Resource icon

Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) 7.3

Wolfdog updated Warfare Expanded (for MOAR) with a new update entry:

Line Infantry

Made Siege units compatible with the March 2018 update. Mostly AI tag changes.
Added Line Infantry to Ballistics as Anti Cavalry unit for the Industrial era.
Moved Pike & Shot to Gunpowder to more evenly space out the Anti Cavalry line.
Changed Pike & Shot and Tercio to upgrade to Line Infantry.
Moved Naval Infantry to Military Science mainly because Rifling was looking a bit full.
Added an ability to the Attack Submarine giving it a bonus of +15 vs naval raider & +5 vs other warships when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm curious what you ended up doing with the Line Infantry (i.e. formation, animation)?
Removed the light tank model from Armored Cavalry to keep it to a WW1 era look.
:( I understand the reason, but I liked the model. Speaking of which, will you update the Modbuddy Assets at some point? (No rush, just wondering.)

I'm curious what you ended up doing with the Line Infantry (i.e. formation, animation)?

:( I understand the reason, but I liked the model. Speaking of which, will you update the Modbuddy Assets at some point? (No rush, just wondering.)
I know, it was not an easy decision to make but I think it needed to be a WW1 era model. I may add it in again and have 2 Atomic era Light Cavalry units. It just won't be available for very long until you get a helicopter.

I will get those assets updated shortly.

You should add the WWII light tank as a separate unit again for the sake of consistency and all those (like me:)) who play real long games. What model you chose in the end for the line infantry?

Before, there was no problem with this mod, now has appeared. How can this problem be corrected?

Attachments

• 2fbf1-clip-35kb.png
    2fbf1-clip-35kb.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 373
Before, there was no problem with this mod, now has appeared. How can this problem be corrected?
You need to update your Civ 6 to the latest update. These tags were introduced in the March 2018 update. If I don't include them the people who have up to date versions of Civ 6 will have siege units that can move and shoot in the same turn.

Last edited:
I'm getting the Failed to release save point error when creating games. Here's the only instance of the error found in modding.log:

UpdateDatabase - Loading Data/WarfareExpanded_Units_Changes.sql
[1072260.389] ERROR: Failed to release save point.

This isn't fixed by the workaround as it's not a DLC related problem unfortunately. Any tips?

Are you running the latest version of Civ 6, MOAR Units and Warfare Expanded?
Are you running mac or pc or liniux version?
Is there anything in database.log?
What other mods are you running?

I have the same problem.
Last update of this mod and last update of the mod Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.9 ALPHA did not work any more. When creating a game, the loading screen with the player chosen (random) does not appear and you return to main menu.

Bye!

I have the same problem.
Last update of this mod and last update of the mod Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.9 ALPHA did not work any more. When creating a game, the loading screen with the player chosen (random) does not appear and you return to main menu.

Bye!
I don't have the error in my logs so I have no way of knowing whats wrong. If you post your modding.log and database.log files I may be able to work out whats wrong. It sounds like its clashing with another mod but I can't tell which one with out your log files.

Your mod was the right reason, why i should start playing civ VI !
I was modding civ V a bit and i had a lot of almost same ideas (like a ship of the line, galleon, predreadnought, motorized inf, snipers, line inf, marines...) but my mod was not succesful like yours (fullfilled with bugs that makes the game to crash), so i surrenderred.

But i have bunch of ideas, how to improve your mod:
1)Decrease range from "ship of the line" and "galleon" to 2, 3 is IMO too much for midgame. While range 2 for unit "artillery" is IMO bit underpowered. Increase it to 3, like it was in civ V.

2)Siege units are very OP. (Not sure what you have done in v7.3, Im still playing with 7.2, but is "update under way") They have strengh very close to meele units in late game.
set it to: "trebuchet"=31/43 (strengh/bombing strengh), "bombard"=41/53, "howitzer"=50/63, "artillery"=58/72, "mobile arty"=66/81, "rocket arty"=73/90,
"assault gun"=65/76, "self proppelled gun"(next to rocket arty it looks useles)=72/85

3)Move the "UAV" to "automated gun" promotion and upgrade line. Set the gatling gun to 57/57 (like in civ V, ranged str is same like strengh), "machine gun" set to 72/72 and "UAV" set to 80/80.

4)Add "skirmisher" to early industrial era as sniper unit. Maybe somethink like 52/55. (Oops, "Ranger" is already there) Move "sniper" to modern era, maybe "replaceable parts". Because his stats fits the modern era much more than the atomic. (dont forget to change description)
Give the "Information era sniper" ability to paradroop. Just for fun.

