VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

So, if I use the mod pack, I am limited to the mods in the pack? Can I add additional mods above the "core" mods in the mod pack (via the mods menu)? Its a great pack, but I do miss the following mods: Wonder Race, Submarines Ignore Borders, Scouts Ignore Borders, Militia Defense, Hex Conquer and Release, Faster Aircraft Animation, and Extra Victory Conditions.

Is Extra Victory Conditions balanced for VP?

New version.

So, if I use the mod pack, I am limited to the mods in the pack? Can I add additional mods above the "core" mods in the mod pack (via the mods menu)? Its a great pack, but I do miss the following mods: Wonder Race, Submarines Ignore Borders, Scouts Ignore Borders, Militia Defense, Hex Conquer and Release, Faster Aircraft Animation, and Extra Victory Conditions.

No problem, unless those mods rely on being loaded before or after the mods included in the modpack. FAA should not be required, since I think it is included in Quick turns, but I may be wrong (I never used Quick turns and FAA before making those modpacks).

I'm using VP_2019-01-15_Magnus_Mutatio: (Warning: play with the event system enabled. You can still disable all the events)

I can't use quick movement and quick combat in multiplayer.

Can i play with barbarians or do they create problems?

What is the problem with quick movement? You don't see the menu at the top right of your screen to open the Quick movement panel? Or it doesn't work?

Barbarians create frequent desync. Since I play with friends in a very slow paced way (talking about a lot of other stuff), it does not bother me, but if you play a little more seriously, it can be very annoying. It seems that "chill barbarians" reduce the number of desync.

I'm glad I found this post :)

A few suggestions, if I may:
-> (8) Events and Decisions (CBO) (v 14)
-> Reforestation (v 8)
-> Worker Mountaineering (v 2)
-> Improvement - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)

Thanks for creating this mod pack!

I've not followed the current state of Events and Decisions, but I will certainly consider next time I have time to test things.
I'm not really a fan of the other ones, they are in this weird position of "actually changing the balance, but not enough to feel different".

SaveFixForMultiplayer:

There is currently a known bug, were saving in a multiplayer game "erase" the previous AI turn, making them lose one turn. Unzip this fix from Enginseer into your DLC folder, and it will generate one "good save" per turn (so one that does not skip an AI turn). Warning: you will be flooded in saves, because older saves are not automatically erased.

Hopefully, this will not be needed in upcomming version.
This is actually @Hotox's fix. Not mine.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/multiplayer-save-fix.27210/

I've not followed the current state of Events and Decisions, but I will certainly consider next time I have time to test things.
I'm not really a fan of the other ones, they are in this weird position of "actually changing the balance, but not enough to feel different".
srry i just need a random user to choose E&D as my next go-to priority. ;)

I could however make a Pontoon Bridge mod for Vox Populi, giving it various bonuses and improvement tech upgrades if necessary if you want.

srry i just need a random user to choose E&D as my next go-to priority. ;)
awsome!

I could however make a Pontoon Bridge mod for Vox Populi, giving it various bonuses and improvement tech upgrades if necessary if you want.
That would be wonderful, it makes sense that it could have tech upgrade improvements, from an historical and economical point of view

I'm not so sure about Worker Mountaineering, but I've seen the AI use quite a lot Reforestation. This improvement makes ice terrain interesting to settle on mid/late game.

Guys need some help. I copied contents of VP_2019-01-29_Magnus_Mutatio into DLC folder (deleting ui_bc1 folder as instruction suggested) but now Civ just crashes right after intro cinematics. What did I do wrong?

Guys need some help. I copied contents of VP_2019-01-29_Magnus_Mutatio into DLC folder (deleting ui_bc1 folder as instruction suggested) but now Civ just crashes right after intro cinematics. What did I do wrong?

The content should not be directly in your DLC folder, it should be in a a folder named "MODPACK" or "VP_2019-01-29_Magnus_Mutatio" inside your DLC folder.
(For some reason, it seems that some names don't work, probably due to the fact the the DLCs may be loaded in an alphabetical order or something like that)

Can you post a screenshot of your DLC folder?

Wonderful! I am considering doing it myself and here it is.
The VP_2019-01-29_Improved_Interface has almost everything I want, except the below:
  • UI - Show XP in Military Overview (v 2)
  • UI - Upgrade Tree (v 9)
  • UI - Promotion Tree (v 17)
  • Resource Display Hotkey Mod (v 100)
  • (ui) Meaningful Colours (v 7)
  • Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
  • Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3)
  • Unit Path Viewer (v 10)

A side note is that "Promotion Overhaul for VP" is v 12 now.

