VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

Moi Magnus

Emperor
I've made some modpacks I will try to keep up to date with the latest version (though not always up to date with the latest beta version)

It should work for both single player and multiplayer
Link to latest beta version (February 9)
https://mega.nz/#F!Mb5DnDqb!bYm7XACiBry9gg7xpK9RSg
Known issue: top pannel is missing some features (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/6241)
Link to latest beta I've tested (October 8)
https://mega.nz/#F!4XhVjCKR!dkwXlE_BAnbNfNDROWf93w
Link to latest version (July 17)
https://mega.nz/#F!xOhEwAqC!kWxVyy6i8vND8pI-juF5FQ

How to install: https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Install_the_Modpack

Spoiler Content of the last beta version :

Mods_CP_2020-02-09:
  • Community Patch only.
Mods_CP_2020-02-09_EUI:
Warning: not officially supported, so might have some issues.

• Community Patch only.
  • EUI
Mods_VP_2020-02-09_no-EUI:
  • Vox Populi without EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6b), (7a), (7b))
Mods_VP_2020-02-09_EUI:
  • Vox Populi with EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6a), (7a), (7b), and the EUI itself)
Mods_VP_2020-02-09_Improved-Interface:
Warning: You have to open the "Quick Turn" panel to enable or disable the quick mouvement / quick combat options (instead of the standard option panel). Faster aircraft animation is always enabled.

• Vox Populi with EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6a), (7a), (7b), and the EUI itself)
  • (ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 8)
  • (ui) Trade Opportunities for VP (v 9)
  • (ui) Wonder Planner for VP (v 5)
  • Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
  • InfoAddict (v 22)
  • Promotion Flag EUI (v 3)
  • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11.0) with Gazebo compatibility fix.
  • UI - Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • UI - Small Resource Icons (v 4)
  • Quick Turns (v 10) [include Faster Aircraft Animations]
  • Unit Path Viewer (v 10)
  • Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
  • Vox Populi's Bare Necessities (v 4) [Only the automated cities part]
  • zzz_(ui) List Enhancements for VP and PFEUI4VP (v 5)
Among the known bugs:
I believe Quick Turn has a small quirk. After declaring war, your turn would has normal movement and attack animation. Reopen and close the Quick Turn panel would fix this quirk. After reopen and close the Quick Turn panel, I have quick attack and quick combat back in my turn.

Note: Fully compatible with the DLC version of RCI 3.0 (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/redesigned-colors-and-icons-rci-v.24109/)

Mods_VP_2020-02-09_Magnus-Mutatio:
Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events

• Everything in the "Improved Interface" above
  • (7) Community Events (v 5)
  • National Wonder Collection (v 3)
  • Neolithic Wonders (v 1)
  • Vox Populi's Bare Necessities (v 4) [Full mod]
  • More Unique Components for VP (v 57)
  • Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1.6.12.1) [Asterix Rage fix]
  • (build) More Wonders for VP (v 1)
Mods_VP_2020-02-09_Magnus-Mutatio++:
Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events

• Everything in the "Magnus Mutatio" above
  • Civic and Reform (v 12)
  • [BNW] Colonialist Legacies' Tlingit for VP (v 15)
  • Colonialist Legacies' - Phillipine Republic for Vox Populi (v 4)
  • Colonialist Legacies' Canadian Dominion for VP (v 15)
  • Colonialist Legacies' Inuit for VP (v 13)
  • DJSHenninger's Nepal renovated (v 2)
  • JFD's Civilizations - Great Britain (Victoria) for Vox Populi (v 5)
  • JFD's Civilizations - Japan (Meiji) for Vox Populi (v 3)
  • JFD's Civilizations - Japan (Tojo) for Vox Populi (v 9)
  • JFD's Civilizations - Prussia (Frederick) for Vox Populi (v 9)
  • JFD's Civilizations - United States of America (Roosevelt) for Vox Populi (v 7)
  • JFD's The Papal States (Pius IX) for Vox Populi (v 6)
  • MC and LITE's Nubia for VP (v 11)
  • MC's Greece and Macedon Split for VP (v11)
  • Sukritact's Khmer Civilization for VP (v 6)
  • Tomatekh's Sumer for VP (v 19)
  • Tomatekh's Timurids for VP - 4UC Compatible (v 10)

Spoiler Content of the last version :

Mods_CP_2019-07-17:
  • Community Patch only.
Mods_CP_2019-07-17_EUI:
Warning: not officially supported, so might have some issues.

• Community Patch only.
  • EUI
Mods_VP_2019-07-17_no-EUI:
  • Vox Populi without EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6b), (7a), (7b))
Mods_VP_2019-07-17_EUI:
Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Improved-Interface:
Warning: You have to open the "Quick Turn" panel to enable or disable the quick mouvement / quick combat options (instead of the standard option panel). Faster aircraft animation is always enabled.

