Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this another MCP error? (Sword wielding Macemen, Danish Queendom):
Capture.PNG

I know you want to do something viking inspired but since the game already has their entire religion in it does having a secular and yet lore vise religious building really make sense? I mean, basically you want this to replace the generic pagan temple but at the same time the game has already elevated it's parent religion out of the realm of generic paganism. In fact, all major pagan faiths have been lifted from there so that might actually be something to think about and get rid of the pagan temple in general. But like... complicated. My thoughts are complicated.
Basically you are right... but can you suggest something better?
Because I was doing research but haven't found anything.
I you have a good idea feel free to post it :)

I'd also love to replace the Danish Guard Hussar but haven't found anything good yet. I feel GH is too modern. I'd like some rather medieval UU, something more vikingish. I like Sweden as the modernized Norse civ.

Even if I did I am done with this mod. Sorry.

Denmark UB change

I want to change the Danish UB - Manor House - for many reasons:
  • there is already a Manor, it's a civic building
  • it's not enough Danish, too general
  • it's a Castle replacement and we already have a lot of different Castles
I want to replace it with Hof from RI:
View attachment 474874

Hof would be:
  • replace Ceremonial Altar (without upgrading to Temples)
  • +1Xp to Wooden ships
Any pbjections?

Do you want this to stick around too long? One of the issues with Ceremonial Altar replacements is they effectively count as +1 happiness for the rest of the game. Limiting the XP to Wooden Ships is good in my opinion; it puts a clock on the ability, without forcing the building to go obsolete. You may want to look at +2XP, though; +1 won't do much in many cases. I can repost the XP curve if you want.

I agree there are too many Castle (and Courthouse for that matter) UB's.

Do you want this to stick around too long?
What do you suggest? Maybe CA UBs could go obsolete at some point. Perhaps at Humanism?

You may want to look at +2XP, though; +1 won't do much in many cases.
I thought the same before going to sleep. Will be +2Xp :)

I'd also love to replace the Danish Guard Hussar but haven't found anything good yet. I feel GH is too modern. I'd like some rather medieval UU, something more vikingish. I like Sweden as the modernized Norse civ.
How about this:

Fiskerfartøj (Workboat)
  • cost is half of Workboat
  • +1 movement
  • ignore terrain penalty
  • can enter ocean OR can enter ocean before Astronomy
  • 1 cargo space
Do you think this could be a good UU? I'm thinking about a sea version of the Indian Fastworker.

Some other changes I have made:

Austria:
add Francis II (from Custom Leaderheads from Holy-Roman)
-Grenzer
+100% vs. Rifleman removed
starts with Pintch I.

Batavia:
-Batavian Stable:
replaces Stable (was Knight's Stable)
+2 Xp for Mounted units (was +5)
upgrades to Military Base (but not to Knight's Stable)
no Health penalty
free Batavian Horse promotion for Mounted units
-NEW PROMOMTION: Batavian Horse
can be acquired only through Batavian Stable
no combat penalty for attacking from sea or crossing river
available to Mounted Units only
-Alae Miliaria (Horse Archer)
strength 9 (Horse Archer is 7)
cost 80 (Horse Archer is 60)
removed free Amphibious promotion
removed ramged attack ability

Burma:
-Mon Warrior
removed +25% hill defense
starts with Guerilla I and II

Canada:
-Hockey Rink (Stadium)
axed +5% maintenance
culture raised to +8 (Stadium is +4)

Chile:
-Copperworks (Factory)
3 base unhealth (Factory is 4)
1 unhealth wit Copper

Chola:
-Trade Workshop
(Market)
axed free Amphibious pomotion
+1 commerce per river tiles
-Kallarani
unit class changed to Light Swordsman (was Maceman)
upgrades to Swordsman and Heavy Swordsman
starts with Piracy

Czech:
-Vysilac (Broadcast Tower)
culture reduced to +25% (was +50% while Broadcast Tower is only +15%)

Getai:
-River Port (Docks)
Health bonus removed
flat Commerce bonus removed
added 1 Commerce for each connected domestic city (Max 5).
added the ability to build in coastal cities too

Israel:
-Maccabee

strength back to deafault 7
cost back to deafault 60
Guerillia I replaced with Kanai

Kane-Bornu:
-Oasis --> Zango

renamed to Zango
replaces Caravanserai (instead of Tavern)

Fiskerfartøj (Workboat)
  • cost is half of Workboat
  • +1 movement
  • ignore terrain penalty
  • can enter ocean OR can enter ocean before Astronomy
  • 1 cargo space
Do you think this could be a good UU? I'm thinking about a sea version of the Indian Fastworker.