I think you are familiar with this mod, since it has the same author with one of the mod in the MOD PACK. Don't know why the OP do not incluede it in though.
This one come from steam. When you press R, the game would display resource. When you press R again, the game would toggle resource display off.
If you are not playing steam version of the game, I can upload the file for you since the file is downloaded into my MOD directory.
This is an aesthetic one, which makes digging sites eaiser to distinct. I believe it come from steam too.
It show the path of your units are about to take and has taken. Make it easier to know what is the original purpose of the unit.
It come from steam too.

I think you are familiar with this mod, since it has the same author with one of the mod in the MOD PACK. Don't know why the OP do not incluede it in though.
This one come from steam. When you press R, the game would display resource. When you press R again, the game would toggle resource display off.
If you are not playing steam version of the game, I can upload the file for you since the file is downloaded into my MOD directory.
This is an aesthetic one, which makes digging sites eaiser to distinct. I believe it come from steam too.
It show the path of your units are about to take and has taken. Make it easier to know what is the original purpose of the unit.
It come from steam too.

Show XP in Military Overvew -> The interface was buggy for me. It failed to show the supply cap saying that "I'm not playing with VP". I was too lazy to search from the source of the issue.
Faster Aircraft Animations -> I've read somewhere that "quick turn" include it, but I didn't check if it was true.
The others -> I will give them a look.

Thanks for the details. Regarding Resource Display Hotkey Mod, I hoped it might make finding resources easier or something like that, but I see it just swaps the R and cntrl-R keys. I would vote against this one as I use R to build roads/rails (I like to mix keyboard and mouse actions to reduce RSI risks, especially as some civ sessions can go on for quite a while! I use most of the worker keys, and also move, ranged attack, skip turn and next unit).

Does have the same bug in mutliplayer where EVERYBODY crash trying to pass turn one? : NO event ,chill barbarians, 6 players, 4 AI, VP 1-29-2, Mods : VP, more unique compo(V39), More world wonder.

Does have the same bug in mutliplayer where EVERYBODY crash trying to pass turn one? : NO event ,chill barbarians, 6 players, 4 AI, VP 1-29-2, Mods : VP, more unique compo(V39), More world wonder.

It seems that there is currently a bug in this version, and "at more than 2 human players, the game crashes" has been reported. You can use the December 21st version (the last version before the bug), or wait for my modpack for the february version and hope that it is fixed (but probably not, since the github issue is still open...).

You can find the december version of my modpack here: https://mega.nz/#F!wD51kCZA!mDvrG789tTXkiJmuXdF0MQ

Hope it helps.

Thanks so I'm not the only one ^^, I make my own modpack so I feared the mod mod I use was broken.

New version!

Moved into base Vox Populi:
+ VPPI (now "(7a)")
+ Promotion tree (now "(7b)")

Added:
+ Unit path viewer (v 10)
+ Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)
+ Civic and Reform (v 10) [Magnus Mutatio only]

I also checked, Faster Aircraft Animation is included in Quick Turn.

I may take a look later to the other mods I've said "I will look at", but not now.

Hi Magnus,
I'll answer in English but I'm French as you but that might help others.
A friend and I are loving your modpack , we appreciate it a lot but.... we always have so many desync and crash....
We tried the 4 versions (december, you did 2 in january and the recent feb) . We tried everything we did with Vox Populi but sometimes no desync for 50 turns then desync again
Desactivating barbares helps at first but since some events make them appear, it's really painful to have desync at turn 100... And no barbarians and no events, it's really not the same taste :/
Any idea how to fix that ? :/

Hi Magnus,
I'll answer in English but I'm French as you but that might help others.
A friend and I are loving your modpack , we appreciate it a lot but.... we always have so many desync and crash....
We tried the 4 versions (december, you did 2 in january and the recent feb) . We tried everything we did with Vox Populi but sometimes no desync for 50 turns then desync again
Desactivating barbares helps at first but since some events make them appear, it's really painful to have desync at turn 100... And no barbarians and no events, it's really not the same taste :/
Any idea how to fix that ? :/
Unfortunately no. I usually play with desync (and accept it as longer loading time), and from the dev part, the only guy who understood why desync happened and how to fix it stopped answering without finishing his "fix" (I think it was april last year, he disappeared as suddently as he appeared...).

I'm glad you liked the modpack, though.

Unfortunately no. I usually play with desync (and accept it as longer loading time), and from the dev part, the only guy who understood why desync happened and how to fix it stopped answering without finishing his "fix" (I think it was april last year, he disappeared as suddently as he appeared...).

I'm glad you liked the modpack, though.

That's sad :(
But the problem is that it isn't just a long loading screen for us, we have rollback for the guy who is joining.
It happens nearly everytime on a newborn unit or new production project (if it desync at the end of the turn, the next turn you have to put the production project again or you need to give the same order to your unit that is considerer at just born)...
That means player joining gets sometimes lots of rollback that are really delaying his plays....
Any idea how to fix that ? Don't care about the long loading ....

Top Bottom