Virote's Unit Previews

:bump:

How's this? (ignore the ghostly glow around his waist):

I've changed the top-knot, increased the width of the kilt, and added mustache, by painting it on the skin. However, there was a slight problem with this method:

and I don't yet know how much this will affect civ-scale...

My appetite is whetted again! I agree with Stormrage, I'd like to see a test at game-scale.

As to the shield, the most common design I've seen on round shields is four small bosses in the center - maybe dots of civ color? Which makes me think - have you considered making the dhoti all-civ-color? Tamils wore colorful clothes.

I checked at civ-scale, and it didn't look too noticeable, although I don't have the keenest of eyes ;)

I could try to give the shield a design.

And I think I can make the dhoti completely civ-colured :)

Seems like he has the "turning head syndrom" too. Remember the neck is turning, not the head. His moustache is all messed-up in the move. He looks quite upset. I would be too :D looks nice anyway, just a few minor corrections...

It's because the mustache is "painted" onto the skin that it doesn't move with his head :)
Maybe if the mutton chops & mustache are closer to the same width it won't be noticeable at game scale.

:bump: Bumping again!

Now, this unit was supposed to be a Christmas surprise (although the chances of being able to finish it by Christmas seem slim!), so if you still want to be surprised, don't open the spoiler! But anyway, I need a little help with it, so I'm posting it here...

Spoiler :
Right. I'm making a few cannons, because I think the current amount of cannons (i.e. the default cannon) aren't so useful with different cultures. The first I'm making is a Mongol cannon:

The problem is thus;
The cannon prop which I'm using is just one unison cannon prop; the wheels cannot be posed by themselves. What I've been thinking of doing is importing another version of the cannon onto the scene, making one cannon's wheels invisible, and the other everything but the wheels invisible. However, this is cumbersome, awkward, and seems unnecessarily complicated. Not to mention it would probably make the wheels jiggle about in position so much that it'd look like a c'n'p gone wrong.
So, the question is, could there be an easier option?

Bryce is free and you may be able to create a cannon much like that one except with rotating wheels just using Bryce. Of course getting the little human into Bryce would be somewhat difficult.

Different cannons! That´s great! :goodjob: Now there is a chance that the turks can bombard the walls of Constantinople with their own cannons.:)

I don't think using the two cannons would be awful. If I were to do this, here's what I would do. It should work, I think ...

1. Import both cannons in the same exact position. Name them Cannon_1 and Cannon_2.

2. Make everything but the wheels visible on Cannon_1. Make the just the wheels visible on Cannon_2.

3. Import a ball prop, and position it along the axle of the wheel's.

4. Parent the ball prop to Cannon_1.

5. Parent Cannon_2 to the ball prop. You will end up with a hierarchy like this.
Cannon_1 > ball prop > Cannon_2

6. Use Cannon_1 to move the cannon around or whatever you want to do with it, and use the ball prop to rotate the wheels.

Top Bottom