"Vive l'Empereur!": another D+3 Succession

WOW! That was quick, particularly considering how long the rest of us have been dawdling over our turns (myself included). Who's up next, is it me or someone else?

Andu Indorin said:
Good Job Jayne!

So, we've had, what, about 7 Guerilla Uprisings in a row ...

Ah yes, the stories of barbarians and they the people they visit. ;)

Well, I'm on my second turn, and the Mongols have been reduced to "pet" status. Next turn, I am planning to have a full spaceship. At that point, I think I will hand the reins to whoever is next. It's hard not to come off the conqueror when you've been left:
99 Engineers
89 Howitzers
33 Stealth Fighters
1 Nuke (which I managed to lose while trying to transfer it across the ocean: sorry, I dropped it in the water . . . )
and 35,286 gold . . .

. . . against one civ with 13 cities.

It's all over now but the point-mongering. :D

1838(0) – HUGE treasury: we rush-buy the improvements currently under construction. Use spies to bribe a few Mongol engineers and units. Move several units to Kashgar and nearby cities in preparation for assaults next turn. Units on the Naples peninsula of continent 13 are re-positioned to Cannae. Plan is to eliminate or subvert the remnants of the barbarian uprising and build the great transcontinental railroad to Zunguin. (In retrospect, a lot of this was stupid. The vast treasury would have been better used to build all the spaceship parts, and moving units to Cannae only made sense if the game was expected to last much longer.)

1840(1) – Not paying sufficient attention, the government collapses. Reconstituted as Fundamentalism. Jihad declared against Mongols. Demand Mongols withdraw their troops (from their cities). Mongols declare war. Vow to “convert” Mongols to the one true gospel. Nishapur investigated: four defenders. Enlist stealth jet from Tabriz: Nishapur falls; refuse contact with Mongols. (Ah, the joys of fundy!) Investigate Bokhara: four defenders. Bokhara falls. Lay rail to Ormuz. Ormuz falls. Basra falls. Kerman falls. Cremona falls. Issus falls. Kabul falls: Mongol government escapes to Cannae. Switch production to spaceship parts.

1842 (2) – (26 Structurals built). Using stealth jets, we eliminate all defenders in Turin, Capua, Cannae, and Crete. Cannae falls, and we burn the Mongol spaceship on its launch pad. Turin is destroyed. Paratroops drop into Crete. Capua captured. Mongols are now reduced to Genoa. Begin selling unnecessary improvements (Barracks, SDI, City Walls) and rush build remaining spaceship parts for full spaceship (disbanding units like a mad man).

1844 (3) – The Napoleon is ready for launch, whenever we decide to push the button. The entire country is in an uproar, but we are back to a democracy. This is where I will stop. Some concluding thoughts:
(1) I have a number of temples under construction, because I forgot myself: at this level (Deity ++) we DO NOT WANT TEMPLES in our cities. I wonder if we even want courthouses (of which, I also have a number under construction).
(2) Lots of freights are waiting around to be delivered . . . .
(3) Whoever plays next will want to adjust the budget slider (currently set at 6.0.4 for the anarchy I induced).
(4) WARNING: Even at the present 40% luxury level, “Cannae” is in disorder. Good luck finding it, as we appear to have two Cannaes, and the one you get with “Find City” is doing just fine.
(5) WARNING: Maybe everyone else is already used to this and it regularly occurs when playing with so many cities, but the practice of using the forward- and back-arrows to page through the cities does not work properly with our vast empire; duplicate names appears to be only part of the problem.

It's been a pleasure. I propose that next time, we limit the number of our cities. This will increase the challenge of winning while at the same time dramatically reducing the burden of playing. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom