Up for an expansive game?

RRRaskolnikov

Goldfish
Hi folks! :hatsoff:

I am going out of my civing retirement for yet another game (dig my profile to find out about my previous hosted games). Last one wasn't actually a success (to say the least :lol:), so I hope we can have a better experience this time around.

The idea is to play an expansive leader in deity (come on, don't be shy!), I am quite open on other settings.

Here they are:

Oh I was about to forget, this is about having fun, fun, and fun... if you never felt the power of the mythical Attacko,
Troytheface said:
"Evolution- ie- cottage building and slow progression in a linear fashion weedles the player into the optimal place to get destroyed. (ie- adaptation to a specific eco system")
or think civ5 is a great game, the evidence is clear, this is not for you... otherwise step in, for the worst or for the best :goodjob:

I am looking for a 5 men roster... so be it! :deal:

ROSTER:

Ras
Rusten
Doshin
Folket
pigswill

Ready to step in:
Killroyan

We'll determine play order function of everybody's schedule :scan:

Cheers!
:eekdance:

troytheface said:
It is more important to know when to attack then where or with what or even whom against.

Likewise advice about the statistic of a tile and where to build would be better spent on when to build.

Time of day- which may be night - affects a player's psyche. I suggest dawn or dusk as the most optimal time. (drama- more dynamic - ie rip off of leonardo da vinci who suggested painting at these two times of day.)

Tempo is altogether unseen in "walkthroughs". (the great fictions which somehow don't end up in the Stories and Tales section)

The evidence is clear-in build, in war, in movement timing is the superior.

troytheface said:
Fact- Timing- more insideous- specialization via rate of tempo is great person, hammer, bread then beaker city then spy city.
Port as gold may be better than beaker- dependant on timing and amount.

the evidence is clear. the cottage builders struggle.

Fact- autumn represents dusk in the year cycle.

Fact- the timing for this SG is good.

the evidence is clear -- I sign up.

Excellent! welcome on board Rusten!

Fact - only three more mad men to find and we are good to go.

editing roster

Woohooo, a new game with great players. Will be following this. I do have to say I am a bit confused about the rules, but hey, what do you expect from Atacko/troytheface.

Hello Killroyan!

Don't be confused, they are no rules for the moment, just plain old deity and an expansive leader to ease our pain (they are excellent).

edit: Hi LK! good to have you here.

You forgot to take your pills this morning?

I will take this as a vote for Suryarvarman. :lol:

I could lurk and comment before Dec. 19, and play after, if the game is still in progress.

UUs are fun. One of Sury, Mao, Mehmed, Peter, or Izzy would be good with me.

A variant of some sort would also keep things interesting. Space race? First attack must begin with the UU? No back-stabs or betrayals?

Hi Doshin! Welcome on board!

I am leaning toward Sury or Pet myself... let's wait for a complete roster before choosing our leader though.

I agree about the variant, keep on with the good suggestions :goodjob:

Fact-

Spoiler :

the evidence is clear

This post is too dogmatic; its primary flaw is that, although Amphibious Elephants are ideally suited for wars against Sea People who live UNDER or BESIDE WATER, the same Elephants cannot defeat the Ice Men who live ON TUNDRA and eat SNOW, due to their lack of traction. The diagram omits this difficulty.

If we roll an ice start, we will need to invest heavily in Archers to negate the threat.

Hi Doshin! Welcome on board!

I am leaning toward Sury or Pet myself... let's wait for a complete roster before choosing our leader though.

I agree about the variant, keep on with the good suggestions :goodjob:
The variant could be as small as playing on an unusual map script. The main thing is that it's fun (not Raging Barbarians) and the team agrees. :) I also won't be able to play until the end, so my vote counts for less.

I'm not sure how many people check the SG forums these days, so you may need to post on S&T or send out some PMs to fill out our numbers. I'm happy to play with anyone who's comfortable with Immortal or believes in the Gospel of Attacko.

I would like to join.

Can you guys stop the talking and get some amphibious elephants to work? :p I want to see some crazy variants going. I am a lowly emperor player only, so I could add some flavor to it to make it more crazy with this if you want a player who can make mistakes that would make Attacko proud? If you get a better player, then I will gladly lurk :)

@Doshin: hilarious :goodjob: I think we can't wait a couple more days, but yeah, otherwise some PMs are in order. I'll get to think more seriously at the settings (and a possible variant) back from work this evening.

@Folket: welcome on board! :)

@Killroyan: I am putting you in reserve! :salute:

I've sneaked a couple of wins at immortal but I'm far too simple to understand Attacko's sublime philosophies. Is that good enough?

Shall all our opponents also be expansive? Should be a challenge several here I consider to be among the strongest AIs.

You are too modest as per usual pigswill. :)

It is not my decision to make, but as someone who has played with you before I would have no hesitation.

This post is too dogmatic; its primary flaw is that, although Amphibious Elephants are ideally suited for wars against Sea People who live UNDER or BESIDE WATER, the same Elephants cannot defeat the Ice Men who live ON TUNDRA and eat SNOW, due to their lack of traction. The diagram omits this difficulty.

If we roll an ice start, we will need to invest heavily in Archers to negate the threat.

:thumbsup:

Shall all our opponents also be expansive? Should be a challenge several here I consider to be among the strongest AIs.
That could be a nice touch, although knowing whch AIs are in the game also reduces the difficulty a bit -- swings both ways.

I've sneaked a couple of wins at immortal but I'm far too simple to understand Attacko's sublime philosophies. Is that good enough?

:hatsoff:

Hi pigswill! that's more than enough, you are in for the ride :goodjob:

OK so the roster is closed...

Playing against all the other expansives sounds interesting, moreso if Shaka is nearby :hide:

All the others? Might need a bigger map.......

Id like to play Peter, great name and somewhat under-represented in SGs.

All the others? Might need a bigger map.......

Id like to play Peter, great name and somewhat under-represented in SGs.

I would prefer a normal sized map, so maybe we can come up with a selection of 6/7? Though I fear that might tweak things too much...

Top Bottom