Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved here from Chronicles thread:
I don't like that either.
Well... if you want to help would you like to collect alternative flags for those? It's okay if you cannot work with Civ4 graphics, collecting and posting alternatives here on the forum is enough.
I'm on the case. :smoke:

Armenia:
Either the Arsacid or Artaxiad banners should work here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arshakuni.svg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Artaxiad_standard2.svg

Norway:
The Norwegian Lion is pretty obvious here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kongeflagg.svg

Sweden:
The Three Crowns of the Swedish Realm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roundel_of_Sweden.svg

I'll keep updating this list now and then. :thumbsup:

Personally, I'd be more in favor of merging the Scandinavian kingdoms into the Viking civ and renaming it the Norse or Nordic civ, giving it the Raven Banner, which is currently used by Denmark, as its symbol. Same goes for a couple of other civs (such as Latvia+Lithuania=>Balts and Germany+HRE=>Germany/HRE), though this would mean either generalizing/removing some unique units or giving the combined civs multiple unique units and buildings which, if even possible, would be unbalanced. :undecide:

It's a great start.
I remember some of these (Sweden?) already used in some other mods, so it will be easy to transfer those.

I found 2 more more realistic leader heads:

Masinissa:
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0813.JPG

Compare:

Charles V:
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0812.JPG

(A typical photo! He just blinked when I tok that screenshot :lol: )

Compare:

Personally, I'd be more in favor of merging the Scandinavian kingdoms into the Viking civ and renaming it the Norse or Nordic civ, giving it the Raven Banner, which is currently used by Denmark, as its symbol. Same goes for a couple of other civs (such as Latvia+Lithuania=>Balts and Germany+HRE=>Germany/HRE), though this would mean either generalizing/removing some unique units or giving the combined civs multiple unique units and buildings which, if even possible, would be unbalanced. :undecide:
I agree on "eliminating" the Holy Roman Empire (but not on the rest).
Seeing "Holy Roman Tribe" in the ancient era is just... :vomit:
HRE in history was more a title than a real civilization.
In BtS it was okay... at least it had its own scenario with Charlemange, but here?

So I'm experimenting with replacing HRE with the Franks.
Charles V would be moved to Dutch and Spain (without HRE).
Franks get everything that HRE had (UB and UU) with Charlmange and 2 more Frankish.

I'm also considering adding the Caroling as a civ that would share Charlmange with the Franks and also get Barbarossa.

But the other civ I want to keep. Those are real nations.

I'm also considering adding the Caroling as a civ that would share Charlmange with the Franks and also get Barbarossa.

I don't think Barbarossa fits in here... :rolleyes: But I understand it's hard to find a leader for some civs

I don't think Barbarossa fits in here... :rolleyes: But I understand it's hard to find a leader for some civs
I checked... You are right. Than I would split HRE between the Franks and the Germans. Barbarossa would go to the Germans.
And it would be a separate module for those who want to keep HRE.

Can't we create a NEW MegaCiv pack thread already??? The first post still has links to 2014! And the Thread is already 18+ pages long... So, please. Get this one stickied for historical reasons, and start a new thread soon would be great, imho. =)

Great & Awesome work btw, thank you for the updates and continued work tuning this module, but if i did not have the AND2 Launcher i could never hope to run this module as there's too much confusion on the first page of thread...

Last edited:
Okay. Once I am ready with a new version I will start a new thread.

I don't think there's any need for a third thread about MCP. We already have the original sticky one and this one. I would say, since generalstaff doesn't show up on the forum since almost 3 years, let's take control of that thread. More or less what I've done with the main download thread which was originally owned by Afforess. We can ask a moderator to change ownership of the thread so that someone (ZN?) can update the first post with all relevant information: just ask a moderator while cc generalstaff in case he wants to show up. You can just keep the first post content inside a spoiler and put all the links to the latest revision + a link to this thread for reference (I think we can let it sink but it will be always linked in the first post of the main thread). What do you think? ZN, would you like to take care of the MCP thread? Do you want me to ask a moderator?

In the meanwhile:

I'm looking for ways to make MCP more realistic. I really don't like some civ names as I already mentioned.
New Zealand is one of them. I don't like seeing any "new", "old", "holy", "north", "south" or other prefix in civ names.
So what if we merge New Zealand's leaders to Polynesia? What do you think?

In the meanwhile:

I'm looking for ways to make MCP more realistic. I really don't like some civ names as I already mentioned.
New Zealand is one of them. I don't like seeing any "new", "old", "holy", "north", "south" or other prefix in civ names.
So what if we merge New Zealand's leaders to Polynesia? What do you think?

I don't like the idea very much to tell the truth. Some civs are clearly modern era civs. I don't know about New Zealand but the same goes for Australia which is something different from Aboriginal and I wouldn't like them to be merged. I don't see anything wrong with the name New Zealand, it's not something like "New Italy" or "New France", it's just the name of a country in the real world, not something new compared to an original "Zealand".

Those do look a lot better.

There is an original Zealand: it's a Danish island.
Actually I didn't like that solution too much either. It was just an idea.

I know but it's not a civ, nor a country.

SVN 1054 - Demand to ceding leadership on single leader civ.

Small bug here, when you cede leadership, on a single leader civ, Mayans, Native Americans, Sumerian's, there is no other leader available to take over. So you get no change, no running by AI nothing, just -2 "you refused to grant our request" if you at 1st don't accept change in leadership.
Because of this bug report I decided to make the new MegaPack in a way that all civs (vanilla and add-on) should have at least 2 leaders. The custom leaders module already solved this goal mostly, but the Sioux still need at least one extra leader.

I have found Pine Leaf in Colonization mod Religions and Revolutions:
upload_2017-6-19_10-22-4.png

She was a Crow tribe Woman Chief.

I'm also working on adding the Missisipian and Vandal civs, but they came with a single leader, so I have to find at least one more for both.

More graphic changes:

Let me introduce you the twins:

Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla of Mexico:
upload_2017-6-19_10-30-42.png

and
Winnemucca of the Piliwni
upload_2017-6-19_10-31-38.png

Spoiler A photo of Chief Winnemucca :

And here's what I came up with:
upload_2017-6-19_10-35-18.png

If I can an even better LH I will change it.

And Hidalgo?
Spoiler a pic of him :

His leaderhead is acceptable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom