1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Moi Magnus, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

I've made some modpacks I will try to keep up to date with the latest version (though not always up to date with the latest beta version)

It should work for both single player and multiplayer (see SaveFixForMultiplayer)

Link to latest beta version (April 20th, 2nd hotfix): https://mega.nz/#F!lL5U1KCb!FMo3rnxfBa4UMV47YbvygA

How to install: https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Install_the_Modpack

Mods_CP_2019-04-20:
    • Community Patch only.
    Mods_VP_2019-04-20_no-EUI:
    • Vox Populi without EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6b), (7a), (7b))
    Mods_VP_2019-04-20_EUI:
    • Vox Populi with EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6a), (7a), (7b), and the EUI itself)
    Mods_VP_2019-04-20_Improved-Interface:
    Warning: You have to open the "Quick Turn" panel to enable or disable the quick mouvement / quick combat options (instead of the standard option panel). Faster aircraft animation is always enabled.

• Vox Populi with EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6a), (7a), (7b), and the EUI itself)
    • (ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 8)
    • (ui) List Enhancements for VP (v 5)
    • (ui) Trade Opportunities for VP (v 8.1)
    • (ui) Wonder Planner for VP (v 4)
    • Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
    • InfoAddict (v 22)
    • Promotion Flag EUI (v 1.1)
    • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
    • UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11.0) with Gazebo compatibility fix.
    • UI - Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
    • Quick Turns (v 10) [include Faster Aircraft Animations]
    • Unit Path Viewer (v 10)
    • Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
    • Auto-production Cities (v 1)
    Among the known bugs:
    Note: Fully compatible with the DLC version of RCI 3.0 (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/redesigned-colors-and-icons-rci-v.24109/)

Mods_VP_2019-02-17_Magnus-Mutatio:
    Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events

• Everything in the "Improved Interface" above
    • (7) Community Events (v 5)
    • National Wonder Collection (v 3)
    • Neolithic Wonders (v 1)
    • Vox Populi's Bare Necessities (v 4) [Replace Auto-production Cities]
    • Unique City-States (v 6)
    • More Unique Components for VP (v 44)
    • Civic and Reform (v 12)
    Mods_VP_2019-02-17_(Old)_Magnus-Mutatio:
    Previous version of some mods (Bare Necessities and Unique City-States), and no additional wonders. Don't use it.

Spoiler Older versions :

Link to latest version (February 17th): https://mega.nz/#F!8LwDxCII!BW03zU-kKm6IF6eEt_5Hxg
    Link to latest version I've personnaly played with (December): https://mega.nz/#F!wD51kCZA!mDvrG789tTXkiJmuXdF0MQ
    (Every versions: https://mega.nz/#F!NeBH1QqD!qQvb_hjPAWY6UuSWlP0_5w)

Content:

Mods_CP_2019-02-17:
    • Community Patch only.
    Mods_VP_2019-02-17_no-EUI:
    • Vox Populi without EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6b), (7a), (7b))
    Mods_VP_2019-02-17_EUI:
    Mods_VP_2019-02-17_Improved-Interface:
    Warning: You have to open the "Quick Turn" panel to enable or disable the quick mouvement / quick combat options (instead of the standard option panel)

• (ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 8)
    • (ui) List Enhancements for VP (v 5)
    • (ui) Trade Opportunities for VP (v 8.1)
    • (ui) Wonder Planner for VP (v 4)
    • Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
    • InfoAddict (v 22)
    • Promotion Flag EUI (v 1.1)
    • Promotion Overhaul for VP (v 14)
    • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
    • UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11)
    • UI - Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
    • Quick Turns (v 10) [include Faster Aircraft Animations]
    • Unit Path Viewer (v 10)
    • Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
    Among the known bugs:
    Note: Fully compatible with the DLC version of RCI 3.0 (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/redesigned-colors-and-icons-rci-v.24109/)

Mods_VP_2019-02-17_Magnus-Mutatio:
    Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events

• Everything in the "Improved Interface" above
    • (7) Community Events (v 4)
    • (9) Wonders Expanded (v 2)
    • Unique City-States (v 5)
    • More Unique Components for VP (v 43)
    • Civic and Reform (v 10)
    SaveFixForMultiplayer:

There is currently a known bug, were saving in a multiplayer game "erase" the previous AI turn, making them lose one turn. Unzip this fix from Hotox (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/multiplayer-save-fix.27210/) into your DLC folder, and it will generate one "good save" per turn (so one that does not skip an AI turn). Warning: you will be flooded in saves, because older saves are not automatically erased.

It is fixed in the last beta version.

