Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC

Only the Chinese watermill, or others too?

I've removed the swastikas now, but I'll probably wait until there's more stuff to reupload.

For the medieval units, I don't know. The Prussian units are a little exaggerated, especially the footknights. On the other hand, the Frankish HRE stuff looks very unsophisticated for most of the medieval era.
Do I have to re-download the VD-folder now?

And yeah, the Prussian units look quite cheesy, but that's just the way they were in the late middle ages...just go ahead and google "armour 13,14 or 15 century", if you are not convinced by a student of history :) .
The graphics for the HRE units look like they are from the Frankish Empire or very, very early middle ages (Salier rule in HRE).

No, it's waste of space in my limited repository. As explained above, it should work for the SVN anyways.

I think separating the mods would just further complicate matters because then I would have to keep three different CivilizationInfos.xml around.
Then I suggest a detour.

Include Ethinic City Styles in the SVN & official releases. It's only about 30 MB extra (on top of 1.2 GB).

Keep Verietas Delectat as a separate download as it is about 10 times larger than ECS.

Does that sound reasonable? :)

Because I can't manually separate them atm. I mess the graphics up. :(

Do I have to re-download the VD-folder now?

And yeah, the Prussian units look quite cheesy, but that's just the way they were in the late middle ages...just go ahead and google "armour 13,14 or 15 century", if you are not convinced by a student of history :) .
The graphics for the HRE units look like they are from the Frankish Empire or very, very early middle ages (Salier rule in HRE).
Yeah, that's true, but for the Knights their coat of arms is clearly Teutonic Knights which I'd find distracting, and I wouldn't want to use Foot Knights for Heavy Swordsmen as they usually represent regular infantry.

Then I suggest a detour.

Include Ethinic City Styles in the SVN & official releases. It's only about 30 MB extra (on top of 1.2 GB).

Keep Verietas Delectat as a separate download as it is about 10 times larger than ECS.

Not for the time being, I don't want to untangle them now either ...

Perhaps use the Frankish units for France, and give the HRE the Medieval German units. Prussia shouldn't be using them anyway, since they already have Rifle, Grenade, and Cavalry troops available.

Then I suggest a detour.

I hope this eventually can happen.

PLEASE keep Varietas Delectat only optional, it doesn't work to me, when I play I see something like this

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 837
^Game feature. Leoreth is exploring science fiction elements in DoC by allowing you to ascend or descend into a different plane of existence via France.

Sweet baby jesus on a stick, this modmodmod is beautiful xD
One thing, I think Roman Middle Ages farms might be bugged, all I can see is a hut, no fields. I'm running everything on "very low" if that makes a difference

Sweet baby jesus on a stick, this modmodmod is beautiful xD
One thing, I think Roman Middle Ages farms might be bugged, all I can see is a hut, no fields. I'm running everything on "very low" if that makes a difference
Could be. I'm trying it later to see what's wrong.

I've removed the swastikas now, but I'll probably wait until there's more stuff to reupload.

So there'll be newer version of this 150MB VD?
I'd rather download it later then~ :lol:
Anyway, looking from iOnlySignIn's screenshot : looks great!

I've updated the download for now.

Only the Chinese watermill, or others too?
Indian/Persian Watermills suffer the same bug. So I guess it's universal.

With the ECS Cottage art I'm Cottaging every tile anyway. So how Watermills look don't matter much actually.

I also added an Indian screenshot to my earlier screenshot post in this thread.

I was wondering though, doesn't the Indian city art look different in SoI, or am I just imagining things? I liked it better there.

Is it just me or does the Indian art look too East Asian-ish?
I think that its because the buildings get taller and are made of repeating circular sections making them look like pagodas to me.
I am of Indian ancestory and in India buildings tend to be small and crammed together in a big jumble in villages rather than organized and tall.
I haven't seen the Arab styles yet but maybe try to add more Arab-ish elements since that is more often seen as "Indian".
Although these ideas may make more sense for the Mughals rather than the Indians I still think that it would be better than the current graphic.

Is it just me or does the Indian art look too East Asian-ish?
I think that its because the buildings get taller and are made of repeating circular sections making them look like pagodas to me.
I am of Indian ancestory and in India buildings tend to be small and crammed together in a big jumble in villages rather than organized and tall.
I haven't seen the Arab styles yet but maybe try to add more Arab-ish elements since that is more often seen as "Indian".
Although these ideas may make more sense for the Mughals rather than the Indians I still think that it would be better than the current graphic.
Mughals and India have different City/Cottage styles in ECS. I believe Mughals share their style with Arabia. The Indian style strikes me as more fitting for Khmer and Thai.

The soundtrack problem is much more egregious though IMO. When playing as India with Hinduism State Religion, your soundtrack will sound completely Chinese. :eek:

The quality of ECS differs from region to region. I like the East Asian and Russian styles best. The Arab style is OK. The rest could use some improvement.

Mughals share their style with Persia and Turkey.

And I know the East Asian soundtrack is rather un-Indian, but that's all that could be done with the tracks native to Civ. I'll expand the music in the future.

If this is ever put into the modmod, I would like it if you used the whole thing. Having longbowmen that don't look like they painted red stripes on their bows to get noticed and shot at is nice. Kind of interesting having Italian caravels that look like work boats, but I guess its better than having fiberglass sailboats where wood is substituted.

... not sure what you mean?

Pretty much Italy needs to be non-Roman. I have a galley that has a sail that says SPQR on it, and a trireme with laurales.

The old caravels looked like modern long range race sailboats with wood substituted for fiberglass.

Top Bottom