Users by country

Yndy

Emperor
I wonder if we could implement this like the 'other' site has. I find it very cool to find co-nationals around here.

Do you mean flags?

btw you are already co-national with Aphex_Twin;)

I agree that flags would be cool. In fact TF said he was considering it. . . .when they upgrade to vB3. :p

Also this belongs in site feedback.

TO THE XIII/LEFTY/COL MOBILE!! :eek: :yeah:

Originally posted by anarchywrksbest
Also this belongs in site feedback.

TO THE XIII/LEFTY/COL MOBILE!! :eek: :yeah:
It was already in Site Feedback when I posted.:p

However, many people will choose not to reveal their nationality.. Maybe they don't like to be stereotyped, I don't know. Flags shouldnt be mandatory, anyway, and its actually possible to look at "Location:" :)

Also this belongs in site feedback

I am definitely positive I posted in Site feedback. Unless one of the Mods moved it to general and then another moved it back to Side feedback. :confused:

btw you are already co-national with Aphex_Twin
Are you sure? :vampire:

I don’t really care about flags but since some of us post their location we should be able to filter it.

I don't think that flags would be good in the long run. Half of the users here are American, and while I don't have anything against Americans, in general, I would tire of seeing 15 000 American flags everywhere I go in the site. ;)

Hmm - we could fit flags in if something else was removed...

...I know! Postcount!!! :D

Why would flags even matter? There was this recent visit of the Romanian president in the US and at the ceremonial table there lay the flags of the United States and RUSSIA :mad: !

So in order to prevent such future mismanagements I propose we ditch flags alltogether... ;)

Edit: Şi... Yndi, de unde eşti?

There's no need for it I think. If you want a flag find one and use it as your avatar...like I did.
Plus, flags aren't representative of every regions or groups. I, for one, don't consider myself to be Canadian, hence the Québec flag. I'm sure some people in Wales wouldn't want a British flag or our resident Californian separatist an American flag ;)
The system is fine like it is.

Originally posted by mrtn
I don't think that flags would be good in the long run. Half of the users here are American, and while I don't have anything against Americans, in general, I would tire of seeing 15 000 American flags everywhere I go in the site. ;)
gah :(
it'd be "patriot central" :(

if everyone just put their location in the location field this issue wouldn't come up.

One of the advantages of the Internet is anonimity. Even if there are co-nationals you want to meet, it doesn't necessarily mean those are willing to meet you... (Bineînþeles, cu mici excepþii ;) )

Originally posted by Aphex_Twin
One of the advantages of the Internet is anonimity. Even if there are co-nationals you want to meet, it doesn't necessarily mean those are willing to meet you... (Bineînþeles, cu mici excepþii ;) )

Exactly. It would have to be optional, but most people who would choose to have a flag already give their location.
BTW, quit writing stuff in in languages other than English; I prefer to know what the heck people are saying in a forum. :rolleyes: ;)

Top Bottom