I'd be really careful about letting sea units cross ocean before Astronomy. Only Caravels do that, and they show up in the LATE Medieval Era. Only the Portuguese UU can carry units across Oceans, and they are also late Medieval. With Movement Limits on, I do not think it would be too bad, but that cannot be enforced.

I don't think a Work Boat with cargo space would be that much different from a Galley, except more fragile.

Would be more logical to gives it just more speed, a nice thing too might be that it can cross into none open... area like a caravel.

I'd be really careful about letting sea units cross ocean before Astronomy. Only Caravels do that, and they show up in the LATE Medieval Era. Only the Portuguese UU can carry units across Oceans, and they are also late Medieval. With Movement Limits on, I do not think it would be too bad, but that cannot be enforced.
Work boats have bNoRevealMap so they are no good for scouting distant continents (even without Movement Limits), but Fiskerfartøj would be able to go to an ocean tile to escape from barbarians.

I don't think a Work Boat with cargo space would be that much different from a Galley, except more fragile.
If it had
<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</SpecialCargo>
<iSpecialCargoSpace>1</iSpecialCargoSpace>
than it could carry 1 Recon, Spy, Trade, Executive, Missionary, Great People, Inquisitor, Diplomat (like Caravel) but it's not a good idea, since my goal is to carry that one worker to that small island in the city's vicinity.

Would be more logical to gives it just more speed,
For a Fast Worker +1 movement means also faster improvement production. The same is true about Workboats but since it's consumed when building anything the affect is less significant. So it needs more things to be a good UU.

a nice thing too might be that it can cross into none open... area like a caravel.
Why would it be useful for a work boat? :confused:

Work boats have bNoRevealMap so they are no good for scouting distant continents (even without Movement Limits), but Fiskerfartøj would be able to go to an ocean tile to escape from barbarians.

As long as you keep NoRevealMap, then yes, I think you can keep "Can Enter Ocean".

If it had <SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</SpecialCargo>
<iSpecialCargoSpace>1</iSpecialCargoSpace> than it could carry 1 Recon, Spy, Trade, Executive, Missionary, Great People, Inquisitor, Diplomat (like Caravel) but it's not a good idea, since my goal is to carry that one worker to that small island in the city's vicinity.

If you want a unit to just carry Workers, you could define a SPECIALUNIT_WORKER. That would allow you to specify Workers as a type of cargo for your boat. Worker units don't currently have a special unit type.

If you want a unit to just carry Workers, you could define a SPECIALUNIT_WORKER. That would allow you to specify Workers as a type of cargo for your boat. Worker units don't currently have a special unit type.
Thought of that but I'd rather not mass with it. SPECIALUNIT_WORKER is too general to be in a module IMO.

Thought of that but I'd rather not mass with it. SPECIALUNIT_WORKER is too general to be in a module IMO.

Actually, I think we should do this in the main mod.

The reason is that the Expansive trait boosts the production of Workers/Clones/Android Workers, but it has to call out each unit by name. If we define a special unit type for Workers, then we don't need to call the types out individually, and if a modmod adds any worker units, they can be covered by Expansive as well.

Otherwise, special unit types don't do anything unless you specifically add XML for them. The current uses for special unit types are to determine what units can carry the chosen type (by adding it to the carrying unit's XML), what AI routines the carrying unit will use, if the unit can only be loaded onto a carrier in a city, and if a trait boosts the production of that unit type, which currently is done in the Orion's Grand Inquisitions mod. In that mod, Seafaring boosts the production of naval fighters by 100%, which is any unit with SPECIALUNIT_FIGHTER type.

More changes in mind:

Malagasy:
-Salegy Hall (Opera House)
removed +1 :) from Dye
added +1 :) from Hit Singles
cost down to 120 (Opera House is 180)

Mamluk:
new button and flag graphics
-Exhibition renamed to Antique Exhibition
-Mamluk Warrior
replaces Rider (instead of Noble Knight)
Heraldry is not required

Question:

Some of the leader heads are not historical figures but politicians still alive.
I recall at least 2 instances: Yulia Tymoshenko (Ukraine) and Vladimir Putin (Russia). I think it's not very good to include in this mod persons that are still active in politics. So the question is:

Should we remove from the mod leaderheads that represent persons that are still alive and may be active in everyday politics?
If there will be no persuasive objections I will do so.

Probably sensible, yes.

The MegaPack will now split into 12 sub-modules so players can chose more easily which civs they want in their game and which don't. Division is based on area first and then on time.

• Europe (Early)
    • Batavii
    • Etruscans
    • Getai
    • Minoa
    • Mycenae
    • Troy

• Europe (Mid)
    • Albania
    • Anglo-Saxon
    • Bulgaria
    • Czech