5)More paratroopers!

6)Move "battleship" to early Atomic era (WWII) and add "dreadnought" in early modern era (instead of battleship). Models could be found in my old civ V mod. There you can find many models for both battleship and dreadnought (and pre dreadnought too), so you can add them as unique models for other nations.

7)Guided missile, more variation. I hope, they can techically work in the same way as the nukes do. Can be stored on missile destroyer, missile cruiser and attack sub.

8)Small bonus for naval meele vs naval bombard, somethink like +15℅ strengh.
And some bonus, if still is not there, for light cavalry vs siege and ranged. Just for balance purpose.

9)The transition between rennesaince and industrial era is terrible. I am missing somethink there. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-enlightenment-era.551446/ THIS !!! I used this in my old civ V mod. Now i am missing it. If you (or some other modder) is going to add it, then we have a lot of new work. :
Move "ship of the line" and "frigate" and "corvette" here. Move "galleon" to rennesance. Add lioght naval ranget unit "Carrack" next to the galleon. It would be as a part of the naval ranged line. Use model from Civ V "Nau" or from current civ VI caravel. (The ship in Civ VI named aravel is actually a carrack) then add new unit model for caravela from civ V.
Move "line infantry" and "skirmisher" (now, ranger is industrial sniper, while skirmisher is englihtment sniper) and "field gun" and "naval infantry" and "howitzer" and "lancer" and "cuiraseer" to englihtment era. Now, we have some missing units in industrial era , but one day we will fill them. Change city defend unit art in medieval to trebuchet and in rennesaince to bombard, in enlightment era to field gun( or rather to howitzer if we would have another industrial era siege unit). This giant changes are because units from early industrial are actually from earlier Napoleonic wars. And the rennesaince era in vannila is quite too long (1500-1850). The englihtment era now would be from 1700 to 1850, while rennesaince would be 1500-1700. Models of skirmishers and many more could be found in my old civ V mod.

Here is my old mod, models are not my work, the core of the mod is also not my work. But i think, you are free to use any models and icons in your mod.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-8oxzSx95wiondyivNFJMVHe6cVYgnQ/view?usp=sharing
I hope, it is visible to you, if not contact me.

Last edited:
Your mod was the right reason, why i should start playing civ VI !
I was modding civ V a bit and i had a lot of almost same ideas (like a ship of the line, galleon, predreadnought, motorized inf, snipers, line inf, marines...) but my mod was not succesful like yours (fullfilled with bugs that makes the game to crash), so i surrenderred.

But i have bunch of ideas, how to improve your mod:
1)Decrease range from "ship of the line" and "galleon" to 2, 3 is IMO too much for midgame. While range 2 for unit "artillery" is IMO bit underpowered. Increase it to 3, like it was in civ V.

2)Siege units are very OP. (Not sure what you have done in v7.3, Im still playing with 7.2, but is "update under way") They have strengh very close to meele units in late game.
set it to: "trebuchet"=31/43 (strengh/bombing strengh), "bombard"=41/53, "howitzer"=50/63, "artillery"=58/72, "mobile arty"=66/81, "rocket arty"=73/90,
"assault gun"=65/76, "self proppelled gun"(next to rocket arty it looks useles)=72/85

3)Move the "UAV" to "automated gun" promotion and upgrade line. Set the gatling gun to 57/57 (like in civ V, ranged str is same like strengh), "machine gun" set to 72/72 and "UAV" set to 80/80.

4)Add "skirmisher" to early industrial era as sniper unit. Maybe somethink like 52/55. (Oops, "Ranger" is already there) Move "sniper" to modern era, maybe "replaceable parts". Because his stats fits the modern era much more than the atomic. (dont forget to change description)
Give the "Information era sniper" ability to paradroop. Just for fun.

5)More paratroopers!

6)Move "battleship" to early Atomic era (WWII) and add "dreadnought" in early modern era (instead of battleship). Models could be found in my old civ V mod. There you can find many models for both battleship and dreadnought (and pre dreadnought too), so you can add them as unique models for other nations.

7)Guided missile, more variation. I hope, they can techically work in the same way as the nukes do. Can be stored on missile destroyer, missile cruiser and attack sub.

8)Small bonus for naval meele vs naval bombard, somethink like +15℅ strengh.
And some bonus, if still is not there, for light cavalry vs siege and ranged. Just for balance purpose.

