Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Thanks for your continued improvements, Bhruic. :goodjob:

Bhruic, this latest update looks to be super fantastic. The workers adjustments look awesome. I'm insanely excited as I just got done with my "little bit more" mod and was about to start a mega-game. Yeehaa!

I'm seeing some odd AI-turn slowness with the 1.10 version of the Unofficial patch. I've attached a save. It appears that the problem doesn't happen with 1.09 (I've swapped the DLLs back and forth). It's not consistent every turn. But this early in the game, I shouldn't have any slowness. Note: I'm using the BUG mod and the Blue Marble textures.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3125.CivBeyondSwordSave
    238.1 KB · Views: 44
Bhruic,

First of all, thx for this U-patch. It's great. I know you're busy, but could you post both the previous version (1.09) and 1.10 just in case we need to roll back to the old one?

Thanks again, I am thoroughly enjoying the patch.

I'm seeing some odd AI-turn slowness with the 1.10 version of the Unofficial patch. I've attached a save. It appears that the problem doesn't happen with 1.09 (I've swapped the DLLs back and forth). It's not consistent every turn. But this early in the game, I shouldn't have any slowness. Note: I'm using the BUG mod and the Blue Marble textures.

Yes, I noticed some minor and also severe early game slow down, one turn took so long I almost thought the game was hanging but it did finally complete.

...not using the BUG mod

• Spies no longer interrupt their mission when moving next to an enemy unit
Bh

Quick question: does that apply just to Spies, or to Great Spies, too? Per suggestions I've seen on this board, I'm using my Great Spies to explore enemy territory, and I oftentimes want to use the go-to feature since I can't use an auto-explore, but then the unit stops every turn because of enemy units...grr...

I have two suggestions but I'm not sure if they're the kind of thing that can or should be fixed by this patch or if they're better for the BUG mod.
I've noticed that when a worker can remove a forest or jungle, if you mouse over the button it will say how the output of the tile with change. Like if your just removing a forest it says -1 :hammers: or with a jungle, +1 :food: . If your building an improvement right over it, it includes that change to, so a farm build on a forest would say +1 :food: -1 :hammers:. So what I'm wondering is why can't it do the same thing when you're replacing an improvement? Like a farm on a cottage would say +1 :food: -1:commerce: . That feature would be the most useful in situations like a lumber mill vs. a mine on a forested hill.
By the way, has anyone noticed the civilopedia missing the +1 :hammers: from railroads on mines and lumber mills? It still has it of the mouse over but the civilopedia reference seemed to be missing post BTS.
My other suggestion is to have the corporation adviser take into account the buildings in the city when calculating the corporations output. It already does it for the upkeep when there's a courthouse, but it would be easier to decide where to put Civilized Jewelers for instance if it included grocer and markets in output it see if it exceeds cost. That idea does seem like the kind of thing that would be better for the BUG mod, most than the first one does.

Bhuric... any possibility of eliminating just the announcements to give away a city...since it is almost Never a good idea to do so (and that is the only one of the requests that is nearly always bad)

As for above.. the benefits of a corp should Not show the effect of buildings because Nothing else does.

This is my first post on civfanatics, and I'll start off by thanking Bhruic for this much-appreciated unofficial patch. That said, here's a few bugs I've seen (v. 1.10):

1) I've noticed the AI-turn slowness issue that others have mentioned. As Quagga mentioned, it's not consistent every turn. I'm in the late 1700's, if that's of any help...
2) Recently got Military Tradition researched, and the Defensive Pact option does not appear as an option for any other civs...AFAIK, it was on 1.09. I've tried contacting every civ, and none of them have that option on their trade screen.

I've attached a save that illustrates the no DPact bug.

Attachments

• 1788ZaraDefPactNotWorking.CivBeyondSwordSave
    506.3 KB · Views: 40
playing in mid to late BC. there is a very noticeable slowdown in between turns. I have no mods other than bhruic patch. I first noticed this problem one turn before I locked up and had to do a hard boot to make my computer to work again. I let the computer sit churning for at least 2 minutes before I rebooted. I rolled back to version 1.09 and no such slowdown exists.

Can someone post 1.09 for me? I foolishly upgraded without backing up.

I know, I won't do it again. :mischief:

I started keeping a spare around after 1.08.

whooCvGameCoreDLLpatch-v1.09.zip
ps did it again

:mad: :http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploa...m/uploads/102845/CvGameCoreDLLpatch-v1.09.zip

Hmm, well, I know that the "problem" is caused by the change to the worker "danger check" change. That particular function is called a lot, and the change I made probably slowed it down considerably. Locally, I have a fairly powerful system, so I didn't notice any significant slow down (and I checked the posted saves, I didn't get anything major from them either), however with older machines it may become more pronounced.

I'll try and see if there's anything I can do to speed the function up, but if not, it might be a case of the cure being worse than the disease.

Bh

Bhruic, since it isn't consistent each turn, I suspect that the problem is caused by particular situations. For example, a worker that feels endangered by multiple animals and has no where to go. When I first noticed it, as others also reported, I thought my system was hung. It eventually came back. I'm guessing there's some kind of exit if the routine gets into a loop, but it takes a long time to exit.

Top Bottom