warhammer 40k mod

Hey, everything I knew about WH I learned from the mod, and my first post (on a forum, ever) was me charging in and yelling out things that need to be changed, dammit. Some of them were proven wrong, some of them got accepted (yay!). I think I read every word on the GW-WH section. And, since recently I have the WH40k section bookmarked (I`m DL-ing the artwork) so I could snoop around. Anyway, check my new sig :)

Quinzy wasn't even around yet, GF....

As for this mod, I'm interested in contributing, especially once I get the FF mod finished...

Unfortunately, my knowledge of the WH 40K universe is limited to two of the Codices that one of my friends (who was a big 40K player) had lying around, so I know some basic stuff about the various races.... And have come to the realization that Starcraft is nothing but a cheap ripoff of 40K. :p

Even now, I'm preparing to start on a unit project that will be primarily an Orcish Warmachine for my FF mod, but (since the original Warmachines in FF XI looked kinda goofy), I'm also partially basing off of Ork Gargants, so they could just as easily fit that bill as well (especially since Gargants are all custom built).

I've even bookmarked the original unit database for future reference, so anyone attempting to re-start the mod will know where any useable units are and what they are.

Here it is, for whomever wants to use it

And Goldflash, I've been working on the Final Fantasy mod for almost 2 years now, with just about 0 support from the community for the first year... and even now, I've only had 2 unit makers make specific units FOR the mod (Orthanc with the Ragnarok and White SeeD ship, and Sword of Geddon with the Turk, that still needs to be re-done before I can use it), and some graphics help from Spacer One....

Of course, over the time I've been plugging away at this mod, I've been tempted to quit several times, but my sheer stubbornness and desire to see this project through manages to run roughshod over any such impulses to do so.

I'll help do grunt work after Playground's done. (which is set at the end of March)

well i cant make anything graphically worth a horsehockye, however, i will lend what ever support i can to do a 40k mod...i'm also in the very tinkering stage of an anime mecha mod...to me it all about building relationships with the people you need to know, and learning all you can...i started reading in the threads for OpenFx or something like that, and i plan on getting the paintshop pro to do what ever else...as well as helping with palletes, but thats going to take alot of time for me to get together as we are trying to get into a house...i'm a massively huge fan of 40k and have been ever since i found it in canada way before it got released in the US...so dont lose faith i think civ next to steel panthers II is the best strat game i've ever played...i also want to appologize for starting this thread here...i'll start another and redirect these discussions there...

elgato

you can also reach me at mecha_mod@hotmail.com

I can do some pcx work. Tech Icons/city graphics.Just let me know what you need and i'll do my best....

goldflash: well, any help i can do, i shall. i love 40k. anything needed, just ask.

Sorry for small necromancy - I don't check these forums much anymore.

Personally, I think one of the reasons the mod went under was the complete lack of anything to show. It would have been nice to have something which could be played without all the completed units, but instead with placeholders. Given the units made at the moment you could probably get a fairly good scenario going, with maybe a few small additions.

Last time I checked there were about ~160 units on the request list, about 50 of which had been made. Given that (being a slow person) each unit took me up to 10 hours each, you can see quite how much work was required for all these units - for 2 unit creaters at an average of 8 hours a unit it would take 26 days solid to make them all. Making units is time consuming.

If anybody wants them I think I've got a couple of units on my computer almost ready for rendering - I could email them to somebody (in OpenFX format... if anybody still uses that :p) if they want them.

and IG too, given all the modern infantry units out now.

and prolly chaos too, using the SM units and Lost and The Damned, using some zombie and infantry units.

all we need is some more SM and Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Necron, Daemon Huntrers and Sisters of Battle
fancy a challenge Aaglo? :mischief:

imperial guard, yes.

just to let everyone know, i have every single codex, cept the new tau one.
so i'll be able to help with the unit trees and stats

I also happen to have (on my HD) a Chaos Spacemarine LH animations that Smoking Mirror made that I converted into proper FLC format for him, but at the time I couldn't upload them to the server (due to extremely slow and crappy connection I had back then).... I could also see about making PCX files for it and uploading, if this mod gets back up off the ground....

please do!

i really want to see this, and will do everything in my power to make it so.
i can start on collecting units or making unit or techtrees or whatever.

dont worry, i will :D

some ideas for unit lines:

Traitor Marines (Chaos)

king unit:
lieutenant - lord - sorceror lord - daemon prince

units:

chosen - chosen w/flamer - chosen terminator w/flamer - chosen terminator w/ reaper autocannon

possessed - possessed w/ visage - possessed w/ daemon fire - possessed w/ mutation

obliterator w/ power fist - obliterator w/ combi melta - obliterator w/ lascannon

traitor marine - traitor marine w/ plasmagun - traitor marine w/ autocannon

raptor - raptor w/ flamer - raptor w/ plasma gun

biker - biker w/ twin linked (melta or plasma, i can't decide..)

havoc w/heavy bolter - havoc w/ auto cannon - havoc w/ lascannon

dreadnought w/twin linked heavy bolter - dreadnought w/ twin linked autocannon - dreadnought w/ twin linked lascannon

defiler - defiler w/ havoc launcher - dafiler w/ twin linked lascannon

land raider - land raider w/ pintle combi-bolter - land raider w/ havoc launcher

rhino - rhino w/ extra armour - rhino w/ mutated hull

predator - predator w/ heavy bolter - predator w/ lascannon

nurgling - plague bearer - great unclean one

bloodletter - bloodthirster

horror - screamer - lord of change

daemonette - keeper of secrets

--------------------------------

wonder/building produced units:

chaos hound - flesh hound

chaos spawn

furie - raptor

cultist - cultist w/ grenades - cultist w/ meltabombs

familiar - thrall wizard

------------------

thats it for now. what do ye think?

i'm bored so i'll do a Lost and The Damned list too:

king unit:
champion - champion w/ power weapon - champion w/ power fist - champion w/ lightning claw

units:

big mutant- big mutant w/ firearm -big mutant w/ heavy stubber

traitor - traitor w/ heavy stubber - traitor heavy bolter team - traitor autocannon team

mutant - mutant w/ laspistols - mutant w/ flamer equivalent - mutant w/ heavy stubber

rough rider - rough rider w/ hunting lances - rough rider w/ meltagun

leman russ battle tank - leman russ demolisher - leman russ demolisher w/ multi meltas

----------------------
building produced units:

chaos hound

chaos spawn

----------------------

thay also get to use the traitor marine unit line.

sry guys i've been away for a few days now, will try to gather up all the available resources into a solid piece of information and parse out whats exactly there and put it in a list, and yes we could possibly do something for place holders just to get the mod up and running taking some presure off of unit makers to churn out such a large amount of units in a small ammount of time...will keep this thread treading...

out...

Top Bottom