• (ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 8)
  • (ui) List Enhancements for VP (v 5)
  • (ui) Trade Opportunities for VP (v 8.1)
  • (ui) Wonder Planner for VP (v 4)
  • Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
  • InfoAddict (v 22)
  • Promotion Flag EUI (v 1.1)
  • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11.0) with Gazebo compatibility fix.
  • UI - Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • Quick Turns (v 10) [include Faster Aircraft Animations]
  • Unit Path Viewer (v 10)
  • Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
  • Vox Populi's Bare Necessities (v 4) [Only the automated cities part]
  • Diplomacy Extended (v 1)
Among the known bugs:
I believe Quick Turn has a small quirk. After declaring war, your turn would has normal movement and attack animation. Reopen and close the Quick Turn panel would fix this quirk. After reopen and close the Quick Turn panel, I have quick attack and quick combat back in my turn.

Note: Fully compatible with the DLC version of RCI 3.0 (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/redesigned-colors-and-icons-rci-v.24109/)

Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Magnus-Mutatio:

• Everything in the "Improved Interface" above
  • (7) Community Events (v 5)
  • National Wonder Collection (v 3)
  • Neolithic Wonders (v 1)
  • Vox Populi's Bare Necessities (v 4) [Full mod]
  • Unique City-States (v 6)
  • More Unique Components for VP (v 47)
  • Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1)
Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Magnus-Mutatio++:

• Everything in the "Magnus Mutatio" above
  • Civic and Reform (v 12)
  • (9) Wonders Expanded (v 2)
  • [BNW] Colonialist Legacies' Tlingit for VP (v 10)
  • Colonialist Legacies' Canadian Dominion for VP (v 10)
  • MC's Greece and Macedon Split for VP (v10)
  • Sukritact's Khmer Civilization for VP (v 4)
  • Tomatekh's Timurids for VP - 4UC Compatible (v 10)
  • Tomatekh's Sumer for VP (v 19)
  • JFD's The Papal States (Pius IX) for Vox Populi (v 6)
  • JFD's Civilizations - United States of America (Roosevelt) for Vox Populi (v 6)
  • JFD's Civilizations - Japan (Meiji) for Vox Populi (v 3)
  • JFD's Civilizations - Great Britain (Victoria) for Vox Populi (v 4)

Spoiler Older versions :

Link to previous versions: https://mega.nz/#F!NeBH1QqD!qQvb_hjPAWY6UuSWlP0_5w
Link to latest version I've personnaly played with (December): https://mega.nz/#F!wD51kCZA!mDvrG789tTXkiJmuXdF0MQ

Credits:

A lot of peoples. I will only put here those that are referenced as author in the modinfo files, so I may forget some important contributors:

Vox Populi: "The Community Patch Team", "Civfanatics Community Patch Project Team", Amir Kamal, Asterix Rage, Barathor, Gazebo, Michael "Putmalk", UndeadDevel, William Howard

Imroved Interface: adan_eslavo, bc1, Black.Cobra, Calypso, dylansan, Firebug, Gazebo, Gedemo, gunstarpl, Hypereon, Infixo, Irkalla, janboruta, JFD, jptrrs, knightmare13, LastSword, Leugi, Mosile, Meister Maggi, Moriboe, pienappledan, robk, sukritact, Sylvestrina, TarcisioCM, TheOneHitPupper, Tomatekh, TPangolin, Urdnot_Scott, William Howard

Magnus Mutatio:
adan_eslavo, Artisanix, Blue Ghost, BoOoSs, Envoy, Epsilon, FramedArchitecture, Hammurabi1337, Hinin, Hokath, Infixo, Moriboe, pineappledan, Pouakai, regalmanemperor, Techpriest Enginseer

Magnus Mutatio++:
Colonialist Legacies, DJSHenninger, Infixo, Janboruta, Jarcast, JFD, Leugi, LITE, "More Civilisations", pineappledan, Regalman, Sukritact, SuperWaffle247, Techpriest Enginseer, Tomatekh, Viregel

Modpack System: Cicero225 (Originally: Gedemon)

Last edited:
Neat. If this works out, the thread can get stickied.

I have noticed that with my games when loading RCI or Meaningful Colors as DLC there presents problems. Cannot confirm with recent modpack, but if you do see likewise, recommend removing MC.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...alance-patch-cbp.542679/page-41#post-15296246
This specific issue (impossibility to use workboats and workers) didn't occur for me. But I only tested up to mid classical era, so I probably need more test before saying there is no compatibility problems.

Looking forward trying this out, but I feel like the dust hasn't quite settled on some of these mods yet.

Just finished a game with this modpack. Got to 1976CE on a huge map, standard speed, planet simulator.

