[We the People] Bug reporting

Then I loaded an auto save.
Please check the Auto Save if it was before you already had that event. :thumbsup:
Suddenly the game starts prompting me to decide whether I want extra liberty bells, extra food (or the other option you have). It's the same prompt you get when you first start a settlement.
That should only happen if the event had not triggered already. :confused:
Is this a known bug? Should I upload a save game?
No, it is completely unkown and unexplainable two me that the event should trigger twice in the same game. :think:
Should I upload a save game?
Not necessarily for now, we should be able to test it internally. :thumbsup:
But you can, if you like.

Could not reproduce the bug with the "First Colony Event" happening twice in same game. :dunno:
Never happened to my knowledge before either.

@Zomgy
Are you sure it was the same event?
Is your AutoSave maybe befor the event had occurred?

Last edited:
Could not reproduce the bug with the "First Colony Event" happening twice in same game. :dunno:
Never happened to my knowledge before either.

@Zomgy
Are you sure it was the same event?
Is your AutoSave maybe befor the event had occurred?

Yes it was the same event and this was turn 10 or so.

Another problem also occured with this bug, which might given you more insight.

As soon as the autosave is loaded (keep in mind this is turn 10 or so) it asks me to specify the profession of one of the citizens in my colony (I had only one city).

This is a citizen I already had working on a tile to produce food as a farmer.

After I specify the citizen's profession, it asks me to do it again. And again, and again, endlessly. If I click it fast enough, the "first colony event" triggers, and that never ends either...

--------------
I also can't reproduce this bug either. It definitely happened though.

Courtierevent.jpg

In order to regain...? Control?

Well but shortening the text a tiny bit should be easy.
If nobody disagrees, we could do it like that. :dunno:

Edit:
It was fixed and will be included in upcoming "Improvement Release".
(Text was shortened a tiny bit and a small spelling error was corrected.)
Thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Current game, event fires: Get a native convert who fled his tribe (+1 Native Convert) or sell him back to his tribe for +1 relations with Logan and SUBTRACT money from me...?

+1 relations seems already enough to me, as I think it allows better bartering. However if I sell him back to his tribe then I would expect that gold is added and not subtracted from me.

Nativeforsale.jpg

However if I sell him back to his tribe then I would expect that gold is added and not subtracted from me.
That is already fixed in current internal version. :thumbsup:
(We had an issue for this already. The spelling error "give hin" is also fixed.)

Is there a way to know which bugs still to report when the newest beta version for download ist not the most recent version the team is working on?
The bug had still existed until today. :)
I just fixed it like a minute ago, when I read your post.

If people really like to support us with testing our internal release candidates or other small tasks, we would of course give them access to our internal community (incl. team chat).
(Basically almost every current or former modder that is still interested in Civ4Col modding is already a member of it.)

There all information is available in a channel. (It notifies the internal community members about all changes committed/pushed to GitHub.)
Also you could check the "commit/push history" on GitHub. (It is just the same information.)

Last edited:
When buying ships in Europe the Frigate is missing the descriptive line about her cargo hold, e.g.
the Sloop has "cargo space: 1", the Privateer "cargo space: 2 (goods only)" but the Frigate only has the text that it can capture the cargo of defeated ships but no info about how much cargo it could hold.

I did the scenario download from ‟Realistic Start” in RAR.

Here's what Marla_Singer said: Now if you want something even more historically immersive, there is the scenario "1650 AD" .

I don't know though if it's still compatible with RAR version 2.7 (it was built at the time of version 2.2). I should check that. As a matter of fact, it could be interesting to see how the improved AI behave now.

Anyway, if you want to download it, it's right here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/scenario-americas-1650ad-lets-rewrite-history.23564/

I liked her suggestion and right now I'm playing the "1650 AD" scenario on "We the People". I tried the first 50 turns for all the colonies except Russia.

Denmark, far to the north, and Sweden with one small surrounded settlement look like they're the most challenging.

I played France up to 1705 when it crashed. I started again back a few turns and it crashed again at the same date.

My next try was Sweden. The strategy was to get a second settlement in the New Orleans area, abandon the vulnerable site between France and England, and then start settling the North America interior. That worked well up to 1712 when the game crashed.

Two crashes make me suspect it could be an ongoing problem.

If there's an easy fix that would be great. I realize the map is the same every time but that's okay. Chess players often replay classic games to see where small changes make a big difference.

I described the problem in that ‟Realistic Start” thread for RAR but raystuttgart had a better suggestion:

Hi Kendon,

I can not guarantee that "1650 AD" scenario really still works in WTP (because I have not checked).
However, please do not post here in old RaR forum if you are experiencing problems using WTP.

Please post in our new "We the People" forum.

I can not guarantee that "1650 AD" scenario really still works in WTP (because I have not checked).
However, please do not post here in old RaR forum if you are experiencing problems using WTP.

Please post in our new "We the People" forum.
Please ideally use this thread for bug reporting.

The scenario "1650 AD" was never officially integrated in RaR or now WTP so it was simply not maintained.
If Marla_Singer would like to, it could be intgrated and thus maintained to stay compatible with our future releases.

Marla_Singer would of course keep all credits.
(All I will do is to make sure that it is still / again compatible.)

I will ask her, if she would like that.

Two crashes make me suspect it could be an ongoing problem.
I described the problem in that ‟Realistic Start” thread for RAR but raystuttgart had a better suggestion:
Hi Kendon,

I wrote to Marla_Singer and once I get her ok, I will take a look at the map / scenario. :thumbsup:
I will then make sure it is compatible to WTP again and integrate it directly into WTP mod - it thus will also be maintainted for the future.

It might be related to the number of Nations being larger in WTP than it used to be in RaR 2.2. :dunno:
So it is most likely not that difficult to fix. (It does need a bit of editing the mapsave manually though.)

When buying ships in Europe the Frigate is missing the descriptive line about her cargo hold, e.g.
the Sloop has "cargo space: 1", the Privateer "cargo space: 2 (goods only)" but the Frigate only has the text that it can capture the cargo of defeated ships but no info about how much cargo it could hold.

That is not a bug. :)
(It is working as designed.)

The "pure war ships" e.g. Corvette, Frigate and Ship of the Line (of Colonies) do not have cargo hold.
They can thus not carry any cargo themselves. They are supposed to be combat units only.

Technically however they can "Capture Ships" and if they do so, they can also capture the cargo of those ships - which will stay on the captured ship though.
(Capturing Ships is a feature I had implemented in RaR. It is chance based and for "pure was ships" only works if you are at War with the other Nation.)

The "Sloop" was given the 1 cargo hold, because it was supposed to be more versatile e.g. also work as "fast naval scout" and maybe even pick up / transport a Unit from time to time.
The "Privateer" and "Pirate Ship" is also supposed to be able to carry cargo (captured from sunken ships) itself of course.

Last edited:
Hello, I get an error "there are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
CurrentXML file is xml\Terrain/civ4FeatureInfos.xml.

I can run Religion and Revolution just fine.

Top Bottom