do fine, it is vietnam era style.
Here is a quick and dirty swap for ya. I liked the female marine model, but went with the first one.

Attachments

• Marine_MG.rar
    77.7 KB · Views: 90
  • marine_MG.jpg
    marine_MG.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 396
Thank you very much! This will do great in the post-ww-Era.

Edit: I saw you even changed the machine gut. This is even better than expected. Very great thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could make a Great People graphic for Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines?

Here is an reference's example:

Ancient/Medieval Great General for Philippines (Lapu-Lapu)
Spoiler :

Modern Great Artist for Malaysia (Alley Cat)
Spoiler :

Modern General for Indonesia (Suharto)
Spoiler :

As for others... Well, it's up too you.

Who can make the avengers in civ IV? Youd get them as mercinaries if you completed the avengers compound wonder

I think RifE or AoE has a couple of lizard men civs. Some lizard animations like you are looking for might be there.

Broooooooo Fall from heaven II has an art.0pk that will have one. It is probably called "lizardman" or something

Could someone make (or help me make) a simple counter model? I know it's been requested before, but from what I can tell it was never made? It would be a very simple model; a flat top with a sprite (ideally at least 64x64), and team-coloured edges. It wouldn't really have animations, just slide around on the map. Maybe it even stacks vertically if multiple units are selected, instead of spreading out across a tile like other units do?

I've tried to make it myself, but turning the .obj into a functional .nif has proven to be beyond me. If someone would like me to send the .obj file so they can turn it into something usable, I'd gladly send it.

Essentially you want a flattish cylinder, with a logo on the top?

It might be better to have the top using the team colour and symbol (like a commander’s shield) with a standard edging.

Last edited:
Top Bottom