• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ViSa General Discussion

funny you should mention that cation the same thing happen to me and i had to use wordpad to edit them cause i got the same error trying every thing else

Yes, if you use a staight text editor...then you MUST use either Notepad or Wordpad...because if you use something like MS-Word or WordPerfect, then when you save the file, all the text coding and margin code will be added to the file and make it unreadeable by Civ.

Though I'd suggest getting one of the better replacements for Notepad. Iirc notepad prior to Win XP couldn't handle files of more then 64kb, which was rather disappointing. There are many good slim text editors out there, that have as much (or more) functionality as notepad.

funny you should mention that cation the same thing happen to me and i had to use wordpad to edit them cause i got the same error trying every thing else

I've tried Note Pad but not Word Pad. Note Pad, which I figured to be an even "cleaner" editor than Word Pad, failed to make any difference. I'll try Word Pad.

Just a quick question -- has something happened to the UN ?? I didn't build it in my current game because it never showed up as "buildable" and I think that none of the AI built it either because no "resolutions" have been proposed - I am now on Future Tech 20 and still haven't seen the UN show up -- not that I really care, the UN is a useless body that serves only to aggrevate me - but the point of the question is -- what might have happened to it?

Thanks again for a great mod

@kaiser Franz check in your options for ViSa and see if diplomatic victory is turned off. i almost always turn off diplomatic and space race victories b4 a new game. that way there is no UN and no space race, which i personally despise as options, hehe.

hey guys, this Mod is incredible.

huge props to the entire ViSa Team (with nods to all the great work that this was built upon, Amra, White Rabbitt et. al.)

this is basically Civ V for free - thanks for bringing Civ back to life on my computer.

(btw, I love the unit specific stats such as High Scores --> nice touches like that are awesome)

rockinroger -- thanks -- that's exactly the answer I was looking for -- I only play "domination" all other victory conditions are not selected -- that solves the no UN question :) btw -- aunt and uncle and cousins live in KC -- cold as all get out there they tell me -- hope it warms up for you soon - although the cold weather is probably assisting in getting the next VISA release completed ;)

@Kaiser Franz, yes its cold as a witches t.....t here in KC., but alas life i.e. work goes on. we are beginning to test the v3 beta so its moving forward. Glad my answer helped, good luck

I have been having an impossible time accessing the forums, but back now...sure am glad this is a TEAM :)

Hello all,
I think this might have been mentioned in the old threads but I can't seem to find it...

When I start a new game, it seems that there's usually 2 civs that start off hating me (red smileys) and continue that way the whole game. I believe in every case this has happened it's been the Czechs and the Phonecians but don't quote me.

Is there a way to fix this?

I have 2 Qs
1. What is this mod, in the forums there has been edited posts so i can't find anything that says what it does.
2. Is there a back version that works on vanilla 1.61

I have 2 Qs
1. What is this mod, in the forums there has been edited posts so i can't find anything that says what it does.

What is ViSa? That's simple...a mod pack that makes Warlords more realistic, more enjoyable, and far more extensive.

For a full list of additions and modifications, please go see this page

2. Is there a back version that works on vanilla 1.61

ViSa itself is not available for Civ IV vanilla...but an old mod that it is based on is still available for download. Click on the link provided below.
Keldath mod for Vanilla 1.61

Hello all,
I think this might have been mentioned in the old threads but I can't seem to find it...

When I start a new game, it seems that there's usually 2 civs that start off hating me (red smileys) and continue that way the whole game. I believe in every case this has happened it's been the Czechs and the Phonecians but don't quote me.

Is there a way to fix this?

We have this fixed in V3.0 already....sorry we didn't get to it sooner but some attitude values got messed up on the new leaders we included.

What is ViSa? That's simple...a mod pack that makes Warlords more realistic, more enjoyable, and far more extensive.

For a full list of additions and modifications, please go see this page

ViSa itself is not available for Civ IV vanilla...but an old mod that it is based on is still available for download. Click on the link provided below.
Keldath mod for Vanilla 1.61

Correct, and to add to this....the info is still there and in this dev forum....not sure how all this organization I do gets missed sometimes ;)

As I have read over some of the forums responses I have noticed alot of people complaining about long turn times mid-late game. I have some suggestions concerning this and a couple Scenerios to offer the community.

First go into .ini (VISA) file and disable fort zone of control mod , then do not select 3 city raduius mod.. I have noticed conciderable turn time and lag when this is enabled. Specifically during recalculation of borders, during war not only if you are involved in that war can take up to a minute longer in late game, compared with it being disabled.

I have 2 map/scenerios I am posting for download. The first is world map. The second is the same world map but I removed the americas and replaced with Islands. This spead up the map a good deal. Let me know what you think.

Wanted to mention that the World Map scenerio is not fair by default. Most civs start with 4 techs at beginning. Those in the americas start with none.. This makes the game follow history a bit more.. So when the eastern civs start to get gallons etc. and explore they will encounter western civs that are still pushing out axemen and charriots. Some of the barbs cities start with promoted units. Archers start with city defense promotions, this makes it harder to conquer barbs quick.

Hardness Level : Easiest to Hardest (when played on Prince level) :
1) Russia, China , India
2) Arabia
3) Egypt, Spain
4) English, German, Italy
5) Koreans, Japan
6) Persians
7) All other Eastern civs
8) All western civs

Attachments

• CivFanMAPS.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 83
As I have read over some of the forums responses I have noticed alot of people complaining about long turn times mid-late game. I have some suggestions concerning this and a couple Scenerios to offer the community.

First go into .ini (VISA) file and disable fort zone of control mod , then do not select 3 city raduius mod.. I have noticed conciderable turn time and lag when this is enabled. Specifically during recalculation of borders, during war not only if you are involved in that war can take up to a minute longer in late game, compared with it being disabled.

I have 2 map/scenerios I am posting for download. The first is world map. The second is the same world map but I removed the americas and replaced with Islands. This spead up the map a good deal. Let me know what you think.

Yeah we already have that and 3-4 other lag causers singled out in the V3.0 INI to turn off in late game....plus nearly every possible modcomp can be turned off/on at game start.

Sorry if this has already been answered: Is the size of a unit stack limited? I am just playing my first game with the ViSa Mod and I cannot combine more than 20 units. Is this normal?

Top Bottom