[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

Sorry, likely a stupid question, but is this for 1.15 or 1.14? I haven't found anything stating either after reading this thread

Sorry, likely a stupid question, but is this for 1.15 or 1.14? I haven't found anything stating either after reading this thread

It is trying to stay updated with the current developmental version of DoC. So it is pre-1.15. We are almost there.

And welcome to forums, by the way! DoC helps to bring many lurkers out of reading but never posting closet! [party]:band::band::band::beer:

I'm not as familiar with the new tech tree, but... don't you mean 'fusion'? (Fission would usually correspond to the development of the atomic bomb...)

Does the new population still need to be sustained by food?

These changes sound great, but unfortunately are far too sweeping and powerful. I was planning on downloading this mod when Leoreth updates with 1.15 (since the civs and minor balance/fixes sounded reasonable). But these changes would result in an entirely new game, at least in the endgame.

Is there any chance you could add these as a separate branch on your mod, or provide an installer that allows to pick-and-choose different components?
Sorry, yes I meant Fusion, and yes the new Population does need to be sustained by food.

As for their level of power, I did that on purpose, the endgame goes from average strength Techs, to super weak Techs, to an absurdly good tech (Transhumanism). What I did was replace the super weak techs to very good techs in order to make the shift more gradual.

If you have any suggestions as to how I could balance it better, I would very much appreciate it. I'm more of an implementation guy than idea guy when it comes to Civ Mods.

Yes, it'd be nice to have a modmod with the merged new civs, and nothing else. And then you can have a separate modmod where you experiment with new features.

Your changes to the late game tech sound interesting, if too powerful. I'll try them eventually.

I used to have a fork with the new civs, though I stopped updating it in favor of the main one and a vanilla one with my additions, and now I'm maintaining solely the main one. Either way, merging civs into the main game is absurdly easy. It really only took 10-20 minutes per civ, especially with Notepad++'s regex feature.

New update to fix some oversights from the last update and give Russia and the Mayans some help surviving early game Barbs.

Forgot to add the file that allows Populations to actually function in the last update. Whoops.

Forgot to give Populations a prereq tech in the last update. Wow, 2 for 2.

Added Flavors for the modified Techs.

Removed Barbarian Holkans from Mesoamerica until 600 AD, the Independents already act like Barbarians for the Mayans

Russia starts with 2 more Crossbowmen to help stave off the Barbarian Hordes.

It took so long for me to put this out as I was fiddling with giving Colonies gold per health from bonuses and non Colonies food per health from bonuses, but I couldn't figure out how to implement it properly, the game kept crashing. I finally gave up and decided to push what was functional.

In order to fix Dublin's status as a free city for Human Players, I've made England settle it in 850 AD, which is when every British player settles it anyways.

I deliberated quite a bit over this, weighing the historical inaccuracy of the situation and concern of scripted gameplay vs emergent gameplay with the benefits of Dublin no longer being a player-only city, and England being harder to invade.

Scripting Dublin won out, though as with any of my changes I intend to post updates with minimal testing, because I have no idea how to balance Civ and would rather other people tell me how to do my job.

Apparently if I place an English settler on Ireland they'll never settle for some reason. So I had to force England to found Dublin rather than letting them choose which city to found. :(

@Publicola I just realized I missed the bottom of your post. When I first started my mod a few weeks ago I kept all of the major changes in their own Branches. If you want I could build a few branches from the new features. I could also set up a vanilla version with only the new civs, though that would be a bit more time consuming.

It'll be up to you to merge the mods if you wish to pick and choose the features, I'd rather not keep branches any more complex than 1 feature, new civs only, vanilla civs only, all features. It's really easy to merge mods, if anyone wants me to I could post a tutorial.

Last edited:
Australia spawns at 1851, but the text says 1788.
Also, South Africa's UHV dates are oddly specific. Is it me or they're the only ones that have dates not ending on 5 or 0?

Request: Could you make the Mayans start in 350 BC?

Last edited:
Australia spawns at 1851, but the text says 1788.
Also, South Africa's UHV dates are oddly specific. Is it me or they're the only ones that have dates not ending on 5 or 0?

Request: Could you make the Mayans start in 350 BC?
I didn't design Australia or South Africa, so I'm unsure of why that happens. @merijn_v1 is this also in your mod, or did I mess something up?

Could you give me a rundown of the effects this will have on gameplay and why moving back their spawn will not damage the balance of the game?

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my previous two posts, but from now on the OP will have all changes I make to the modmod.

@Ogi123 I'm trying to implement your proposed changes to units but I noticed that while you suggested the removal of Marines, you didn't say anything about how the US Navy Seals should be changed in turn. What should I do about them?

@Ogi123 I'm trying to implement your proposed changes to units but I noticed that while you suggested the removal of Marines, you didn't say anything about how the US Navy Seals should be changed in turn. What should I do about them?

Back in my modmod where I also removed Marines I changed Navy SEALs to a Paratrooper replacement and renamed them US Marines.

Please see image, there is a weird red dot on London

Attachments

• FrozenScreen.jpg
    FrozenScreen.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Please upload a save, then I can look into it.

Then please post in the associated thread. I am unable to address any bugs you encounter in a custom DLL modmod even though the issue did not originate in the modmod. Reports coming from modmods are only distractions at this point. Moved the posts.

With @Leoreth's new post, I am considering removing the Digital tech effects and instead adding the suggested buildings, though I'm afraid that both of the current options merely delay the inevitable collapse due to stagnation. I'm thinking of implementing an idea I've seen around here in addition to the buildings: +10% commerce per Future Tech. Hopefully I can figure out how to implement it.

Just a word of advice, you shouldn't think so short termed when reacting what is currently being discussed in this forum.

Just a word of advice, you shouldn't think so short termed when reacting what is currently being discussed in this forum.
The effects were made because I was afraid I'd have to make my own art for buildings. As I've been making unit changes I learned I can just reuse art. Plus this way the player doesn't have to read the forums to see what the late game techs unlock.

As for the spontaneity of my additions to the game, it probably would be a good idea to let ideas cook.

Don't forget this please
I'm not sure what that is. According to @Leoreth that it was not caused by mod, and I have very little idea of how the game proper's code works, so there's little chance that I can do anything. Sorry, I wish I could help.

I'm not sure what that is. According to @Leoreth that it was not caused by mod, and I have very little idea of how the game proper's code works, so there's little chance that I can do anything. Sorry, I wish I could help.

np, reloading previous save fixed it

Top Bottom