Unit requests thread

@MightyToad

The "Chickens" work nicely ingame. :thumbsup:
(Including the animations.)

Spoiler :

But for some reason they crash in Colopedia.
That is a pretty common problem however when using Civ4BTS graphis in Civ4Col.

Thus I am pretty sure one of our Civ4Col graphical modders will figure out again how to solve that.
So thanks again for your efforts. :thumbsup:

This one I already use, but it is not the same. The Paris gun is much larger.

Edit: hm, it is actually a version of Civ 4 French railroad gun converted for Civ 5... My guess one could still work off that as a basis.

Reading your idea again carefully, I agree, that is not that bad idea. It won't look exactly like the Paris gun, but I might so something on my own with that, which would be useful enough for this. So thank you for the suggestion.

Reading your idea again carefully, I agree, that is not that bad idea. It won't look exactly like the Paris gun, but I might so something on my own with that, which would be useful enough for this. So thank you for the suggestion.

Looks like Paradox heard your request :lol::
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/hoi4-dev-diary-railway-guns-never-tire.1490042/

Edit: this made me remember I also had this one (attached). Also French, but if you're working on one, might as well have extra spare parts.

Attachments

• 400mm_train_howitzer.7z
    11.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hey, this one is also a great thing, I think I can use it for another unit I had in mind. :goodjob:
I presume, it has no animiations? Or does it use some standard .kfm? From what I can see, it has no bones for it.

Can someone suggest a good model for a Sentient Android great person?

If not, than I'd like to make a request for a Lt. Commander Data model.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lt+...HYm2ClYQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1366&bih=643&dpr=1
I tried to do it myself by reskinning a model but it happened to be terrible and I gave up :sad:
IF someone decides to do it can it be that his uniform's "yellow" part is team color, so we can have a red-shirt, a blue-shirt, etc Data :D

Thanks in advance

Hey, everybody. I have a question. I tried to specify the UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN group in the CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos file, but the barbarians remain the same. Does this path work for barbarians as well, or only for civilizations? Thanks for the advice.

It is maybe a stupid questions, but did you change the barbarians in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, too?
Maybe it is necessary to give this tag to CIVILIZATION_MINOR, too. I do not know when the game uses this.

To expand on what Kathy said; The barbarians lack the "<UnitArtStyleType>" in the "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" file. You will have to add it after "<ArtStyleType>".
Code:
<CivilizationInfo>
            <Type>CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_BARBARIAN_DESC</Description>
            <ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_BARBARIAN_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
            <Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_BARBARIAN_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
            <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV_BARBARIAN_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
            <DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_BLACK</DefaultPlayerColor>
            <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</ArtDefineTag>
            <ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</ArtStyleType>
            <UnitArtStyleType>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</UnitArtStyleType>
            <bPlayable>0</bPlayable>
            <bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable>

A problem I also encountered is not making sure the tags are correct in "CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml". If there is a typo everything following that will not work in game.

ANY ONE please?????? see above post, thx, much needed help!!!!!!
femaledragoon.jpg femalebiker.jpg femalemarine.jpg
The dragoon is missing the animations. I've posted it with them (the ones from RI).
The biker works, but you have to use the non shader version. It uses the "shrunken head" technique. Using a shader (skin partition) blows size of the head up.
The female marine just uses the marines.kfm.
I've included a text file with the artdefines I used.

Attachments

• Dragoon.rar
    454.7 KB · Views: 23
View attachment 615921 View attachment 615922 View attachment 615923
The dragoon is missing the animations. I've posted it with them (the ones from RI).
The biker works, but you have to use the non shader version. It uses the "shrunken head" technique. Using a shader (skin partition) blows size of the head up.
The female marine just uses the marines.kfm.
I've included a text file with the artdefines I used.
worked perfectly, thx, i have been working on a certain civ now for 2 weeks and 10 hours a day (and thats not exaggerating) , PHEW,,, again THX,,,, SO

Top Bottom