1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit requests thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Thunderfall, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Gearbolt38

Gearbolt38 Chieftain

Are there any basic resources for people just starting up with all the importing of custom models? I have blender 2.49 , nif export scripts and ...loads of free time now; the few tutorials I have found on the forum don't go deep enough in details, I have a general idea I believe with importing obj models but no idea afte that

2. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/hms-dreadnought-2050.28546/

I finally got around to doing the Dreadnought. I was also going to do the boomer. I think it is dumb to have WWII vintage subs carrying missiles. But, I will settle for a Typhoon from the downloads for now. I think the old soviet boomers are more impressive looking anyway.

tantanmen, Unclesam, rtt4a and 3 others like this.
  3. Unclesam

Unclesam Chieftain

Thanks MightyToad, that is awesome.

Agree that the Typhoon model out there is pretty good. Timely reference too (RIP Sean Connery).

4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Somewhere (I think) I read about ho to convert .ALO foles to .NIF. I'd like to convert Universe at War - Earth Assault models to Civ4.
    Anyone knows how?

rtt4a likes this.
  5. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

There are plugins for 3ds max. That would be the way to go.

A possible work around would be to see if 3D Object Converter can import it. Then export as an obj file. Then you could import that in blender and proceed as usual.
    3D Object Converter is kind of flaky sometimes. Exports corrupted files a lot. I seldom use it except for viewing obscure files nothing else will open.

rtt4a and Zeta Nexus like this.
  6. Kathy

Kathy King

Does anyone know, if there is a more modern (post-WW) Machinegunner somewhere, e.g. Vietnam-War (American - I know there is a Vietnamese one) or Iraq-War-Era?
    If not, would someone be able to do a one? Due to the different Bones, I cannot just add a more modern soldier to the existing model.

7. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Prince

I hope someone would make a Manchu/Jurchen Medieval units Art. Manchuria is pretty under the radar for most people in this community.

8. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

I'm not up for an entirely new model, but If you can point me to what soldier model you want swapped to the machinegunner nif I can do that for you pretty easy.

9. Kathy

Kathy King

I think this Marine (the 1970-Modell) would do fine, it is vietnam era style.

10. MightyToad

MightyToad Sith Lord

Here is a quick and dirty swap for ya. I liked the female marine model, but went with the first one.

Attached Files:

rtt4a, Kathy and Thorvald of Lym like this.
  11. Kathy

Kathy King

Thank you very much! This will do great in the post-ww-Era.

Edit: I saw you even changed the machine gut. This is even better than expected. Very great thanks.

MightyToad likes this.
  12. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Prince

I was wondering if anyone could make a Great People graphic for Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines?

Here is an reference's example:

Ancient/Medieval Great General for Philippines (Lapu-Lapu)
    Spoiler :

Modern Great Artist for Malaysia (Alley Cat)
    Spoiler :

Modern General for Indonesia (Suharto)
    Spoiler :

As for others... Well, it's up too you.

13. Kylorin

Kylorin Chieftain

Who can make the avengers in civ IV? Youd get them as mercinaries if you completed the avengers compound wonder

14. Cole98

Cole98 AKA CerebralPolicy

15. Darkator

Darkator Chieftain

is there any kfm lizard that moves on two legs and has a tail (needs such animation for xenomoprh unit).

16. LPlate2

LPlate2 Warlord

I think RifE or AoE has a couple of lizard men civs. Some lizard animations like you are looking for might be there.

17. Kylorin

Kylorin Chieftain

Broooooooo Fall from heaven II has an art.0pk that will have one. It is probably called "lizardman" or something

18. LPlate2

LPlate2 Warlord

19. Darthrafael

Darthrafael Chieftain

Could someone make (or help me make) a simple counter model? I know it's been requested before, but from what I can tell it was never made? It would be a very simple model; a flat top with a sprite (ideally at least 64x64), and team-coloured edges. It wouldn't really have animations, just slide around on the map. Maybe it even stacks vertically if multiple units are selected, instead of spreading out across a tile like other units do?

I've tried to make it myself, but turning the .obj into a functional .nif has proven to be beyond me. If someone would like me to send the .obj file so they can turn it into something usable, I'd gladly send it.

20. LPlate2

LPlate2 Warlord

Essentially you want a flattish cylinder, with a logo on the top?

It might be better to have the top using the team colour and symbol (like a commander’s shield) with a standard edging.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021