'US troops' strike inside Syria

Is it ok for Mexico to strike inside the US to target (something Mexico dislikes)?

• Total voters
@aronnax: That's it. I've had enough of this gum-smear. You're dismissed.

Syria now has fair cause to supply people to attack US troops now... dont be surprised if another of yer barracks gets blown to pieces for this

Syria now has fair cause to supply people to attack US troops now... dont be surprised if another of yer barracks gets blown to pieces for this

Now? Have you not read the news in 5 years? Syria already supplies, trains and harbors terrorists who attack US troops.

If the Syrian government openly attacks the US again, it will cease to exist.

ps. Where was this spirit when Russia violated Georgian sovereignty? Georgia is a democracy, so I care about their government's rights. But dictatorships? Their sovereignty should be violated at every opportunity.

Oh, but are not all nations equal?

No. Dictatorships are scum unworthy of sovereign rights.

But dictatorships? Their sovereignty should be violated at every opportunity.

Oh, but are not all nations equal?

No. Dictatorships are scum unworthy of sovereign rights.

Good, why not violate Saudi Arabia, or Sudan, or Burma?
Because of priority.

So priority gives you a free card to do anything in any order.

So priority gives you a free card to do anything in any order.

No, logic dictates action. Priority is only a mechanism.

And noone said you can do anything whenever you want because of the word priority. That's silly.

No sympathy for Syria from me, but this problem wouldn't exist if the US had not gone off on a tangent and invaded Iraq.

Of course Mexico has that right. That is a stupid question.

Now, it is up to the government to arm themselves effectively if they are going to practice something that their neighbors find threatening.

~Chris

This just proofs once aggain that the US is the real rogue state.

Well, better treat us like one! Kick out our troops and sign some embargos and withdraw your ambassador!

Or maybe this is the opinion of a small fry in Deutschland, and not of any real political significance...

Perhaps your notion is simply untrue then...

~Chris

I smell a lot of hypocrisy in this thread, and it doesn't seem to be coming from the one's who have been called such thusfar. Strawmen and double standards abound.

There is, at times, a difference between what is right and what is legal. Just ask the founding fathers.

Oh...you mean they were not doing this already?

Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

If you think Syria is the equivalent of some innocent bystander, think again.

If Syria doesn't like terrorists being bombed within their territory, the lesson from this is to stop harboring terrorists in their territory. Duh.

What Pat said.

There isnt really a lot of difference in this and the attacks on FARC by Columbia in Ecuador.

And now for our daily history lesson. Did US military forces invade Mexico in an attempt to catch Pancho Villa?

What Pat said.

There isnt really a lot of difference in this and the attacks on FARC by Columbia in Ecuador.

And now for our daily history lesson. Did US military forces invade Mexico in an attempt to catch Pancho Villa?

Well, Mexico tried to invade US to retake their lost territories.

If Syria doesn't like terrorists being bombed within their territory, the lesson from this is to stop harboring terrorists in their territory. Duh.

either declare war or stop bombing them. No one any longer beleives the crap that comes out of the US' mouths, nobody just accepts the US can attack any country they like without evemn having the guts to declare war. Frankly, I hope theres some effective retaliation for this

the us has the bigger gun and can and will do things like this. period.

but please dont tell us crap about bringing freedom to the world and whatnot afterwards, noone believes this propaganda anyways...

I believe in war to spread freedom. But it needs a plan, it needs priorities. Invading Iraq and Afghanistan was brilliant. Now we have not one but two major bases in places that we did not before and have spread democracy to the Heart of Darkness. This has advanced democracy in the world far beyond anything else this decade.

It's your perogative to call the installation of puppet governments and the projection of military authority as "spreading freedom" and combating "Darkness," but I'm just going to replace "democracy" with communism and see if something at least sounds familiar...

It's your perogative to call the installation of puppet governments and the projection of military authority as "spreading freedom" and combating "Darkness," but I'm just going to replace "democracy" with communism and see if something at least sounds familiar...

Oh the Russians are coming!

Top Bottom