Unoffical Office of the Name

IamSid: In reply to the slogan you've put in your sig in a most "stupid" way, allow me to say: Never underestimate the power of forum admins enforcing their forum rules.

Blkbird said:
IamSid: In reply to the slogan you've put in your sig in a most "stupid" way, allow me to say: Never underestimate the power of forum admins enforcing their forum rules.
Sorry I changed it.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

[threadjack]
What's wrong with his sig??

[/threadjack]

EDIT:: I realize that he has changed it now and I saw it before. So my question is changed slightly... What was wrong with his sig?

Chieftess said:
- If you want to name units, you should edit your citizen registry post in the citizen registry thread to reflect it.

- As for landmarks, I don't think they're saved into the game data. (I've mentioned this to Firaxis, but I'm betting it's one of those low priority items.)

I wasn't saying I wanted to, just that people would like to maybe in a poll decide the name of our units and landforms, such as the warrior we voted to build, and the river and lake we currently reside on.

edit: I don't understand the citzien registry part?!!

Swissempire said:
I wasn't saying I wanted to, just that people would like to maybe in a poll decide the name of our units and landforms, such as the warrior we voted to build, and the river and lake we currently reside on.

edit: I don't understand the citzien registry part?!!
I believe that it was decided that Units would be named after Citizens. But I am not sure, someone please corect me if I am wrong.

I'm not sure either. I think while we may somtimes want to do that, we may also want specialized names sometimes, like 1st Regiment of the Capital or the Guards of *capital name* for the warrior we build first! If we name it after people, who gets the first warrior name? I mean if the citzienry votes to name a horse unit, i dunno, the 1st Royal Chip Cavalry then so be it. But i think the citziery should have final say on all things name related!!!

Also i would like a landmark answer because i was going to open a thread from nominations for the River and lake names.

Swissempire said:
They are scattered around the name, Flag, anthem, and motto thread!

Cheers for that. I don't suppose you want to consolidate them into one post?

In no particular order:

1) 5star_US
Well the star is a symbol of unity, the diagonal stripes are a symbol of our reach towards peace and prosperity, and the pillar in the middle stands for strength.

2) Blkbird
- The square in the middle is a Pyramid (from bird's eye view), it represents our nation's Egyptian origin.
- The red lines of the Pyrimid symbolizes power.
- The four sides of the Pyrimid symbolize Science (green), Culture (purple), Happiness (yellow) and Health (white), the elements of a civilization's growth, from which the power is formed.
- The blue background symbolize democracy, the prime nature of our game, on which the power is based.

3) Daghdha
What it represents...well, mother Egypt is watching her neighbours so they walk like Egyptians...or else .

4) I am the Future

5) Idiot's Party
Blue represents the ocean and yellow the sun. The dumbstruck look on Mother >enter name here<'s face represents the awe in which she beholds the nations developments:

6) Nobody
Blue = Tradtional, Purple = change white = the peace between them, the 3 symbols = Weblings for CIV plus the cross is religion, the hand is defense and the thumb is the sign of our freedom

7) Nomad Bryce
So what I did was I took the ankh, which is sacred, and used it in my flag to represent cities (Like in the United States where stars represent states) which are sacred to us, since what is our civilization without cities? And then I took the crook and flail, which were placed on the pharoahs at burial, in order to represent that we have laid our beloved pharoahs to rest, and have taken up the call of democracy! It could be a positive or negative that the flag ankhs vary as the game goes on. Anyway, here are my examples, one city, and five cities. Plus, it kind of matches our in game flag in appearance.

8) Robopig
black-the world's darkness
blue- our civilizations glory against the barbarian outsiders

9) Sigma (flat version)
The white symbolizes peace. The red symbolizes war. They come together at the center, where there is a gold star. This star symbolizes trust: trust in ourselves, our fellow citizens, our military, our government, and our God.

10) Sigma Alternate Star

11) Swissempire (Blkbird's flat version)
Green represts nature and Power
Purple is wealth/culture
Blue is our knowledge(techs)
Red is Power/ Strength/Authority
Yellow is for Happiness/Power/Wealth(depends on source)
Black line symbolize athority and power throughout history
and the cross thing in the middle is the "Cross of Enternity" having the five colors of our flag in it represents enternal what ever they mean!

These are simply in alphabetical order on my computer by who created them. If you make any more before we vote, IM me and I'll add them.

Regarding the Nation Name: We need to decide what the fanatica name variant will be, so the nation name poll can hopefully be posted soon. I nominate Fanaticgypt.

Its should seem Boaring Wallow is our Capital City:) Now, then shall we get down to the equally important and yet less important, but at the same time important, important meaning marked by or indicative of significant worth or consequence : valuable in content or relationship or sometimes, giving evidence of a feeling of self-importance. :crazyeye:

Back to the world perceived by us. Shall we name the follow, leave them to the governer and/or official deemed to have the authority to name such items, or shall we not name them at all. A list

Warrior #1
Scout #1
River
Lake
The southern inlet/sea
The ocean to our right & left?

Please state whether you think we should name them or not yet, if what i'm doing is blantanly unconstional, if you want octavian to post the name, flag, motto and anthem polls, and any naming ideas you have. Cheers!

I think they all deserve names prefibly going by: # *unit* devision of *City built in*

Landmarks all need names if deemed necessary at which point a poll with all wanted names along with an "other" "NO Name" and Abstain options. the top three choices are then to be put in a new poll to narrow it down.

Bump! :D

I'm going to hijack this thread for the national naming contests, which will being in six days. The contest will run for 4 days during the elections. Citizens interested in submitting ideas are asked to ensure that they are posted in the Unofficial Office of the Name thread.

Submissions will be accepted until the 26th of January, at which point a proposed poll will be posted to ensure that all presented options are present and spelled/presented properly. The polls will be posted on the 28th of January on the main forum along with the rest of the elections to ensure maximum visibility.

Fattieland :) <- suggested by swissempire and grabbed ahold of by me

my flag symbolizes:
black-the world's darkness
blue- our civilizations glory against the barbarian outsiders

I nominate my flag, and my name for the country Augostine.

Attachments

• flag thingy.JPG
    flag thingy.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 117
I, with the power vested in me by absolutely no one, nominate any and all names previously dicussed and posted in the first poll of this thread. I will update when more come my way. I far as i no, it is up to date!:)

Top Bottom