Excellent experience. Probably the best modpack out there. The only suggestion I would make is to include the mod Quick Turns. Late game civ is torturous without quickturns on, but that ruins immersion somewhat. The Quick Turns mod solves both problems.

Last edited:
(Warning: "small interface" option required)
If this is due to the fact that ICV v10 required, then please note that the latest version does not. It overwrites both files (normal and smallui version) and therefore can be used regardless of the option chosen.

(9) Wonders Expanded (v 2)
Since you seem to be thorough in credits listings, please note that I am the author of that one :)

If this is due to the fact that ICV v10 required, then please note that the latest version does not. It overwrites both files (normal and smallui version) and therefore can be used regardless of the option chosen.

Since you seem to be thorough in credits listings, please note that I am the author of that one :)

Thank you. And sorry, I forgot to put your name in the second list.

New version, but not yet tested at all (no time, sorry), so probably buggy.

Remark: I added Quick Turn.

Last edited:
I'm glad I found this post :)

A few suggestions, if I may:
-> (8) Events and Decisions (CBO) (v 14)
-> Reforestation (v 8)
-> Worker Mountaineering (v 2)
-> Improvement - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)

Thanks for creating this mod pack!

So I just copy paste extracted Magnus Mutatio in Assets/DLC/ ? I did that but it crashed right away

Last edited:
So I just copy paste extracted Magnus Mutatio in Assets/DLC/ ? I did that but it crashed right away

You need to unzip it.
Put it in Assets/DLC.
Make sure you don't have another modpack, or another copy of "ui_bc1".
Lauch the game and play "normally" (without going trough the mods menu).

If it doesn't works, please try the previous version (december).
I didn't have time to test&debug the january version (still didn't have started a game since the january version), so maybe it doesn't work. While the december version do work for sure.

So, if I use the mod pack, I am limited to the mods in the pack? Can I add additional mods above the "core" mods in the mod pack (via the mods menu)? Its a great pack, but I do miss the following mods: Wonder Race, Submarines Ignore Borders, Scouts Ignore Borders, Militia Defense, Hex Conquer and Release, Faster Aircraft Animation, and Extra Victory Conditions.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently used your modpack (VP_2019-01-15_Magnus_Mutatio) to play with my brother (no barbarians, 6 players). Our games usually started fine but around turns 80 we started to resync every few turns. Are there any settings we need to use to remove the resyncs from occurring?

So, if I use the mod pack, I am limited to the mods in the pack? Can I add additional mods above the "core" mods in the mod pack (via the mods menu)? Its a great pack, but I do miss the following mods: Wonder Race, Submarines Ignore Borders, Scouts Ignore Borders, Militia Defense, Hex Conquer and Release, Faster Aircraft Animation, and Extra Victory Conditions.

Most mods should works. The only rule is "do not enable a mod which is already in the modpack", and "do not use mod that rely on being loaded before or after a mod of the modpack".

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently used your modpack (VP_2019-01-15_Magnus_Mutatio) to play with my brother (no barbarians, 6 players). Our games usually started fine but around turns 80 we started to resync every few turns. Are there any settings we need to use to remove the resyncs from occurring?

Hi, thank you for using my modpack. This isn't normal. As stated before, I didn't have time to test by myself this version, particularly in multiplayer, so it may be a problem introduced one of the mods I've chosen.
You can make a bug report here in case it isn't: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues
(If you have some time to spend, you can try to reproduce it without the additional mods, so just the EUI version or the non-EUI version, or try to see what cause the problem: is it a war? is it some barbarians spawned by a city-state quest or an event? ... ?)

Most mods should works. The only rule is "do not enable a mod which is already in the modpack", and "do not use mod that rely on being loaded before or after a mod of the modpack".

Hi, thank you for using my modpack. This isn't normal. As stated before, I didn't have time to test by myself this version, particularly in multiplayer, so it may be a problem introduced one of the mods I've chosen.
You can make a bug report here in case it isn't: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues
(If you have some time to spend, you can try to reproduce it without the additional mods, so just the EUI version or the non-EUI version, or try to see what cause the problem: is it a war? is it some barbarians spawned by a city-state quest or an event? ... ?)

Thanks for the reply. We faced the same problem even with the EUI and non-EUI only. So, it's not your modpack that causes the resyncs. I think the problem started when our computers need to calculate more in the later turns. My brother has a better PC than me but my PC is also quite good for civ 5 as I'm having Ryzen 5 and RX 480. However, that small difference in calculation time might cause the resyncs. Some posts on the internet tell resyncs might be caused by latency problem but we're playing on lan.

I'm using VP_2019-01-15_Magnus_Mutatio: (Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events)

I can't use quick movement and quick combat in multiplayer.

Can i play with barbarians or do they create problems?

Top Bottom