Vanilla 1.74 PBEM starting

You guys have undertaken a very ambitious pbem. 6 players is quite a lot of links in the chain, and links get broken pretty easily.

I suggest that you all abide by a rule that you post in this thread once you have emailed the save to the next player. Without that, it can literally take days to figure out who has which save.

Also, if anyone password protects their civ (everyone should, to prevent accidental espionage), the game admin should be told the password so the game doesn't die if that person goes absent without explanation.

[/ my two cents]

That's a very good idea Peter. Thanks for the words of wisdom. If you guys do have a password protecting your civ, could you PM it too me?

Not very useful to protect it, seems that someone isn't playing at all... last new save was a week ago.

Not very useful to protect it, seems that someone isn't playing at all... last new save was a week ago.

I sent BC3880 to bam on the 13th... so that isn't quite a week ago....

Although I will agree... we should be moving faster than this.

Or at least a heads up from people who can't playing their move within 24 hours or so... it sucks being in the dark... wondering where the file is...

Should we post here as to when the file is passed on? Would that help everyone?

That's sounds like a good idea. Whenever we're done with a turn, we post a message confirming our having sent it off. I think some people already were, but if we all do it, then maybe it'll work better, yes.

Turn 4 was sent yesterday morning. Did you not receive it?

For some unknown reason gmail had put the latest email you sent as spam, even though the previous ones were not... so yes, I got the save.

And sent.

When SV first complained on the 15th, he already had the file in his gmail. Spam as it turned out. I will eithe rpost or reply to the sender's email. If I do not reply in 48 hours, I did not get it.

When SV first complained on the 15th, he already had the file in his gmail. Spam as it turned out. I will eithe rpost or reply to the sender's email. If I do not reply in 48 hours, I did not get it.

You saying my gmail came through as SPAM?

Just a note... I have parent teacher conferences tonight... if the file gets to me I won't play until 9 PM ET or so anyway.

SV has the file in both of his email accounts. (or should)

What I was saying is that SV had the file on the 15th when he posted his query as to where the file was. It was in your SPAM folder. For some reason, your gmail did not like my yahoo.

Am I in your address book now as a safe person?

Just a note... I have parent teacher conferences tonight... if the file gets to me I won't play until 9 PM ET or so anyway.

That is fine as you are the last person in the turn. If I get it tonight I will send it along, but if I don't get to play until tomorrow morning, it will still get to Ankka before evening (his local time).

SV has the file in both of his email accounts. (or should)

What I was saying is that SV had the file on the 15th when he posted his query as to where the file was. It was in your SPAM folder. For some reason, your gmail did not like my yahoo.

Am I in your address book now as a safe person?

Sorry... that I checked my spam folder was supposed to be to this post....

Top Bottom