ViSa Suggestions/Requests

1. I like to see new music in this game while playing the game. I like to hear this music become very fitting on each age.
  2. If there is hardly any future units, then I suggest that we make a future age and add in futuristic units in the game.
  3. Reduce a lot of lag for a 1GB RAM, 2.00 GHz CPU, and a Radeon x600 Specs or around those specs. As I hate having lag in this game and I wish there was a lot of lag reducement in this game. I don't want to quit playing after reaching medieval period cause of the major lag, cause this mod will end up just total realism.

1. I like to see new music in this game while playing the game. I like to hear this music become very fitting on each age.
  2. If there is hardly any future units, then I suggest that we make a future age and add in futuristic units in the game.
  3. Reduce a lot of lag for a 1GB RAM, 2.00 GHz CPU, and a Radeon x600 Specs or around those specs. As I hate having lag in this game and I wish there was a lot of lag reducement in this game. I don't want to quit playing after reaching medieval period cause of the major lag, cause this mod will end up just total realism.

So you haven't gotten to the end game yet....so what is the complaint/suggestion/request?

We have made modcomps optional both at start and later in games to reduce lag...but quite frankly you need to talk to Firaxis because plain old Warlords runs just as slow.

I mean at least play the game before you tell us what is wrong with it.....

Reduce a lot of lag for a 1GB RAM, 2.00 GHz CPU, and a Radeon x600 Specs or around those specs. As I hate having lag in this game and I wish there was a lot of lag reducement in this game. I don't want to quit playing after reaching medieval period cause of the major lag, cause this mod will end up just total realism.

since you obviously were UNABLE to play ViSA 3 at all, or if you managed to get it very fast from my private server, have been unable to play past 2000 BC, but already adressing stuff at the wrong spot for it(write an email to firaxis why your CPU isnt fast enough, and why they have memory handling issues, and why they initialize arrays of range 20 but only use 1 spot, etc) i advise you stop playing the game dont play visa, and go playing soccer..
sorry bro..No, im not sorry, but you are just totally nuts posting complaints about firaxis either in the total realism mod or here or anywhere else at civfanatics...we can't turn **** about lag and memory issues firaxis made into gold, if that's what you're asking us..at least not without firaxis releasing the sources for the executable!
go complain at firaxis!

Meow!! :lol:

All kidding aside, great Mod. My only complaint thus far is that I miss the "heroic theme" from version 2, but that was easily fixed on by myself. :goodjob:

Yes it has been a long day....fighting with 10 or so web hosts to get this file downloadable....

Yes it has been a long day....fighting with 10 or so web hosts to get this file downloadable....

You can pm Thunderfall if you want to host a large file.

You can pm Thunderfall if you want to host a large file.

Thanks for the info, but we have it up on almost 4 separate web hosts now...and I don't think CivFanatics needs slowed down by 200 people downloading a 326MB file at once :)

Leaders, Saddam, W and Hitler..

Missiles that load on subs and MLRS launcher should be able to be built in packs. Say an 8 pack takes 15 turns or whatever.

Don't know quite what to suggest.

But it's a bit odd conducting diplomacy through my Llion and his polar bear......Any ideas. Bit like a fantasy game......

Pilotis,
I agree completely. In the visa.ini file under the allegiance mod, you can
turn off the ability to have animals change allegiance and join with civs.
One of the first things I do....

Alondin, Who doesn't speak polar bear

Actually I like the idea of sending in my wolf or bear "diplomat" to tell France or Greece "the way things are going to be from now on" LOL :p

maxbjr wrote:
"Actually I like the idea of sending in my wolf or bear "diplomat" to tell France or Greece "the way things are going to be from now on" LOL :p "

Well, that's why it's an option! We can all be happy! :lol:

Alondin, Master of the Obvious

maxbjr wrote:
"Actually I like the idea of sending in my wolf or bear "diplomat" to tell France or Greece "the way things are going to be from now on" LOL :p "

Well, that's why it's an option! We can all be happy! :lol:

Exactly....we plan on adding more individual 'taste' options in coming patches/versions.

BTW, we are already making fixes for patch v3.10....which will just be fixes/tweaks, nothing new/added.

Dear All. I'm really enjoying ViSa. Take these comments in that light.

1) Love the Bronze cannon. But seems to be way too good with 2 mf at that stage of the game. Mebbe reduce strength to 8.

2) Also love wood chop/ build forest cycle. But again - incrrrredibly powerful if you have the patience.

3) Bombard (here I go again!) Yikes ! I just emptied the city of all enemy units with my mega stack of high mobility bronze cannon. Bombard is woof !!!
It's somehow just too predictable. Is there any way to introduce something like number 4).

4) Morale.

This could be expressed as:

'resilience' - why won't the b*****ds DIE ??? vs I shouted and they ran

So, for example - the last 1 point (or even fraction of a point) of strength would be special with a varying degree of probability of removal depending on morale.

Hmmm. Bit fanciful maybe.

But I would love the idea of a mass of low morale troops packed in a city collapsing with a first assault by high grade recce units vs an elite infantry unit just hanging in against overwhelming odds with the sergeant-major and his one-armed cook, while the armoured corps beat a path. It just can't happen with the current system.

O.K. I know really - ask Firaxis......sigh.

As usual, I would like different civics. While the current ones are a nice change of pace, I think further reform would be nice to eliminate the unnecessary ones.
More thoughts later.

As usual, I would like different civics. While the current ones are a nice change of pace, I think further reform would be nice to eliminate the unnecessary ones.
More thoughts later.

You are 1000% right...not sure we will get to it in v3.10 patch, but I hope so...and any suggestions from the players would help :)

Leif wrote:
"While the current ones are a nice change of pace, I think further reform would be nice to eliminate the unnecessary ones."

One man's (or woman's) unnecessary civ is another person's must have!

Presumably we are discussing tailoring an option when you start a game,
not removing civ's from the choices available.

Leif wrote:
"While the current ones are a nice change of pace, I think further reform would be nice to eliminate the unnecessary ones."

One man's (or woman's) unnecessary civ is another person's must have!

Presumably we are discussing tailoring an option when you start a game,
not removing civ's from the choices available.

Civics actually....and they just need tweaked/changed/balanced....which is alot of work ;)

Top Bottom