ViSa Suggestions/Requests

HA -- I love UU's -- but I'd love them more if a poor stranded warior out in "no mans land" can't take out my Africa Corps troops with his blasted club:gripe:

:)

Hello, sorry if this is a pain in the a** question but is their a way to enable your Merc mod at present as I only play single player. It is the only reason I play TR mod for the mercs, I much prefer your work as you were kind enough to include Canada. Cheers from somewhere in Afghanistan!
Andrew.:)

Hello, sorry if this is a pain in the a** question but is their a way to enable your Merc mod at present as I only play single player. It is the only reason I play TR mod for the mercs, I much prefer your work as you were kind enough to include Canada. Cheers from somewhere in Afghanistan!
Andrew.:)

No merc mod until it is totally redone....it is horribly unbalanced.

Sorry -- I removed the post becasue it was in the wrong place -

This request/suggestion most probably won't see ViSa until v4...if it gets added at all...

But what about the build it scenarios that Firaxis sends with Warlords? They are pretty much mods in themselves and have some pretty awesome techs, units, civics, buildings, wonders and much more in them.

All 8 of them come pre-installed (listed below), so it wouldn't be that hard to see if they are compatible or easily integrated. But some of the information included in them could add a nice flavour.

Things of interest

* Chinese Unification
Family Altar (building)
new civic category: Military

* Peloponnesian Wars
New Victory Condition: Capture Capitol City

* Alexander's Conquests
Over 30 New Technologies

* Rise of Rome
Victory Resources

* Vikings
Relics
Ransoming Cities
New Victory Condition: Economic Victory

* Genghis Khan
Civ specific techs that can only be traded or captured
New Victory Condition: Score Threshold

* Barbarians!
Can play as Barbarians (would be kewl with all of the Visa stuff)

* Omen
Many UU's for Britain & France
New Civ: Lenape
Divine Messengers

There is a ton more of stuff...but I only thought I'd mention the noteable things...but there are even some tech and units already in ViSa but from Firaxis. (ie...Statue of Zeus, Sun Tzu's Art of War) which might resolve some graphical issues.

Anyway, just a thought.

What I really liked in CTP2 was the feature that during the setup of a new game you could select units/wonders/buildings which then during the game could not be build. If something like this is implementable I'd really like to see it in some future version of ViSa.

I've just had a brainwave for a few extra diplomacy options that could be added to give the mod the extra diplomatic aspect that civ4 so sorely needs.

-Nuclear non-proliferation: countries agree that they and/or the other civ will not build nuclear weapons (but keep their existing ones). A limited version of the UN resolution.

-Intelligence sharing agreements: countries agree that they and/or the other the civ will share all intelligence they have, i.e. maps and line of sight.

-Military restrictions: Nations agree that they and/or the other civ will not build certain kinds of units. If part of peace treaty, must last for at least 10 turns and then can only be broken by the other (i.e. superior) civ without war. This could lead to situations like the Post-WWI disarming of Germany.

More ideas later, if they come.

If possibly could you put in the Immagration Mod by TheLopez of cause yo may need to do some tweaking to make it balance

Dear Helpless,
I'm a beta tester, currently building migrant workers in a test game of
Version 3, so I'm pretty confident in saying...

IT'S IN VERSION 3!! :goodjob: :king: :D

Alondin, Master of the Obvious

Are the CSA and Republic of Texas civs by any chance included in 3.0?

Are the CSA and Republic of Texas civs by any chance included in 3.0?

As much as Texas remains my favourite American state, and the confederacy adds flavour, I can more than understand dev's reluctance to include either.

Doing so would be akin to including say South Vietnam instead of just Vietnam. Or South Korea, instead of just Korea.

Both governments were shortlived, Texas willingly joined into an agreement which essentially saw it annexed (yes, I'm aware that the agreement provided that Texas wasn't an annexation and it could secede, but then it tried that didn't it?), and the Confederacy was never recognised by anyone as a sovereign state in the 4 and a bit years it was in existence.

Before the flaming starts, I'm not saying that the history of either the Confederacy or the Republic of Texas isn't worthy of note, nor that citizens of those places shouldn't be proud to be from there - far from it.

What I am saying is that if Firehawke decides not to put it in, I can more than understand. Some civs/countries just don't belong in some mods. Why do you think I don't care about Australia not being in a mod or not, for TR I argue specifically against it's inclusion, but in other mods like XX Century I'll argue for it's inclusion to the death? Some mods just aren't right for some "civs", and ultimately, it's up to the dev team to make that call

As much as Texas remains my favourite American state, and the confederacy adds flavour, I can more than understand dev's reluctance to include either.

