VANILLA TURBO: exclusive mod for Civ3 Vanilla (first version)

Hi,

I keep getting the following message (and Civ3 shutting down) when trying to start this scenario:

ERROR READING FILE

missing entry in "text/Pediaicons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Conquest_of_Mars

I downloaded all the files and placed them in the scenario folder (keeping them in a "Vanilla Turbo" folder)
I'm using Mac OS X.4 (but I don't think it's a prooblem of OS)

Can you help?

Thanks

Startaff said:
Hi,

I keep getting the following message (and Civ3 shutting down) when trying to start this scenario:

ERROR READING FILE

missing entry in "text/Pediaicons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Conquest_of_Mars

I downloaded all the files and placed them in the scenario folder (keeping them in a "Vanilla Turbo" folder)
I'm using Mac OS X.4 (but I don't think it's a prooblem of OS)

Can you help?

Thanks

I am getting the same error message in Windows. Did you ever get a response on how to fix it?

Can not load correctly. Get the following message:

missing entry in Civilization 3 Game Data\Scenarios\Vanilla Turbo\text\Pedialcons.txt ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler

civ4us2006 said:
Can not load correctly. Get the following message:

missing entry in Civilization 3 Game Data\Scenarios\Vanilla Turbo\text\Pedialcons.txt ANIMNAME_PRTO_Settler

sorry fellows, I quit the Civ3 modding business a long time ago and I can't help u :(
but with someone wants to fix the mod bugs, feel free ;) :goodjob:

I am getting the same error message in Windows. Did you ever get a response on how to fix it?

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say, this in case anyone else stumbles across this mod,

Because this mod uses custom files, and is meant for vanilla civ 3, you have to add the new text from the mod's txt files to the "PediaIcons" and "civpedia" txt files already in civ III's " text" folder.

if you have no other mods with custom files, then you can just overwrite the base files, since this mod has all of that in the new files, and you also have to copy the files from the mod's art folder from the mod into the civ III art folder, overwriting any files that have duplicates

Moving those files should make the mod work fine, (it does for me), but You may want to back up your text and art folders before installing this mod just to play it safe

Top Bottom