Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Yeah, there's a "panic" check if the unit gets stuck in a loop - it'll try 100 times to get it out, then bail on it. Still, it shouldn't take that long in the loop (well, and it shouldn't need to trigger the panic check anyway).

Bh

2) Recently got Military Tradition researched, and the Defensive Pact option does not appear as an option for any other civs...AFAIK, it was on 1.09. I've tried contacting every civ, and none of them have that option on their trade screen.

You're at war with Hannibal. You can't make DPs when you are at war. Make peace with him, and the option for DPs will show up in the diplomacy screens.

Bh

Does anyone have a save where all I have to do to see the slowdown is hit enter (and the slowdown is guarunteed)? I'm trying to test a possible solution, but since I haven't really experienced it, I can't check to see if it's fixing it.

Bh

Wow - just declared war and hit an instant slowdown. (from a couple of seconds pause to over two minutes)

Front was pretty wide with lots of troops facing each other. .

Had to reload 1.09 to keep going.

I'll see if i have a save.

I just installed this patch last night and found two possible bugs:

1.) Watermill popup info does not display what effect the watermill will have on the tile. To duplicate this, select a worker, move them to a riverside tile (if it's tile specific, mine was plains with a forest on it), and hover the mouse over the watermill build option. There's no listing of how many hammers, food, or commerce it will add.

2.) I -think-, but am not certain, that there's some weirdness when (in peacetime) sending troops to one of your own cities. It didn't happen every time since installing the patch, but did happen about 3/4ths of the time. When I tried sending my troops to one of my own cities, it would activate the troops already fortified in the target city. Which meant almost every time I sent a unit to that city, I then had to re-fortify all the units already fortified there. It didn't seem to happen with Units that ZZzzzz, only fortified units.

Other than that, GREAT patch. Seriously, this fixed Sooooo many complaints I had about what BTS broke.

I just installed this patch last night and found two possible bugs:

1.) Watermill popup info does not display what effect the watermill will have on the tile. To duplicate this, select a worker, move them to a riverside tile (if it's tile specific, mine was plains with a forest on it), and hover the mouse over the watermill build option. There's no listing of how many hammers, food, or commerce it will add.

A watermill without any improving techs produces one hammer, while the tile would lose one hammer in production from clearing the forest. Thus building (unimproved) watermill in forest results in no change in production.

Don't know if this goes here or not.

OCC, Russia and I are at war with the Greeks. They captured one of Russia's cities before my troops got to the front lines, when I recaptured the city there was no 'return to orginal owner' option. The thing was razed automatically, earning me a -2 with Stalin.

Don't know if this goes here or not.

OCC, Russia and I are at war with the Greeks. They captured one of Russia's cities before my troops got to the front lines, when I recaptured the city there was no 'return to orginal owner' option. The thing was razed automatically, earning me a -2 with Stalin.
I don't play OCC's, but from your description it looks like an intended behaviour. At last, it is a ONE city challenge you're playing, isn't it? So, it is assumed that you will not be allowed to get hold of another city.

Does anyone have a save where all I have to do to see the slowdown is hit enter (and the slowdown is guarunteed)? I'm trying to test a possible solution, but since I haven't really experienced it, I can't check to see if it's fixing it.

Bh

Hello everybody!

First I want to thank you, Bhruic, for your efforts.
Perhaps I can help with my actual save.
Just load the save and hit enter. I tried it several times and it is reproducible. I don't use any other mods.

alex

but it should not give you a penalty for you razed one of our cities in occ...

yeah. that's not fair! i've never gotten a razed city penalty in OCC.

things do get funky in non-OCC games when you raze a city that's changed owners. way back in vanilla there was a barb city i wanted to raze, but freddy got there first. he kept it--for about 7 turns, then the barbs captured it back :lol:. so i captured it from the barbs and razed it. freddy resented me for razing his city :crazyeye:. he barely owned it long enough to come out of revolt, they were surely still having yearning for their homeland :mad:! what a brat. i can see the logic if it was originally their city, but a barb city they owned for such a short time? get real!

Thanks 77alex77, that was very helpful. Looks like my tenative fix decreased the "lag" time considerably. I'm just going to check it against the original version of the dll, and if it's comparable, I'll release it.

edit: Hmm, it's still noticably slower than the original, but it doesn't result in a complete lockup (or, not for nearly as long), so it's a step in the right direction. I'm going to see if I can manage to speed it up any further.

Bh

Ok, I've uploaded a new version that should fix the problem (I was able to get it almost the same speed as the original version locally). Let me know if you run into any more slowdowns.

Bh

Thanks 77alex77, that was very helpful. Looks like my tenative fix decreased the "lag" time considerably. I'm just going to check it against the original version of the dll, and if it's comparable, I'll release it.

edit: Hmm, it's still noticably slower than the original, but it doesn't result in a complete lockup (or, not for nearly as long), so it's a step in the right direction. I'm going to see if I can manage to speed it up any further.

Bh

Thanks Bhruic for all the help with your unofficial patches!

...and I'll say it again. It is the community support on this website that truly makes CIV"x" a great game. Guys like BHruic and Solver are truly great!!

It is the community support on this website that truly makes CIV"x" a great game. Guys like BHruic and Solver are truly great!!

Verily! And the speed with which the issue produced by the useful fix to the workers was truly impressive ... :goodjob: :)

Top Bottom