9)The transition between rennesaince and industrial era is terrible. I am missing somethink there. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-enlightenment-era.551446/ THIS !!! I used this in my old civ V mod. Now i am missing it. If you (or some other modder) is going to add it, then we have a lot of new work. :
Move "ship of the line" and "frigate" and "corvette" here. Move "galleon" to rennesance. Add lioght naval ranget unit "Carrack" next to the galleon. It would be as a part of the naval ranged line. Use model from Civ V "Nau" or from current civ VI caravel. (The ship in Civ VI named aravel is actually a carrack) then add new unit model for caravela from civ V.
Move "line infantry" and "skirmisher" (now, ranger is industrial sniper, while skirmisher is englihtment sniper) and "field gun" and "naval infantry" and "howitzer" and "lancer" and "cuiraseer" to englihtment era. Now, we have some missing units in industrial era , but one day we will fill them. Change city defend unit art in medieval to trebuchet and in rennesaince to bombard, in enlightment era to field gun( or rather to howitzer if we would have another industrial era siege unit). This giant changes are because units from early industrial are actually from earlier Napoleonic wars. And the rennesaince era in vannila is quite too long (1500-1850). The englihtment era now would be from 1700 to 1850, while rennesaince would be 1500-1700. Models of skirmishers and many more could be found in my old civ V mod.

Here is my old mod, models are not my work, the core of the mod is also not my work. But i think, you are free to use any models and icons in your mod.
..........here is going to be the URL for the file, tomorow.............
I hope, it is visible to you, if not contact me.
Hi Penkover,

1. Artillery in Civ 6 get +1 range with the Observation balloon and Drone so this would bump it to a range of 4 which would be a bit OP IMO. I will think about the Galleon suggestion.

2. I have not modified the Siege unit stats other than the ones I have added and they are designed to fit in between base game siege units. But I see your point there melee ability should be way low.

3. Good idea about the UAV I like it.

4&5. I was thinking of changing snipers to paratroopers as the SpecOps units has pretty much made them redundant. Problem is Firaxis have not released the art assets for the R&F expansion so while I can give units the paratrooper ability and it works I can't animate the paradrop without access to the art files. So any unit that I give the paradrop ability to will teleport and looks really stupid without the animations.

6. If time permits I want to move all the Modern era ships to atomic era and add WW1 era ships like Dreadnought's to the modern era.

7. Explored this before and still not technically possible as far as I am aware.

8. Good idea that can be done.

9. No room without the Enlightenment era mod and I have no plans to make one.

I have posted my project files here on Civfinatics so you can have a crack at modifying as you see fit if you like.

Last edited:
I didnt know it about artillery, if its, then is OK. Thanks for tip.
Readded the link. Here it is again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-8oxzSx95wiondyivNFJMVHe6cVYgnQ/view?usp=sharing
As a core, i have used this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464817218&searchtext=
here is some decoy:
Spoiler Decoy :

About the paratrooper, Is possible to use art from older civ?

+Bug report: I got only 1 corvette in city with Venetian arsenal...
Unfortunately its not that simple to use the paratrooper art from Civ 5 as Civ 6 unit assets are put together differently than Civ 5 so without the Civ 6 unit to reference I have no idea what to do with it.

Yeah the Venetian arsenal thing. I have looked into that before but from what I could see it looked hard coded as to which ships were included in it. Maybe I missed something but I don't think its possible without access to the dll.

Hi Wolfdog, it seems I have a really pestering issue, I am not sure if anybody experienced it as well?
If I buy, or upgrade to or make a Landship, game goes black screen, CTD with a window to send log to devs.
I have tested it with new game, multiple different scenarios, I have tested it with 7.0 7.1 and 7.3 Warfare expanded as well. (I have tried with an unpatched R&F with 7.0 and fully patched with 7.3 -same result)
I am getting random crashes like this when other civs are making their moves in that era, so I suspect they try to build a landship and when it is done - insta CTD.
I love your mod, other units are turning up nicely and without a problem, but this is like a ticking time bomb, if the enemy ever attempts to build them - game over forever, as you cannot change what they are building.
I am not sure if the issue with the mod itself, or compatibility issue with my other mods, so I will write down here all the mods I am using:

Ai+ 12.0
Brothel building
Fish farms
Moar units 1.2
R.E.D. for moar units
R.E.D for rise and fall
R.E.D. warfare expanded
Real Great people
Realistic research lite 1.01
Sink those transports
Smoother difficulty
Warfare expanded (rise and fall 7.3)

