1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

I do not know if this a bug or just the expected behavior, but I usually play with reduced Expeditionary Forces, and the King only add Ship-Of-line when he gets mad with me. No soldiers or artillery. It has been happening to me for as long as I can remember. It is a bit weird.
    Also, I can confirm that AI keeps creating too many small coastal boats, more than carriages and definitiley more than needed.

Thanks for all the hard work! regards.

PD. What <bWorksWater> do in buildinginfos.xml? I use <briver> to be able to create docks in lakes, as many times with another colony, village or fort linking the lake with the ocean I can keep the lake open to the sea, as a channel. but I cannot figure out what bworkswater do. Thanks!

2. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Hi @Diegozubi

<bWorksWater> is a building tag that grants the city the ability to work water tiles when at least one building with this tag has been constructed. It is not in use by any building in WTP from what I can see. It acts as a filter, see the code further below.

I realize that this is a bit confusing so here's an explanation:

<bWater>1</bWater> is used by buildings that require that the city is build adjacent to a water plot (such as the landing stage and its upgrades).

If a building with bWater=1 is built AND the building increases the yield of water so that there is at least one yield of any type on the water plot, then it can be worked. The landing stages gives water tiles +1 Food yield so it effectively allows all water plots to be worked. Note that water plots that have any pre-existing yield (such as those with fish, pearls, seals) are always allowed to be worked without any requiring any building. This also goes for fresh water lakes if my understanding is correct.

Note that it would be possible to have a building with bWater=1 but without any increase to water yields (think of the civ4 harbor building for instance).In this case the building would require water but it would not allow non-bonus water plots to be worked, unless it happened to increase water plot yields in general

This is the relevant code:

Code:
    bool CvCity::canWork(const CvPlot* pPlot) const
    {
        if (pPlot == NULL)
        {
            return false;
        }

if (pPlot->getWorkingCity() != this)
        {
            return false;
        }

FAssertMsg(getCityPlotIndex(pPlot) != -1, "getCityPlotIndex(pPlot) is expected to be assigned (not -1)");

if (pPlot->plotCheck(PUF_canSiege, getOwnerINLINE()) != NULL)
        {
            return false;
        }

if (pPlot->isWater())
        {
            if (!isWorksWater() && !GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType()).isWaterWorks())
            {
                return false;
            }
        }

if (!(pPlot->hasYield()))
        {
            return false;
        }

return true;
    }

Note that GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType()).isWaterWorks() is set to 1 for all civs (see CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml) so that this check is effectively disabled:

Code:
    if (pPlot->isWater())
        {
            if (!isWorksWater() && !GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType()).isWaterWorks())
            {
                return false;
            }
        }

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. XSamatan

XSamatan Chieftain

Not so much a bug than more of a question:
    I do believe that the money gained after defeating an animal-class type "barbarian" unit should be increased - is this a simple xml-edit or done by dll?
    Could that be part of the hunting-promotion tree?

4. devolution

devolution Chieftain

Hi @XSamatan

You can change the reward by the editing following constant in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml:

<Define>
    <DefineName>WILD_ANIMAL_REWARD_RANDOM_BASE</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

The reward is an uniformly distributed integer in the range [0, WILD_ANIMAL_REWARD_RANDOM_BASE-1]

With regards to promotions, there are no modifiers that affect the reward.

CptBadger likes this.
  5. XSamatan

XSamatan Chieftain

Thanks, devolution, that was very helpful :)

CptBadger likes this.
  6. 8BitArchitect

8BitArchitect Chieftain

upload_2019-6-15_16-2-59.png
    Getting the above error on end of turn. The game allows me to continue using the ignore options, but I'm not sure what the exact cause is. I'll try to reload/restart and see if that improves things.

7. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

8. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@8BitArchitect

It's a bit strange that you're seeing assertions since you're supposed to be running the release build (where they have been disabled). Which DLL are you playing with ?

On a related note, I just noticed that the archive We.the.People.2.7.1.1.upgrade.only.zip contains the following DLLs:
    - 1 city plot: 12 108 KB
    - 2 city plot: 4188 KB

It seems to me that the 1 city plot variant is probably either a debug or assert build.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  9. 8BitArchitect

8BitArchitect Chieftain

I'm playing with the 1-plot variant. (It's too easy to make super-productive cities with the extra 16 plots (almost tripling the total number of workable plots))

That probably also explains the noticeably longer turns (I thought I was just imagining it at first)

Thanks!

10. recycleman

recycleman Chieftain

Is it possible to get the 1-plot variant .dll that isn't a debug or assert build? Late game turn times are murder in this one. :(

Thanks!

11. Drunk-Monk

Drunk-Monk Chieftain

12. recycleman

recycleman Chieftain

Thanks for the advice. Playing it right now. Awesome mod. Still hoping for the eventual playable 1-plot variant with the bugfixes.:religion:

13. scottfreitas

scottfreitas Chieftain

The 1-plot version is definitely more in tune with the original 1994 Colonization, to be sure.

I sometimes play the 2-plot version but it really is way too Civ-like. Every colony you create becomes a super mega-colony! There's just so much room to gather resources and plant food! It's crazy.

Bottom line: definitely gotta choose the 1-plot version in order to play Colonization, rather than Civilization...

Jarlaxe Baenre likes this.
  14. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

I uploaded a new 1 plot DLL for WTP 2.7.1.1 and you should download it here: https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/releases/tag/2.7.1.1

There is a bug in the project configuration where it can give you a debug DLL instead of release even though you select release. I managed to compile a release (it really should be release this time) and you can get it as a standalone download. I did NOT upload new versions of the bigger files meaning you need the new file.

Hecur likes this.
  15. recycleman

recycleman Chieftain

Thank you Nightinggale and thank you and other modders for keeping the mod alive.:worship:

16. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

thanks devolution!! I now understand what WaterWorks means.
    Could somebody take a look in the problem I noticed with the EF? The king keeps adding only Man-O-War to the EF and not any other war unit. Can it be modified in an xml? I am playing 2-plot radius city and gigantic map (the bigger one).
    Thanks!

17. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Chieftain

I don't have a save for you, but I had just abandoned a colony and was still in the city screen. I had some horses in the city so I made the deserting population scouts, except I had enough horses for like 5 scouts but was able to make 9 (all the people I had on the tile at the time).