VQ07 - Snakes on Pangea!!

There was a milking exploit out there which revolves around being in anarchy continuously to help you avoid military upkeep costs. Not sure if they patched it out or not...

I wasn't sure if being in anarchy would prevent cities from coming out of revolt... it certainly won't hold off most other victory types.

:lol: domination! Well I only kept two Egyptian cities but that was because one was a holy city and the other had a bunch of wonders.

Oh well congradulations on our win guys! :D

bobrath said:
There was a milking exploit out there which revolves around being in anarchy continuously to help you avoid military upkeep costs. Not sure if they patched it out or not...

I wasn't sure if being in anarchy would prevent cities from coming out of revolt... it certainly won't hold off most other victory types.

The exploit you talked abt is Monnsinger's perpetual anarchy ... it works by keep switching civics after anarchy turns to avoid maintenance cost as you mentioned, but it was patched out after 1.52 or 1.61 in that there is 4 turns where you can't switch civis after anarchy (before the patch it was after you change civic, so if your anarchy period is 4 turns or more, you have perpatual anarchy). I am not suggesting you do that (you can't anyway). I am saying you buy yourself 4 turns to go for conquest, and only 4.

--

So anarchy does prevent captured cities from coming out of revolt.... interesting, does it merely postpone the exit from revolt or the countdown to joining your nation?

in other words, if a city has 3 turns of revolt left and you enter a 4 turn anarchy, will the city come out of revolt in 4 or 7 turns?

The one or two cities that popped their borders had far less of an impact then the ones coming out of revolt. Start of my turns we were about 3.5% away from the land domination limit (and way over in terms of population).

I love the red ball of doom Domination movie, but meh!

Congrats guys and was fun playing.

Eektor the fun part about razing is taking out holy cities/wonders just to be really evil.

Domination is good too and my first conquest was with the SG S02 and the movie is cool. Good score too.

Woo! Thanks everyone for the fun game. :dance:

I'm surprised at how easy things were in the end, but two things stood out - the early war with China to net Beijing gave us a strong production center that we could use to stomp everyone around, and... Cossacks are ridiculous. It's probably a good thing they got downgraded in Warlords...

:goodjob: everyone!

Top Bottom