Video: Troll or Mistake?

Was the leader information in the video a troll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, locked content is still present in the game. There will be 18 civilizations in the game you download, just you wouldn't be able to use some of them immediately.
So... it's okay with you if they say the game will ship with 18 civilizations, and then it turns out half of them are locked behind a pay wall? They're technically present in the game!

So... it's okay with you if they say the game will ship with 18 civilizations, and then it turns out half of them are locked behind a pay wall? They're technically present in the game!

That would be a problem. If they sell me a game with 18 civs, I expect 18 civs. If they sell me a game with 18 but have 22 ready to ship, maybe even all built into the game locked behind a paywall, i'm still only entitled to the 18 they sold me. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

This obviously has room for nuance and shady business practices on top of that, but as long as they're not lying about what I'm buying, I'm not opposed to what they're doing.

No - I don't think it's okay, but that that doesn't mean they won't do it. I'm sure most people here can think of other games that have had bad or confusing pre-order campaigns.

All I'm really trying to say is that at the moment people are just making an assumption when they say that there will be 18 civs + the Aztecs. It's certainly not unreasonable to think that, but there is no evidence to say that it's definitely true. Really, 2k should make a statement to clarify it, but I don't think they will now as they haven't already.

Firaxis doesn't troll their fans.

I agree! I voted on puzzle choice, however could be a big oops, tho!
In the video it is so fast and there is a little blur, they tried make the focus at the people I guess!
Anyway, so far the portraits are correct!

It isn't a paywall though those are very VERY different things.

The only metric we have to work with is Civ 5 which launched with 18 plus the Babylon and Mongols, so I would suggest this is the case here until we learn otherwise

The only metric we have to work with is Civ 5 which launched with 18 plus the Babylon and Mongols, so I would suggest this is the case here until we learn otherwise

Mongols were added later. Initially we have 18 + Babylon as pre-order bonus. It looks like this time we'll have the same, with Aztecs being pre-order bonus.

Mongols were added later. Initially we have 18 + Babylon as pre-order bonus. It looks like this time we'll have the same, with Aztecs being pre-order bonus.

Babylon was part of the deluxe edition, not a pre-order bonus. And if you didn't buy the deluxe edition, you had to buy Babylon separately. No one got it for free.

While Mongolia came a few months after launch, it was free to download. Therefore, I am more inclined to include Mongolia in the original roster than I am Babylon

Babylon was part of the deluxe edition, not a pre-order bonus. And if you didn't buy the deluxe edition, you had to buy Babylon separately. No one got it for free.

While Mongolia came a few months after launch, it was free to download. Therefore, I am more inclined to include Mongolia in the original roster than I am Babylon

Yes, sorry. Anyway, we had 18+1 on launch date, which I hope we expect now too.

I'm pretty sure that there will be 18 civs in the game on Oct 21.

I wonder when the two pictures we cannot identify will show up in the pre release info. Or maybe they will hold them back for suspense purposes until release. Do you think we will know all 18 before release?

I wonder when the two pictures we cannot identify will show up in the pre release info. Or maybe they will hold them back for suspense purposes until release. Do you think we will know all 18 before release?

For Civ5 and all it addons we know all civs way before release. In the last month before release we'll have press playing unrestricted preview build, so all civs and mechanics will be known by this time.

Top Bottom