Using Win 7 on PC.
Database log:

[2790815.963] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[2790815.963] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[2790818.399] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790818.399] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[2790818.405] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790818.405] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2790823.782] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[2790823.990] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790824.000] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2790824.948] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790824.948] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2790843.557] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2790853.797] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790853.798] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2790857.656] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790857.670] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2790868.945] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2790869.293] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2790870.204] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

I dont know if it should be like that but...my Modding.log seems weird:

[2790824.152] Mod Art Files - Loading VikingScenario.dep
[2790824.160] Mod Art Files - Loading Expansion1.dep
[2790824.173] Mod Art Files - Loading DLC6.dep
[2790824.174] Mod Art Files - Loading RED_MOAR_Units.dep
[2790824.175] Mod Art Files - Loading AlexanderScenario.dep
[2790824.178] Mod Art Files - Loading VikingsLandmarks.dep
[2790824.178] Mod Art Files - Loading RED MWE.dep
[2790824.178] Mod Art Files - Loading DLC2.dep
[2790824.179] Mod Art Files - Loading DLC5.dep
[2790824.191] Mod Art Files - Loading NubiaScenario.dep
[2790824.193] Mod Art Files - Loading MOAR_Units.dep
[2790824.196] ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path.

and this error message repeats for like 100 times.

Is this normal?

Could you please please pretty please look into this? I cannot play civ 6 without your mod as it is so great, but as it is now the game is unplayable.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Wolfdog, it seems I have a really pestering issue, I am not sure if anybody experienced it as well?
If I buy, or upgrade to or make a Landship, game goes black screen, CTD with a window to send log to devs.
I have tested it with new game, multiple different scenarios, I have tested it with 7.0 7.1 and 7.3 Warfare expanded as well. (I have tried with an unpatched R&F with 7.0 and fully patched with 7.3 -same result)
I am getting random crashes like this when other civs are making their moves in that era, so I suspect they try to build a landship and when it is done - insta CTD.
I love your mod, other units are turning up nicely and without a problem, but this is like a ticking time bomb, if the enemy ever attempts to build them - game over forever, as you cannot change what they are building.
I am not sure if the issue with the mod itself, or compatibility issue with my other mods, so I will write down here all the mods I am using:

Ai+ 12.0
Brothel building
Fish farms
Moar units 1.2
R.E.D. for moar units
R.E.D for rise and fall
R.E.D. warfare expanded
Real Great people
Realistic research lite 1.01
Sink those transports
Smoother difficulty
Warfare expanded (rise and fall 7.3)

Using Win 7 on PC.
Database log:

[2790815.963] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[2790815.963] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[2790818.399] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790818.399] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[2790818.405] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790818.405] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2790823.782] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[2790823.990] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790824.000] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2790824.948] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790824.948] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2790843.557] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2790853.797] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790853.798] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2790857.656] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2790857.670] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2790868.945] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2790869.293] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2790870.204] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

I dont know if it should be like that but...my Modding.log seems weird:

[2790824.152] Mod Art Files - Loading VikingScenario.dep
[2790824.160] Mod Art Files - Loading Expansion1.dep
[2790824.173] Mod Art Files - Loading DLC6.dep
[2790824.174] Mod Art Files - Loading RED_MOAR_Units.dep
[2790824.175] Mod Art Files - Loading AlexanderScenario.dep
[2790824.178] Mod Art Files - Loading VikingsLandmarks.dep
[2790824.178] Mod Art Files - Loading RED MWE.dep
[2790824.178] Mod Art Files - Loading DLC2.dep
[2790824.179] Mod Art Files - Loading DLC5.dep
[2790824.191] Mod Art Files - Loading NubiaScenario.dep
[2790824.193] Mod Art Files - Loading MOAR_Units.dep
[2790824.196] ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path.

and this error message repeats for like 100 times.

Is this normal?

Could you please please pretty please look into this? I cannot play civ 6 without your mod as it is so great, but as it is now the game is unplayable.
Many thanks.
Hi Metaton, log files look clean. That repeated message is only because Deliverator does some trick with MOAR where he does not re-cook base game textures into his blp (art) files to save room.

The mods you are using look OK with the exception Realistic research lite 1.01 may give you tech tree path issues but not a ctd with Landship. The only other thing is there possibly may be an error in R.E.D. warfare expanded for the Landship. Try disabling this and see if it still crashes. If it is I should be able to fix it.

also you don't need sink those transports anymore, that functionality is already in the game since last year's fall patch iirc

Top Bottom