[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

I kept asking @Leoreth about coal Transport, a Steamer, because there is a glaring gap between Sail powered Galleon and Oil power Transport which comes so late that most of WW1 type fighting has to be conducted with Galleons. Very bad to see sails in late Industrial -early Modern Oceans...Do you think you can add one sea unit like this?
Sure! I've never added a unit before though, so I'm going to need to find some art for it.

Oh yeah, well in my modmod I added a steam powered transport before it was cool! *adjusts glasses*
So many modmods floating around but which to pick?

This reminds me my favorite play by Russian/Ukrainian writer
Nikolay Gogol "The Marriage"

Agafia Tikhonovna chooses the groom:

Right, such a difficult choice! If only one, two people ... but four? As you want, choose! Nikanor Ivanovich is not bad, although, of course, he is thin; Ivan Kuzmich is also not bad. Yes, if you tell the truth, Ivan Pavlovich too, although a fat person, is a very prominent man. I ask humbly, how to be here? Baltazar Baltazarovich is again a man with virtues.

It's so hard to decide, it's so easy to tell how difficult it is! If Nikanor Ivanovich's lips were to be placed under Ivan Kuzmich's nose, and if there was any kind of cheekiness that Baltazar Baltazarych had, and perhaps add to this the corpulence of Ivan Pavlovich, then I would immediately decide. Now, think about it! Just the head even began to hurt.

Sure! I've never added a unit before though, so I'm going to need to find some art for it.

I just stole the Paddlesteamer from Legends of Revolution, easy peasy.

So many modmods floating around but which to pick?

Once 1.15 is out I'll see about reviving my modmod and maybe stealing some features from this mod here.

Ah yes, the eternal circle of intellectual theft.

Once 1.15 is out I'll see about reviving my modmod and maybe stealing some features from this mod here.

I'd be honored if you wish to steal one of my mod's "features".

Seriously, they're mostly XML and Python changes and a couple of tiny DLL tweaks.

Hmmmmmm... is there anything else to this mod besides some civs and a single decreased modifier?

Hmmmmmm... is there anything else to this mod besides some civs and a single decreased modifier?
I made a new UP for the Maya, added a Stone in the Maya core, a slight change to some buildings and I'm currently working on adding a bunch of improvement yield changes on modern techs.

I only just started this mod a week or two ago, so expect a lot of new features in the near future.

Also, could someone guide me in the direction of a guide on adding new XML tags?

I made a new UP for the Maya, added a Stone in the Maya core, a slight change to some buildings and I'm currently working on adding a bunch of improvement yield changes on modern techs.

Oh okay then, I'll take a closer look at your mod a few weeks from now when I have more free time.

The last point is something you stole from me btw, whether you know it or not.

Also, could someone guide me in the direction of a guide on adding new XML tags?

Yeah someone probably can.

love

New Update

Artificial Intelligence allows you to build populations with production
Unified Theory grants 1 of each Great Person when discovered

Fusion gives free clean power in all cities
Biotechnology and Nanotechnology each give -25% unhealthiness and -10% unhappiness from population
Automation gives +2 Food to all non-Impassable tiles
(I wanted to make all tiles automatically worked without needing population but I couldn't figure it out)
Supermaterials gives +25% production towards everything
(Settlers require building materials for new towns, workers need vehicles to work land, soldiers need a lot of weapons, etc)

Robotics gives +1 Production to Production Improvements
Renewable Energy gives +1 Commerce to Commerce Improvements
Genetics gives +1 Food to Food Improvements
Telecommunications and Satellites each give +25% commerce from the Computer Industry

No idea what to give Aerodynamics or Superconductors

My goal for the next update is to add the Steam Ship and hopefully to revise unit balance. Could everyone who's interested compile their balance tweak ideas so I'd have them in a single place? I'd also very much appreciate suggestions on what stats to give the Steam Ship.

Last edited:
Fission gives free clean power in all cities
I'm not as familiar with the new tech tree, but... don't you mean 'fusion'? (Fission would usually correspond to the development of the atomic bomb...)

Artificial Intelligence allows you to build populations with production
Does the new population still need to be sustained by food?

These changes sound great, but unfortunately are far too sweeping and powerful. I was planning on downloading this mod when Leoreth updates with 1.15 (since the civs and minor balance/fixes sounded reasonable). But these changes would result in an entirely new game, at least in the endgame.

Is there any chance you could add these as a separate branch on your mod, or provide an installer that allows to pick-and-choose different components?

Yes, it'd be nice to have a modmod with the merged new civs, and nothing else. And then you can have a separate modmod where you experiment with new features.

Your changes to the late game tech sound interesting, if too powerful. I'll try them eventually.

Top Bottom