Credits:

A lot of peoples. I will only put here those that are referenced as author in the modinfo files, so I may forget some important contributors:

Vox Populi: "The Community Patch Team", "Civfanatics Community Patch Project Team", Amir Kamal, Asterix Rage, Barathor, Gazebo, Michael "Putmalk", UndeadDevel, William Howard

Imroved Interface: adan_eslavo, bc1, Black.Cobra, Calypso, dylansan, Firebug, Florian, Gazebo, Gedemo, gunstarpl, Hypereon, Infixo, Irkalla, janboruta, JFD, jptrrs, knightmare13, LastSword, Leugi, Mosile, Meister Maggi, Moriboe, pienappledan, robk, sukritact, Sylvestrina, TarcisioCM, Tomatekh, TPangolin, Urdnot_Scott, William Howard

Magnus Mutatio:
    adan_eslavo, Artisanix, Blue Ghost, BoOoSs, Envoy, Epsilon, FramedArchitecture, Hammurabi1337, Hinin, Hokath, Infixo, Moriboe, pineappledan, Pouakai, regalmanemperor, Techpriest Enginseer,

Modpack System: Cicero225 (Originally: Gedemon)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Neat. If this works out, the thread can get stickied.

3. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Added the 3rd 4th UC, since the version 39 is out!

4. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Moi Magnus likes this.
  5. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

This specific issue (impossibility to use workboats and workers) didn't occur for me. But I only tested up to mid classical era, so I probably need more test before saying there is no compatibility problems.

ryanmusante likes this.
  6. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

7. Basilius

Basilius Chieftain

Just finished a game with this modpack. Got to 1976CE on a huge map, standard speed, planet simulator.

Excellent experience. Probably the best modpack out there. The only suggestion I would make is to include the mod Quick Turns. Late game civ is torturous without quickturns on, but that ruins immersion somewhat. The Quick Turns mod solves both problems.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Moi Magnus likes this.
  8. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

And quick turns includes faster aircraft animations also.

Basilius likes this.
  9. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

I never play without Quick Turns.

Basilius likes this.
  10. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

If this is due to the fact that ICV v10 required, then please note that the latest version does not. It overwrites both files (normal and smallui version) and therefore can be used regardless of the option chosen.

Since you seem to be thorough in credits listings, please note that I am the author of that one :)

Dimmy likes this.
  11. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Thank you. And sorry, I forgot to put your name in the second list.

Infixo likes this.
  12. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

New version, but not yet tested at all (no time, sorry), so probably buggy.

Remark: I added Quick Turn.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Basilius likes this.
  13. akasha27

akasha27 Chieftain

I'm glad I found this post :)

A few suggestions, if I may:
    -> (8) Events and Decisions (CBO) (v 14)
    -> Reforestation (v 8)
    -> Worker Mountaineering (v 2)
    -> Improvement - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)

Thanks for creating this mod pack!

14. Nemu_khao

Nemu_khao Chieftain

So I just copy paste extracted Magnus Mutatio in Assets/DLC/ ? I did that but it crashed right away

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  15. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

You need to unzip it.
    Put it in Assets/DLC.
    Make sure you don't have another modpack, or another copy of "ui_bc1".
    Lauch the game and play "normally" (without going trough the mods menu).

If it doesn't works, please try the previous version (december).
    I didn't have time to test&debug the january version (still didn't have started a game since the january version), so maybe it doesn't work. While the december version do work for sure.

16. Shashou

Shashou Chieftain

So, if I use the mod pack, I am limited to the mods in the pack? Can I add additional mods above the "core" mods in the mod pack (via the mods menu)? Its a great pack, but I do miss the following mods: Wonder Race, Submarines Ignore Borders, Scouts Ignore Borders, Militia Defense, Hex Conquer and Release, Faster Aircraft Animation, and Extra Victory Conditions.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  17. Sein

Sein Chieftain

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently used your modpack (VP_2019-01-15_Magnus_Mutatio) to play with my brother (no barbarians, 6 players). Our games usually started fine but around turns 80 we started to resync every few turns. Are there any settings we need to use to remove the resyncs from occurring?

18. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Most mods should works. The only rule is "do not enable a mod which is already in the modpack", and "do not use mod that rely on being loaded before or after a mod of the modpack".

Hi, thank you for using my modpack. This isn't normal. As stated before, I didn't have time to test by myself this version, particularly in multiplayer, so it may be a problem introduced one of the mods I've chosen.
    You can make a bug report here in case it isn't: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues
    (If you have some time to spend, you can try to reproduce it without the additional mods, so just the EUI version or the non-EUI version, or try to see what cause the problem: is it a war? is it some barbarians spawned by a city-state quest or an event? ... ?)

19. Sein

Sein Chieftain

Thanks for the reply. We faced the same problem even with the EUI and non-EUI only. So, it's not your modpack that causes the resyncs. I think the problem started when our computers need to calculate more in the later turns. My brother has a better PC than me but my PC is also quite good for civ 5 as I'm having Ryzen 5 and RX 480. However, that small difference in calculation time might cause the resyncs. Some posts on the internet tell resyncs might be caused by latency problem but we're playing on lan.

20. zautos

zautos Chieftain

I'm using VP_2019-01-15_Magnus_Mutatio: (Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events)

I can't use quick movement and quick combat in multiplayer.

Can i play with barbarians or do they create problems?