1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by mrtn, Dec 19, 2006.

1. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Yeah, that happens when there are more units in the resource entry than spaces for them. usually, you just keep pressing 'ok' until the popup closes. I think that happens for iron as well

2. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

That's a bug we can't do anything about, unfortunately. It also happens for Iron and Horses, and I think Beasts as well. Just don't click on them in the pedia.

3. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

4. blue13326

blue13326 Chieftain

OK, so if I'd just kept clicking through rather than try to close the box, it would've worked itself out.

Anyway, it's a very impressive mod and was a lot of fun to play.

5. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

whenever that notice comes up for me, i just hold eneter until the notice finishes popping up. Sometimes, though, the game will crash if i do that for too long. ;)

glad you like the mod like i do.

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Hi, here via Kairob's signature link. That mod definitely looks interesting, and it's clear that its makers had paid much attention to both detail and flavour here. BTW, the creators of Warhammer lore just love Fantasy Counterpart Cultures, don't they?

7. cfish

cfish Chieftain

First of all, thanks a lot for putting together this incredible mod... that's just incredible!! :king:

I just started playing and I really enjoy it, even better than the classic civ... one question: I am trying the elves and I produced elf arcers and glade guards... in the civilopedia and in the unit stats is written theny can bombard enemy units, however the "bombard" icon is not available when I select these units... is this a bug or I am doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot!!

Cfish

8. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

I just checked both these units. They have defensive bombardment only. That is they have a range of zero, which means you can't bombard somthing in an adjacent square, but they will fire off pot shots that can cause 1 HP of damage to enemy units that attack the stack or city they are in.

The civilopedia didn't seem to say anything about them being able to bombard at all. Didn't even mention defensive bombardment as far as I could see.

9. cfish

cfish Chieftain

Thanks a lot mate, that makes a lot of sense... I am just a newbie, sorry for the stupid question! :)

10. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

No worries mate, it wasn't that long ago that I was the one asking the stupid questions, actually I still regularly ask them. In fact I'd still call myself a newb too :lol: Your question just happened to be something I do know about.

11. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

great mod.is 2.5 version going to be updated,fixing bugs(idont see many)or adding more things to the game

12. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Hm? I don't know of any bugs in the 2.51 version.

13. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

yes there are no bugs but even if wh is a great mod in my oppinion it needs more techs and buildings .is an update like that going to happen

.i ha an idea for a new building that would reduce corruption and maintenance .are building slots available

14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

I can't speak for the modmakers but I doubt very much that there will be any further updates, the last patch was a long time ago.

15. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

Magnificent mod , i just love it
    Great Works you(to the creator and other helpers) did to create Warhammer fantasy 2.5 ,:goodjob:Brilliant work

16. w.s.burroughs

w.s.burroughs Chieftain

Hi!

I'm pretty impressed by this mod (as well as whole site), however i have a problem with map WH2.5.biq atached to this mod. The program don't see this map (start to generate random) and when I try to open it in Civ3mapEditor I see only flat field. I thought that file is coruptted, but as i read this topic I see that nobody has written about problems with this file. Am I doing something wrong?

I use Civ3 congest 1.22 on win Xp and don't have problem with others map from this site. how can I play on this map? Please help.

17. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

You're not doing anything wrong, the mod just doesn't come with a map. It's meant to be played on random maps. There are some user-made maps for this mod in the Custom Maps section of this site, however.

18. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

19. d-love3

d-love3 Chieftain

i've just downloaded the mod and patch but sometimes when i play a message pops up saying
    "CANNOT FIND FILE
    blahblahblah/Art/Medieval Japanese Settler/Medieval Japanese Settler.INI
    game will now exit"
    this has happened at various stages of the game but usually within the first few turns, does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

20. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Looks like you don't have the Japanese units that were included with Civ3: Play the World but not Civ3:Complete. Firaxis released them as a download on this site but I can't seem to find it. Anyone?