Unit requests thread

Cool. It occurred to me @ramzay1945 may not have access to the Civ 5 models. So, I'll post the ones I converted to Obj format here. I didn't get the blockade runner/privateer. I personally would rather use the one from RI.

Attachments

• American_CW_OBJ_Civ5.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Cool. It occurred to me @ramzay1945 may not have access to the Civ 5 models. So, I'll post the ones I converted to Obj format here. I didn't get the blockade runner/privateer. I personally would rather use the one from RI.
Oh, thank you so much!
I know how to use it:)

I'm attempting to use the actual Civ 5 animations for the pistol cavalry. I've had some success in converting them to kfs. I selected the equivalent ones. Mostly have a full deck except for the diefade animation. They have way too many key frames. The only thing I have changed so far is the frame rate (30fps). They work in nifskope, but in the game it throws python errors, and this assert:
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  ..\.\CvPythonCaller.cpp
Line:  290
Func:  CvPythonCaller::call
Expression:  !bAssertSuccess || m_bLastCallSuccessful
----------------------------------------------------------
pythonerror.jpg
pythonerror2.jpg

Super vague, but I thought one of the code bois might have a clue. I'm out of ideas for tonight. :help:

I've got the normal carbine cavalry rigged to the vanilla civ4 units like usual. Also did all the riflemen yesterday.

Attachments

• Cavalry_Pistol.rar
    631.6 KB · Views: 33
Super vague, but I thought one of the code bois might have a clue. I'm out of ideas for tonight. :help:
Them bois would have to know that the failed assertion comes from the AdvCiv mod. Based on the line numbers, you appear to use the Sevopedia files from AdvCiv as well, but CvMainInterface.py from BtS. The assertion only indicates that a DLL-to-Python call has failed. I could check in the debugger, but it's pretty clear from the Python stack trace that it's the pediaJumpToUnit call (CvScreensInterface). Looking at the line numbers,
screen.addUnitGraphicGFC
is the Python-to-EXE call that ultimately fails. The other Python stack trace comes from the main screen, apparently, and also crashes in the EXE when calling:
screen.addSpecificUnitGraphicGFC

So – something wrong with the unit graphic. :lol:

someone else offered to assist - Ramzey
It occurred to me @ramzay1945 may not have access to the Civ 5 models.

I'll post it here for now, then I'll make another topic.
I decided to make units in Bakuel's style after all. The units from civilization 5 are very good and I will take some of the details from there, but I like this view more.
Well, regarding the animation of a cavalryman with a pistol - there was already such a one in colonization, it was not difficult to set up the model.
csa_cavalry.jpg

I think the dragoons in RI use the same animations. They look to be modified Sam infantry animations for the left arm. I don't know who originally made them, but they are excellent work.

I want to see what ramzay comes up with as well.
Well, I'm not working so fast, but there is some progress.
I will post everything as soon as I have done it completely.
Here are new models of cavalry and a gatling gun. A cannon animation with the effect of a machine gunner is attached to the gattling.
Civ4ScreenShot0102.JPG

cavalry.jpg

So both the United and the Confederate States were under the control of the Brotherhood of Nod?! :lol:
Yeah, I had tested that flag a while back and never changed it. This is the "test mod" for new units. There are a lot of weird left over things like that in it.

A cannon animation with the effect of a machine gunner is attached to the gattling.

This is the only real option. Someone did marry the machinegunner to the cannon for a unit, but that isn't any better. It would be cool if the gunner actually operated the weapon, and cranked the handle. I think if the Civ 5 animations can't be used it might look better if the machine gunner was omitted entirely. IMHO :smug:

Wow! So both the United and the Confederate States were under the control of the Brotherhood of Nod?! :lol:
Play both sides, and you'll always win. :cooool:

Hi guys,

does anybody of you know graphics for a Chicken?
(Ideally I would find directly the Bonus Ressource graphics below - but if not we could start working from the Unit graphics.)

I want to use it for a Bonus Ressource Chicken / Poultry.
More or less just 3 Chicken standing around or maybe walking around and picking on the ground if animated.

Best regards
ray

Hi guys,

does anybody of you know graphics for a Chicken?
(Ideally I would find directly the Bonus Ressource graphics below - but if not we could start working from the Unit graphics.)

I want to use it for a Bonus Ressource Chicken / Poultry.
More or less just 3 Chicken standing around or maybe walking around and picking on the ground if animated.

Best regards
ray
I didn't have a chicken model on hand. So, I used the rubber duck. I rigged it to the sheep (using the body, front legs, and head bones).
Rubber_ducks.jpg

After I saw that this works I made a low effort chicken model.
Chicken.jpg

Like I said they use the sheep KFM (Art/Terrain/Resources/Sheep/Sheep.kfm). I am assuming Colonization has that. Colonization is weird about effects, attachables, and shaders. I don't know if it will work there.

Attachments

• Rubber_Duck.rar
    145.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Chickens.rar
    89.6 KB · Views: 29
I didn't have a chicken model on hand. So, I used the rubber duck. I rigged it to the sheep (using the body, front legs, and head bones).
:eek: :D
Need to find a use for them...

Top Bottom