Virote's Unit Previews

@Steph: Thanks :)

Which guy is that one?

Maybe to avoid the "sunny-side up" look, put the bronze boss on a red shield and the iron boss on a white shield?
He's the Assyrian Swordsman. The iron boss on a white shield didn't look too right (the first bronze swordsman was what I used as the base, and changed the colours from that, so I could see what that looked like). I think I'll just make the shield red for both of them.

I just discovered the units in your spoiler! Wow, woo-hoo! Great stuff. One comment on the Sherdan Skirmisher and Assyrian Spearman: I'm not they should have solid, one piece cuirasses, especially out of grey metal (iron?). Lamellar or scale (iron) for the Assyrian, and wide, horizontal leather bands/strips (leather) for the Sherdan I think would be best. My two cents, anyway.
On the Assyrian Spearman, I'm actually probably going to scrap the model I've got, and use the Assyrian Swordsman's model as a base; it will make them more uniform, and I like the Swordsman's model better (also, I think the texture map is already quite good for him)

As for the Sherdan, I'm not sure what I want to do. I think I'll make two versions of him: One as he is now (the most a-historical), because I like the look of him, even if he is not quite so historical, and one where he's got the more "historical" look. This shouldn't be too time-consuming, hopefully, and should also give an iron-age "upgrade" to the Sea People in some ancient scenarios :)

I'm not sure I see the resemblance to Vikings myself...

The conical shape on the shield cannot be increased independently from the shield itself, but I could add in a primitive which would fit the bill :)

Looking better! If you can make it more conical, that would be cool. If not, oh well.

What about a leathery brown colour for the shield with some kind of nifty tracing on it?

I don't think I can make it any more conical, sadly, as all the cone props I have are non-hollow, so would look incredibly strange :(

Made the boss on his shield bigger, and added a rim around the shield. Does that make it less Viking-like? :)

Top Bottom