Doing so would be akin to including say South Vietnam instead of just Vietnam. Or South Korea, instead of just Korea.

Both governments were shortlived, Texas willingly joined into an agreement which essentially saw it annexed (yes, I'm aware that the agreement provided that Texas wasn't an annexation and it could secede, but then it tried that didn't it?), and the Confederacy was never recognised by anyone as a sovereign state in the 4 and a bit years it was in existence.

Before the flaming starts, I'm not saying that the history of either the Confederacy or the Republic of Texas isn't worthy of note, nor that citizens of those places shouldn't be proud to be from there - far from it.

What I am saying is that if Firehawke decides not to put it in, I can more than understand. Some civs/countries just don't belong in some mods. Why do you think I don't care about Australia not being in a mod or not, for TR I argue specifically against it's inclusion, but in other mods like XX Century I'll argue for it's inclusion to the death? Some mods just aren't right for some "civs", and ultimately, it's up to the dev team to make that call

Haleluja :D :agree:

@masonl as of this moment we have no plans of adding either of those civs.

OK. Just checking. Since Texas was a country before it became a state and the CSA was a legitimate nation (since there was no prohibition of secession in the constitution) for several years and there are Civs already here for both of them I figured they were as viable as Hyborea and they both have really cool flags.

Thanks for replying.

Well, PART (not all) of the historical refernces there are right but we won't go into it as it doesn't matter. The analogies to South Korea and South Viet Nam I don't really get.

The reason I even asked was because when I saw that Hyborea was included I realized that there was pretty much no rule as to what could or could not be considerd a Civ so I thought that both of those would add flavor. I saw that to be much more akin to adding the American Indian tribes.

Well, PART (not all) of the historical refernces there are right but we won't go into it as it doesn't matter. The analogies to South Korea and South Viet Nam I don't really get.

The reason I even asked was because when I saw that Hyborea was included I realized that there was pretty much no rule as to what could or could not be considerd a Civ so I thought that both of those would add flavor. I saw that to be much more akin to adding the American Indian tribes.

Well, actually now that you mention it, South Korea is a pretty terrible example :lol:

South Vietnam is probably a better one... I was basically just trying to refer to countries that didn't exist for terribly long - Goes to the question of how you include a Civ... do you include it as a cultural or ethnic group, or as a nation which has formed borders and called itself a particular name?

Arabia is a great example. Do you include Arabia as a Civ under Saladin? Or do you instead include Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Iraq, Kuwait et al? I guess the question would be, how does one best represent a faction which can be played within the game? Again, to use my own country as an example, in certain mods/scenarios it makes sense to have Australia, in some have the Australian land mass under the control of the English Civ, and in some cases, it makes sense for them to not be there at all. :)

I guess that was the point I was trying to make. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for flavour and things that are different... Conan of Hyboria anyone? :crazyeye: :)

Again, I think in those kinds of cases where it really is just about flavour it comes down to the dev team's preference. At the risk of being banned, I'd say harangue Firehawke til he caves :p :D

If you feel so inclined, PM me about the Texas stuff. I really do enjoy History, and I'm always keen to fill in gaps in my knowledge. Shiner Bock FTW!!! :beer:

To all the above ... wow r u guys serious? I even cant stand how some mods that use earth map have America as a civ in 4000 bc??? America is a cultural mix of all nations. I think the natives of this great land are not represented well by the Civ Community, and you want to add Texas? lol

To all the above ... wow r u guys serious? I even cant stand how some mods that use earth map have America as a civ in 4000 bc??? America is a cultural mix of all nations. I think the natives of this great land are not represented well by the Civ Community, and you want to add Texas? lol

Hey I am all for having the Native American Civs. There are many rich cultures and heritages there. Every game that I have played with them in it the AI had them bring something to the Table and the couple of games I have played as the Cherokee have been fun. One of the other games I played (I think it may have been AoE2) had some of the NA civs and it was my favorite to play. I would even love to see Neanderthal and Cromagnon Civs. Heck, as far as I am concerned Klingons, Vulcans, and the Empire from Star Wars would make good Civs. I mean think about how Ceasar might deal with pre-historic Vulcans and just how far would Ghengis or Alexander have advanced if there had been Klingons in Eastern Europe. I know these are all ficticious<sp> but this is a game and I think anything to give it flavor is a good thing.

Top Bottom